Something Else in the Dean 2018

Nobody Interesting

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

I emailed them and they kindly agreed to refund me after the event. It's a shame to waste the tickets though, thought they might have been able to resell them, doesn't it work like that?

Hello feral,

I reckon they'll be able to sell the tickets no problem. I might ask Gail myself, if she can help, although my circumstances are different, and I'd really rather not bother if she thought I was taking the piss. Yes, admittedly I didn't know at the time of purchasing, that the venue would change so dramatically, but I did buy two of the tickets in error (I'd forgotten that I'd already bought two tickets. Doh!). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 3:33 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can second this, as I sent an email to Gail, and she confirmed it. Still hoping to go to this little festival. I've actually bought two lots of two tickets for me and my wife - I bought the first two, then forgot I'd bought them, and bought another two! A senior moment, I think. If I do go, I think that it might be my last festival in a while.

Yog, just found this post on Facebook.  Maybe a way to get rid of your spare double tickets

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1973900392829820/permalink/2286823671537489/

I'm going on the Thursday.  Look forward to meeting up.  Grumpyhack (aka Pete)

3 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Yog, just found this post on Facebook.  Maybe a way to get rid of your spare double tickets

Hello grumpy,

I don't hold out much hope of selling them now. I don't really understand Facebook in it's entirety, but it would appear to be a closed group.I could ask to join, but time's running out on that front. I may get in touch with Gail via the email address that I have. :)

On 9/25/2018 at 10:45 AM, grumpyhack said:

Hello grumpy,

Just found out that the lad I'm due to go with might have to pull out for medical reasons - he's going to tell me tomorrow, his decision. I'll not be going if he's not. I haven't managed to sell those 3 tickets, so if you know of up to three people who would want a free ticket, then let me know.

Same call out to anybody on here. First person to ask will get them.

I hope you make it Yog.  If you do, and any other EFesters, do come round and say hello.  I'll be in the twin axle Dethleffs Camper Caravan - there won't be many like that.  There will probably also be a Grumpyhack sign in the window.

5 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I hope you make it Yog.  If you do, and any other EFesters, do come round and say hello.  I'll be in the twin axle Dethleffs Camper Caravan - there won't be many like that.  There will probably also be a Grumpyhack sign in the window.

I had to google that to see what it might look like :D

I'll say hi if I remember - I am the one that looks like a cucumber.

8 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Hello grumpy,

Looks like I am going to go to the ball after all. My mate says that his up for it still. Going to contact him later to sort out the details of arrival etc. So, not sure when I'll get there, as we are travelling separately. 

I'll PM you my mobile number. That said, you'll struggle to miss the pair of us - I'm the one with a few missing teeth (don't do drugs kids!), and my mate is as camp as Christmas and will, no doubt, be wearing a feaux fur, or something sparkly. That said, I'll look for your caravan, in any case. As you say, they'll probably be only the one Dethleff Camper Caravan with twin axles.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I really enjoyed this festival, even though much of the music wasn't to my taste. It was lovely to meet some efesters (and ex efesters!). I much preferred the site to the ones previously held at Elton Maize in the Forest of Dean. 

It was rather fab :-)

Nice to meet you and chat.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It was rather fab ?

Nice to meet you and chat.

Yes, it was nice to meet you and your wife / partner too. I did find it amusing when you introduced yourself as 'nobody interesting', and without realising the efests connection I said that I too was 'nobody interesting'. I had thought to myself that we were having a 'shy off'! :)

PS - How's your singing? I ask because you could probably get gigs as Neil Tennant's double. :)

30 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, it was nice to meet you and your wife / partner too. I did find it amusing when you introduced yourself as 'nobody interesting', and without realising the efests connection I said that I too was 'nobody interesting'. I had thought to myself that we were having a 'shy off'! :)

PS - How's your singing? I ask because you could probably get gigs as Neil Tennant's double. :)

I have been compared to many people but never Neil Tennant - my singing is dire mind you so best I do not try .

Being Nobody Interesting is always fun :D

Great to meet you all.  Always fascinating when the people you've formed a picture of from these forums turn out to be quite different.  I shall read Yog's posts in a new light now.  Sadly I had to leave on Sunday morning as there was a three line family whip to attend a farewell bash for my great nephew who has now set off with his girlfriend and a couple of mates for a six month 12 country tour of the Far East.  I'll next be seeing him in Melbourne in March at the start of our six week Aussie tour.  Then back to start the festival season.

1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

Great to meet you all.  Always fascinating when the people you've formed a picture of from these forums turn out to be quite different.  I shall read Yog's posts in a new light now.  Sadly I had to leave on Sunday morning as there was a three line family whip to attend a farewell bash for my great nephew who has now set off with his girlfriend and a couple of mates for a six month 12 country tour of the Far East.  I'll next be seeing him in Melbourne in March at the start of our six week Aussie tour.  Then back to start the festival season.

It was lovely to finally meet you grumpy (P). Shame we didn't have a much longer chat though, as I'd have liked that. Despite my toothless appearance I'm actually fully house trained, and not a ne'er do well (apart from the singular aspect of being a drug taker). I really enjoyed meeting new people at the festival - people who didn't look down on me like I was something they trod in (they know who they are, and includes you, so thank you). Would really love to hook up again next festival season at some festival. All the best. Yog.

PS - Your caravan really is a beauty. No wonder you bang on about it!

6 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

excellent weekend, was camping next  too and was talking to Yog all weekend and only realized  it Sunday afternoon, small world eh.

Grumpyhack, didn`t now you were there!!! amazing that we didn`t bump into each other at such a small festival.

Hello THEBOILERMAN. Really happy to have hooked up with you in the end, and been able to say hello. Could have done with a longer chat, but that can wait until next year now. You're evidently hard core in the distance you will travel to get to a festival. All the best for the winter months, and see you in the same field, hopefully, sometime next year.

PS - grumpy was very close to where we were camping. You'd have passed his caravan every time you went up to the stages. Nice bloke Pete is.