stanh

Wireless 2018

Following (in my opinion) one of the better festivals of 2017, and a total sell out, who do you hope to see at next years event, and who do you think will be likely perform? 

At the moment my prediction is...

Headliners....

Kendrick Lamar (if he doesn't do R&L) - N.E.R.D.

Drake - 21 Savage

Eminem - Nicki Minaj

Then split over the weekend... (not looked at tour dates, etc..)

The Chainsmokers / Katy Perry / Kurupt Fm / Wiley / Rita Ora / Nas / Big Shaq / Young Thug / Post Malone / dvsn / Dave / Fredo / Mabel / Lil Pump 

Also, when was the first 2017 announcement ?

I think they'll keep the focus on hip-hop/rnb tbh. Something along the lines of:

Stormzy / Drake / Post Malone for headliners

I expect Storms to do R+L too but he can just be TBC on that lineup till after Wireless.

People like Chainsmokers, Rita Ora, Katy Perry etc. are much more likely for the new V fest imo. Eminem is also rumoured for late EU fests (Sziget) so would be suprised if he aint at the new V fest too.

Hang on, you think Katy Perry would play and not headline?

Thats crazy. Not a chance.

Wireless and new V both have the same owners btw, I think they will obviously make the new V a stronger fest, for starters its bigger, one site alone, let alone two and they really need to come out strong relaunching this thing. Wireless will probably have people V had last year, not Jay Z of course.

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think they'll keep the focus on hip-hop/rnb tbh. Something along the lines of:

Stormzy / Drake / Post Malone for headliners

I expect Storms to do R+L too but he can just be TBC on that lineup till after Wireless.

People like Chainsmokers, Rita Ora, Katy Perry etc. are much more likely for the new V fest imo. Eminem is also rumoured for late EU fests (Sziget) so would be suprised if he aint at the new V fest too.

Really couldn't see stormzy or post malone headlining, would be a huge disappointment if so! 

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Hang on, you think Katy Perry would play and not headline?

Thats crazy. Not a chance.

Wireless and new V both have the same owners btw, I think they will obviously make the new V a stronger fest, for starters its bigger, one site alone, let alone two and they really need to come out strong relaunching this thing. Wireless will probably have people V had last year, not Jay Z of course.

I could see her being a sub-headline if she was to play there, because she definitely isn't as big as she used to be, however, her new music is definitely much better than a large number of her old tunes. 

Also, feel that Wireless is more of a Rap/Urban/Grime(ish) festival , not as much 'poppy', hence why I didnt put Katy as sub-headliner.

I do feel Nicki is very likely as she's releasing new music next year, and also is in the 'OVO' gang with Drake and everyone... So would be an obvious sub choice. 

23 minutes ago, stanh said:

Really couldn't see stormzy or post malone headlining, would be a huge disappointment if so! 

Stormzy easily could (considering hes probably bigger than Chance over here). Kinda agree on post, just couldnt think of anyone bigger. Nicki Minaj could probs do it if she is over here. IDK

Kendrick, Drake and Eminem is way too strong. The last two can do stadiums and Kendrick is on the strong side of realistic headliners. And Katy Perry playing in the middle of the day are Wireless is looney tunes.

@Mattymooz Post Malone could be a sub or something but headlining would be wild. He opened the main stage this year. He’s obviously grown a fair bit but tens of thousands paying £70 to see him?

I think Stormzy, J Cole and another. Wiz Khalifa, J Hus and Macklemore are touring around that time, and Childish Gambino is apparently maybe touring next summer after his Solo obligations are done, so that lot could be higher up acts - Gambino could possibly co-headline. 

Was reading yday about about Rolling Loud branching out into London so they’ll face some stiff competition for acts next year.

Yeah I have no clue about a lot of hip hop, but i def think post is more likely here than R+L. J Cole seems like a reasonable shout too, Future too if he is in the area.

If Eminem is at the new V, I doubt they'll want Drake there too, so I think hes still likely for this tho (so have no clue how big j.cole and future are in comparison etc.)

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Stormzy easily could (considering hes probably bigger than Chance over here). Kinda agree on post, just couldnt think of anyone bigger. Nicki Minaj could probs do it if she is over here. IDK

Stormzy though is just mediocre and just very mainstream, could see him subbing but surely not headlining, considering I paid £24 to see him at Rock City, and he didn't even sell that out. Dont get me wrong, he's good, but fully hope they go for someone else.

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah I have no clue about a lot of hip hop, but i def think post is more likely here than R+L. J Cole seems like a reasonable shout too, Future too if he is in the area.

If Eminem is at the new V, I doubt they'll want Drake there too, so I think hes still likely for this tho (so have no clue how big j.cole and future are in comparison etc.)

Drake is definitely bigger than both Future and J. Cole... As Drake does sell out stadiums and arenas, whereas Future and J.Cole can sell out arenas, but not all dates, my J.Cole tickets were over half the price less than Drakes, yet the arena was surprisingly empty. However, all 3 would be pretty good at Wireless, as they are brilliant, especially Drake, live.

But, on the subject of Drake, at his London show on the BMWT he did promise an OVO Festival in London, so that could potentially take him of the Wireless line-up as well as other artists from OVO sound...

Been predicting Stormzy, J Cole and A$AP Rocky for a while but I have no idea if any of them are likely to be around next Summer/are releasing albums or whatever.

Future for a coheadline with Gambino would work I reckon. However I don’t think either of those two, J Cole or Storm have the same star power that The Weeknd had last year and Calvin the year before so it’s probably not so good a prediction.

Anyway, probably get a good idea of who might be over from Open Air Frauenfeld which is the biggest European hip hop fest and normally shares most names as it’s the same weekend. Here are their names so far:

https://mobile.twitter.com/OpenairFF/status/940590416268754949/

1 hour ago, stanh said:

But, on the subject of Drake, at his London show on the BMWT he did promise an OVO Festival in London

Maybe one of the days could see Drake and Future having an OVO Festival takeover at Wireless. It would definitely be more convenient for them.

I think Kendrick is too big, especially looking at this year's headliners. Childish Gambino could easily headline; he headlined some very big festivals in America this year so, providing his acting schedule is free, he could easily sell out his night if it were to happen. Jay-Z could turn up as he would be in his second year of touring 4:44.

Would Migos be big enough to headline? I know they aren't massive but they're very prolific and are loved by the rap community.

And I know Pharrell said he wanted N.E.R.D to tour so maybe they could materialise?

Some acts I would love to turn up are: BROCKHAMPTON, Young Thug, SZA, Vince Staples, Run The Jewels (potential headliner?/very special guest), Rapsody, Ty Dolla $ign, Cardi B

42 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Maybe one of the days could see Drake and Future having an OVO Festival takeover at Wireless. It would definitely be more convenient for them.

I think Kendrick is too big, especially looking at this year's headliners. Childish Gambino could easily headline; he headlined some very big festivals in America this year so, providing his acting schedule is free, he could easily sell out his night if it were to happen. Jay-Z could turn up as he would be in his second year of touring 4:44.

Would Migos be big enough to headline? I know they aren't massive but they're very prolific and are loved by the rap community.

And I know Pharrell said he wanted N.E.R.D to tour so maybe they could materialise?

Some acts I would love to turn up are: BROCKHAMPTON, Young Thug, SZA, Vince Staples, Run The Jewels (potential headliner?/very special guest), Rapsody, Ty Dolla $ign, Cardi B

Kendrick is too big but Drake isn't?

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Kendrick is too big but Drake isn't?

Oh no, I meant that although Drake may be too big for Wireless (which he definitely is, arguably bigger than Kendrick), OVO could do a takeover, not too dissimilar to how Mumford and Sons had their GOTR stopover at Latitude. Apologies for not making that clearer

On 12/19/2017 at 6:59 PM, finn_with_1_n said:

Oh no, I meant that although Drake may be too big for Wireless (which he definitely is, arguably bigger than Kendrick), OVO could do a takeover, not too dissimilar to how Mumford and Sons had their GOTR stopover at Latitude. Apologies for not making that clearer

I could see that working, however, I fully doubt that'll happen because the most expensive 'normal' day tickets are £62, when the cheapest tickets for a 'stand-alone' Drake show are priced between £80-£140 - so for that reason I can't really see an OVO take over day happening.

My bet is on Drake being the big headliner, and then stormzy and someone else (Childish Gambino, Nicky Minaj etc.) being the other 2