EXIT festival - yes or no?

DazRigby

Hello people :)))))

I am considering going to Exit festival this year, but I have a few questions before deciding... 

- what is the general atmosphere at the festival/camp site like? I'll be travelling alone, possibly, for the first time since going to festivals, and I'm a little worried about meeting people. I'm a bit of a party animal and dont usually have any trouble getting chatting to people, but i guess its just a concern with travelling alone...

- how many days is the campsite open for? and can you take alcohol onto the campsite? 

- what do things generally cost at the festival? (beers, food etc)....  

- is there other stuff going on at the festival, or is it simply music (I dont mind, just curious)

Sorry if I'm asking simple questions, all I can find is info regarding accommodation and the music...

any help would be MUCH appreciated, 

much love ;)

i attended the festival once, so i am able to answer a few questions.

the camp site is quite a walk from the festival area and is also pretty small and packed. the atmosphere is good though. i don't think you will have too much trouble if you are a friendly person. also, probably most of the camp is with people from abroad.

camp is open 2-3 days before and 2 days after the festival. not sure if you can bring alcohol according to the rules, but a lot of people had it. i don't think you will have problems with this.

all the prices are low compared to the western europe festivals. can't remember exactly the details though. anyway, to spending less money, thousands of people drink before the festival starts on the shore of danube. 

there are a lot of different stages with all kinds of atmosphere, but mainly it's just music. but i'm not too interested in the extra stuff usually, so i'm not sure about this.

Don't know in which of the 3 threads to answer :D 

Going there last hundred years. Will agree with everything above and add some stuff.

Beside normal stages with a dj or a band playing there's silent disco stage, latino stage where you can learn to dance and a zip line that goes over the festival and in the chill zone sponsors usually put some games and stuff. Nothing really major. Never really bothered with those.

Alcohol is allowed in the camp area but glass isn't. So just either buy in plastic bottle or pour from glass one into something else.

Prices of food in the city like hamburgers and pizzas is ranging from 1€ to 3€. There's food at the festival site but never bothered with it. 0.5L of beer in shops is around 0.7€, 2L bottle is 2€. At the festival beer is 2.5€ for 0.5L and there's only Heineken. Energy drinks on the festival are 2€. There's also wine and vodka with fruits. No strong alcohol. But yeah, as neacaisa said, everyone drinks on the shore of Danube 5 minutes from the festival.

Don't worry about being alone. It's the friendliest campsite I've ever been too (Werchter, Sziget, Novarock, Inmusic, Rock im Park are my other experiences) and there're tons of people from all over the world, especially UK and the Netherlands (which are everywhere I guess :lol: )

Edited by Nicklord

4 hours ago, neacaisa said:

i attended the festival once, so i am able to answer a few questions.

the camp site is quite a walk from the festival area and is also pretty small and packed. the atmosphere is good though. i don't think you will have too much trouble if you are a friendly person. also, probably most of the camp is with people from abroad.

camp is open 2-3 days before and 2 days after the festival. not sure if you can bring alcohol according to the rules, but a lot of people had it. i don't think you will have problems with this.

all the prices are low compared to the western europe festivals. can't remember exactly the details though. anyway, to spending less money, thousands of people drink before the festival starts on the shore of danube. 

there are a lot of different stages with all kinds of atmosphere, but mainly it's just music. but i'm not too interested in the extra stuff usually, so i'm not sure about this.

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Don't know in which of the 3 threads to answer :D 

Going there last hundred years. Will agree with everything above and add some stuff.

Beside normal stages with a dj or a band playing there's silent disco stage, latino stage where you can learn to dance and a zip line that goes over the festival and in the chill zone sponsors usually put some games and stuff. Nothing really major. Never really bothered with those.

Alcohol is allowed in the camp area but glass isn't. So just either buy in plastic bottle or pour from glass one into something else.

Prices of food in the city like hamburgers and pizzas is ranging from 1€ to 3€. There's food at the festival site but never bothered with it. 0.5L of beer in shops is around 0.7€, 2L bottle is 2€. At the festival beer is 2.5€ for 0.5L and there's only Heineken. Energy drinks on the festival are 2€. There's also wine and vodka with fruits. No strong alcohol. But yeah, as neacaisa said, everyone drinks on the shore of Danube 5 minutes from the festival.

Don't worry about being alone. It's the friendliest campsite I've ever been too (Werchter, Sziget, Novarock, Inmusic, Rock im Park are my other experiences) and there're tons of people from all over the world, especially UK and the Netherlands (which are everywhere I guess :lol: )

thanks a lot guys :) I am going to go to either Waha in Romania, or Exit... I'm leaning more towards Exit though now... I just hope I can drag someone with me! lol

Oh one other thing: is there any music or mini stage on the festival campsite? I'm thinking there must be some sort of entertainment there, if it's open before/after the festival? 

thanks again :)

• 3 weeks later...

One thing i'd say about the festival atmosphere is that all the locals wore neckerchiefs over their faces which made them look like gangsters. It was off putting at 1st but once we realized they were wearing them because of the dust we all thought it was funny. I even ended up buying a Prodigy one myself.

We never saw any trouble and had a really good time. I'd definitely go back!

Have fun :)