University Research Project

UoB Music Student

Hi everyone,

I am music student studying at the University of Birmingham and am currently undergoing a research project into Glastonbury as a global festival. If possible, I would be very grateful if any of you would take the time to complete my survey - it should not take more than 10 minutes to complete.

This is the link to my survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0Anu1wW0KNH2QeRUf7cgacQvHCxnodl1YGZd2N3K4p_RIBg/viewform

If anyone is concerned about confidentiality etc, please read the below statement which outlines how your information will be collated and handled. This information can also be found at the beginning of my survey:

This information is being collected as part of a research project concerned with Glastonbury as a global festival, under the supervision of Dr Luis-Manuel Garcia from the Department of Music at the University of Birmingham.This survey will ask about your age, gender, your experiences at Glastonbury and how social media has affected the global status of the festival. The information which you supply as part of this research project will be entered into a filling system or database and will only be accessed by the researcher. The information will be retained by the University of Birmingham and will only be used for the purpose of research, statistical and audit purposes. I will hold this data for 6 months after collection after which it will be destroyed. By supplying this information you are consenting to the University storing your information for the purposes stated above. The information will be processed by the University of Birmingham in accordance with the provision of the Data Protection Act 1998. No identifiable personal data will be published.

Thank you for your help,

UoB Music Student.

1 hour ago, UoB Music Student said:

Thank you so much for your help.

It has been very interesting to read everyone's thoughts, I am just hoping for some more replies now!

Hello UoB Music Student ,

I'm enjoying the eloquently pitched sarcasm. The thing is actually two things;

(1) We get a lot of people asking to help them out with their dissertations etc, and I'll admit, for me, it can get a bit tiresome - especially when they promise to return with how they got on, but don't do so.

(2) There's no Glastonbury now until 2019. This affects this site, and it's members.

I've just filled out your questionnaire.

Best wishes for your course, and festive best wishes too.

#

• Downvote 1

On 20/12/2017 at 8:46 PM, grumpyhack said:

Done but I'll only be impressed when you come back with a summary of your findings.  Good luck.

I second that - you have to wonder what happens to them - one second they are here and the next ' they never post again ' - anyway I also filled it in .

3 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I second that - you have to wonder what happens to them - one second they are here and the next ' they never post again ' - anyway I also filled it in .

It's odd and sad that people 'studying' festivals don't participate on here other than at dissertation time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thank you for your help regarding my research project - I have now closed the survey and am no longer accepting responses. 

Regarding your requests to publish my results: Universities often wish to retain projects and results for a specified period of time whilst marking and are sometimes quite reluctant to release projects until after graduation, if at all. Depending on my universities' policy regarding sharing my findings, I would be more than happy to share my results with you. I will have to contact my supervisor for approval, which may take some time, but I will keep you up to date with my progress and will post as soon as is possible.

Once again, thank you all for your responses - they were extremely helpful and I could not have completed this part of my degree without your help.

Best wishes,

UoB Music Student

• Upvote 1