Deer Lodge parking

Tug life

I'm hearing terrible rumours that the deer lodge won't have it's own car park this year, which means you get to lug your gear further than everyone else and pay hundreds (or thousands) for the privilege. Does anyone know if this is true? And the reasoning behind it? Personally I suspect it's so fewer police and sniffer dogs are required. Having seen security drastically reduced last year, is this the latest cost cutter?

The car park wasn’t big enough at Deer Lodge last year & they had some Friday arrivals parked up the top field between the green gate entrance & Live in Fields. Does seem strange that they’re answering people’s questions across the different platforms yet ignoring this issue which is one of the main benefits to DL. 

I also notice they they are offering 1 free car parking place per tent which is another change. I’ve often had 4 tickets as my group will come from different areas. 

I finally got a reply to the question. 

We have made the decision to move the Deer Lodge car park so that we can increase the space within the family campsite after listening to feedback from last year’s festival. 

We are reviewing all aspects of this decision, to make sure all campsites & boutique structures have the sufficient space required, as we want to make sure all our festival goers have the best experience possible at Kendal Calling 2018. 

We are also looking into a dedicated taxi service for all our Deer Lodge guests should the Deer Lodge car park remain in the general car park. This would be for Deer Lodge customers only and would mean less walking with all your essential festival gear! 

We look forward to welcoming you back to the fields in just over 6 months time.

Thanks, 

Nicole

#seeyouinthefields

• Upvote 2