stanh

Wireless 2018

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

You don't think DJ Khaled is big?

I do, he has a lot of tolerable songs that I don't mind. I just thought that, compared to Migos, he is a weak headliner. When you consider that he is touring America with Demi Lovato while Migos are about to follow-up one of the most popular, and influential, rap records of last year (not to forget how Bad and Boujee was everywhere), I would have assumed that Migos would be more popular with the Wireless crowd than, say, new V.

Then again, a festival where Kygo and Avicii can headline, it isn't too surprising that he got top billing. I was just holding out for someone a bit more interesting.

I think it's quite clear that Wireless has gone a completely new direction the past year. Theygot rid of the majority of the Pop and Dance and became more dedicated to hip-hop. I am kinda surprised DJ Khaled is headlining, but tbh Drake has songs with both him and Giggs so wouldnt be surprised if there was a guest appearance from him

26 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

J. Cole is pretty popular, he did 2 nights at the O2 on his last tour. His last 2 records have been very popular, especially the one he released in 2014. Very sentimental lyrics and very, very corny. Really safe headliner for Wireless.

I think Sunday's undercard is solid but DJ Khaled? Jesus Christ, I'd have thought Migos are bigger than him

2014: Kanye, Kanye (Drake pulled out last-minute), Bruno Mars

2015: Drake, Drake, Avicii/Kendrick, David Guetta/Nicki Minaj

2016: Calvin Harris, Chase & Status/J. Cole, BBK/Kygo

2017: Chance the Rapper, Skepta, The Weeknd

2018: J. Cole, Stormzy, DJ Khaled

the drop-off since 2015 is really quite something isn't it.

Can't wait for the social media team to have to deal with thousands of complaints from people who bought tickets for Sunday expecting Rihanna and Bieber to come out only to get Migos and Chris Brown.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

the drop-off since 2015 is really quite something isn't it.

It sold quicker last year than any of those listed, iirc. Because they started concentrating on hip hop rather than any old pop and dance I suppose.

Appeals much less to me this year but it’ll probably sell out again, I think it actually has a dedicated audience now.