What are you doing instead of Glastonbury this year?

JoBalls

Just on impulse I decided I would attend Shaky Knees. I have already booked The Isle of Wight but hey. I turn 65 this year so I deserve some extra fun right? The festival appeals to my Alt Rock heart and Jack White and the National are headlining. I am staying in a hotel not a tent and just generally punting it up. B)

Shaky Knees.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bisque said:

No Laos, going to Nicaragua now.

Cool. I find the forum section of Trip Advisor to be  great source of knowledge when going to a new country. You have to watch out for bandits on there who are promoting themselves, or slagging off rivals, but soon get to know which people to trust and who not to trust. It's also a great build up to the holiday itself ie you can learn a lot before going,  which means less time spent on the holiday learning.

19 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cool. I find the forum section of Trip Advisor to be  great source of knowledge when going to a new country. You have to watch out for bandits on there who are promoting themselves, or slagging off rivals, but soon get to know which people to trust and who not to trust. It's also a great build up to the holiday itself ie you can learn a lot before going,  which means less time spent on the holiday learning.

Thank you for this advice! I love doing research on tripadvisor & wikitravel at work (when I should be working). Like coming on here the months before Glasto.

I’m not travelling alone this time too so there’s two of us going to be trawling through websites this werkend. I’ve stated using youtube too for research, so many travel vloggers on there now but hard to find someone who’s voice isn’t ridiculously irratating. 

9 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Unexpectedly, as my son is working there, our upcoming music festival is in Nablus on the West Bank, Project Hope. I’m doing some photography for them. Should be an amazing experience.

https://www.nablusfestival.org/

Oh, that'll be 'out there' alright, in terms of experience. It's a mind blower I'd say.

Going to Wychwood this year (got the tickets cheap, as we "know some people"). Pretty low key affair, but the line up looks quite reasonable  :-) a few names I'm keen to see.

Other than that, heading off to Peru in July to do some trekking in the Sacred Valley, Rainbow Mountain and Machu Picchu, and explore Cusco, Lake Titicaca & Lima. Which is quite (well, a lot) exciting TBH. You might see me on the bandstand with my poncho and pan pipes in 2019.........:D

On 3/10/2018 at 9:06 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Unexpectedly, as my son is working there, our upcoming music festival is in Nablus on the West Bank, Project Hope. I’m doing some photography for them. Should be an amazing experience.

https://www.nablusfestival.org/

That sounds A-MAZING. Report back, eh? x