How to check a wedding photographer’s portfolio?

Jess Kennedy

Hi everyone! So I’m getting married by the end of the year, and my wife and I are currently looking for a professional photographer to hire. Many told me that browsing portfolios could give me an idea of how a photographer works. We’re not really artistic people, so it’s hard for us to determine how one’s pictures are better than the other. Can you help us with this? For example, we found this [*** link removed*** ] based while searching online. What are the photo elements that we should focus on? How can we tell if their photos are good or bad? Thanks a lot!

Edited by eFestivals

5 hours ago, Jess Kennedy said:

Hi everyone! So I’m getting married by the end of the year, and my wife and I are currently looking for a professional photographer to hire. Many told me that browsing portfolios could give me an idea of how a photographer works. We’re not really artistic people, so it’s hard for us to determine how one’s pictures are better than the other. Can you help us with this? For example, we found this [*** link removed*** ] based while searching online. What are the photo elements that we should focus on? How can we tell if their photos are good or bad? Thanks a lot!

Hello Jess,

Are you a Time Lord? I only ask because you say that you are getting married at the end of the year to the person who it would appear is already, at this moment in time, your wife. 

Apart from your post, here's another joke;

The barman said: "We don't serve time travelers 'round here!" ..... A time traveler walks into a bar.

• Upvote 3

If you're considering marrying at Glastonbury I may, ever so slightly, be interested enough to offer some advice.

If the photos look amazing then they're an amazing photographer.

If the photos look good then they're a good photographer.

If the photos look okayish then they're an okayish photographer.

If the photos look bad then they're bad photographer.

If the photos are of naked people I'd guess you are looking at the wrong site.

Hope this was helpful and thanks for taking my mind off of my man flu.:sorry:

22 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

The location on their profile is an address, the address of a photographer based in London. Clever bit of spam!

Hello Dukeicon,

I started to look in to that but couldn't be arsed in the end. While coming to that conclusion though, I did come across a photographer who was based in Nepal. I suspect they are connected to the London address. I wouldn't really call it a clever bit of spam. I'd be more inclined to not run with the ideology that 'all publicity is good publicity', but then I suspect I'm not exactly the targeted market! lol.  :)