Something Else in the Dean 2018

Nobody Interesting

Due to lots of reasons this years SEITD will be the last...... in the Dean...... Gail's other SE's will carry on and hopefully something new will also happen.

Tickets are going fast so if you fancy being at the last ever SE in the Dean do not delay. https://www.tickettailor.com/all-tickets/1162/b307/

First bit of line-up has also been released.

https://www.facebook.com/events/143018812979683/

11 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

|Is there anything that can be done to keep things going?

Gail and the landowner have worked hard to keep this years events going and managed that - sadly there is nothing that can be done bar removal of those who like to complain.

I am sure she will find a site somewhere, though not in the Dean, for future events. I think the Campfire sessions will continue though as they are unplugged.

8 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Go for it Yog.  You'll be welcome to call round to my caravan for a glass or two.

Hello grumpy,

You'll never guess what? Me and the misses decided that we would 'go for it', as it may be the last year that they can hold it at The Elton Mazes. So, about 10 minutes ago I booked two tickets, and got the ticket confirmation email straight away. When I went to put that email / ticket in my Something Else in the Dean folder on the computer (for I have such a thing) I discovered that I already bought two tickets for this years festival last October - Doh!  What a plonker!  

I've emailed another friend who is going to see if he wants me to hold on to the two extra tickets, or whether I should contact Gail to see if I can get two of the four tickets that I have put back in to the pot. He has suggested that I hold on to them, so will do so for now.

So grumpy, it does look like I'll be going to the ball, after all (forgive the rhyme!). And one more thing, I'd be delighted to hook up with you at your caravan for a couple of drinks and a chat. Then you can come to our campervan for a couple of drinks and a chat. Then we can go in to the festival area, for a couple of drinks and a chat! Seriously though, I do look forward to meeting you (and your caravan!).We've talked for long enough on here, so it would be good to meet up in person.

Great news Yog.  You can show me yours and I'll show you mine (motorhomes and caravans that is). If you've got a couple of spare tickets in your pot Gail might allow you to swap them for her Campfire Sessions or Hobofest earlier in the year.

12 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Good call.

Hobofest i great fun

Hello Nobody Interesting,

I've really got to limit the amount of weekends that I take out this summer, as we are proposing to earn some income over the summer months / weekends. Whether that comes to fruition or not, time will tell. However, I looked at Gail's site and saw Hobofest and thought to myself 'that sounds interesting'. The only thing is that I don't know anything about it. Is it similar to Something Else in the Dean, or is there a marked difference?  :)

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Nobody Interesting,

I've really got to limit the amount of weekends that I take out this summer, as we are proposing to earn some income over the summer months / weekends. Whether that comes to fruition or not, time will tell. However, I looked at Gail's site and saw Hobofest and thought to myself 'that sounds interesting'. The only thing is that I don't know anything about it. Is it similar to Something Else in the Dean, or is there a marked difference?  :)

It all held in the camping area with a smaller arena next to the tents and vans.

Friday night is a simple round the campfire session night.

Saturday has 2 stages with music alternating all day.

Sunday has some acoustic music and the Hobo Olympics - which is another way of saying lots of drunk adults playing silly games and laughing lots.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It all held in the camping area with a smaller arena next to the tents and vans.

Friday night is a simple round the campfire session night.

Saturday has 2 stages with music alternating all day.

Sunday has some acoustic music and the Hobo Olympics - which is another way of saying lots of drunk adults playing silly games and laughing lots.

Thanks Nobody Interesting. It now turns out that something else has cropped up, which means that we are going to have to take time away in Mid to late May now. This means that we no longer have the 'freedom' to take more time off. Oh well, never mind, maybe next year. Thanks once again for the reply though. 

• 7 months later...
36 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I've caught up rather late that this has been moved to Oxfordshire.  Not sure if the tickets I bought in January are still valid.

Yes they are.

Gail also said t me she will send out directions nearer the time as it is hard to find if you have not been before.

16 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yes they are.

Gail also said t me she will send out directions nearer the time as it is hard to find if you have not been before.

I can second this, as I sent an email to Gail, and she confirmed it. Still hoping to go to this little festival. I've actually bought two lots of two tickets for me and my wife - I bought the first two, then forgot I'd bought them, and bought another two! A senior moment, I think. If I do go, I think that it might be my last festival in a while.

So, my wife told me tonight that she'd not be doing anymore festivals for the foreseeable future - and that that included Something Else in the Dean in September. I'm not going to book anymore for the future either, but had thought that this little fest would be our last fandango. Oh well - I'll try to get there this time myself, because I'm getting pissed off with booking things, and not going to them. One of my mates is going anyway, so maybe I'll travel there with him. 

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

So, my wife told me tonight that she'd not be doing anymore festivals for the foreseeable future - and that that included Something Else in the Dean in September. I'm not going to book anymore for the future either, but had thought that this little fest would be our last fandango. Oh well - I'll try to get there this time myself, because I'm getting pissed off with booking things, and not going to them. One of my mates is going anyway, so maybe I'll travel there with him. 

Does that mean you have a spare ticket Yog?  If so I could see if any of my mates are interested.

1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

Does that mean you have a spare ticket Yog?  If so I could see if any of my mates are interested.

Hello grumpy,

Yes, I have a spare ticket available if one of your mates wants it. In fact, I currently have three spare tickets - I managed to buy two last year, then earlier this year I forgot that I'd bought two tickets, so bought another two tickets. Doh! So, if more than one of your mates wants a ticket, then I'm your man.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 9:57 AM, grumpyhack said:

I've caught up rather late that this has been moved to Oxfordshire.  Not sure if the tickets I bought in January are still valid.

I've caught up even later, as of today.

I'm not having any luck at all with festivals this year, I chose this one specifically as we could drive there and back on a daily basis, because of health issues :(

47 minutes ago, feral chile said:

I've caught up even later, as of today.

I'm not having any luck at all with festivals this year, I chose this one specifically as we could drive there and back on a daily basis, because of health issues :(

Got 2 spare tickets now.

14 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's a shame feral, because we could have met up, as I'm due to go to this festival. I've now got three spare tickets myself!

I know, I'm really disappointed. It would have been so nice to meet up with people I speak to on here. it's a real shame.

hopefully there'll be other years. 

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

I know, I'm really disappointed. It would have been so nice to meet up with people I speak to on here. it's a real shame.

hopefully there'll be other years. 

Yes, it's nice to meet up with efest folk. I've done two meet ups at Glastonbury and thoroughly enjoyed them. I should have gone last year (as I had a ticket) but didn't go in the end. Something I really regret now, as I'd loved to have gone to the meet up.

As you say, hopefully they'll be other years to meet up with efesters at other festivals, although I can't see myself going to too many festivals next year. It's kind of to do with our AirBnB thing, and we're a little festivalled out. 

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, it's nice to meet up with efest folk. I've done two meet ups at Glastonbury and thoroughly enjoyed them. I should have gone last year (as I had a ticket) but didn't go in the end. Something I really regret now, as I'd loved to have gone to the meet up.

As you say, hopefully they'll be other years to meet up with efesters at other festivals, although I can't see myself going to too many festivals next year. It's kind of to do with our AirBnB thing, and we're a little festivalled out. 

I emailed them and they kindly agreed to refund me after the event. It's a shame to waste the tickets though, thought they might have been able to resell them, doesn't it work like that?

Edited by feral chile