TRUCK 2018

UndergroundSound

31 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

the vaccines, catfish, circa waves (sub), the wombats (sub), blossoms (sub)

i'm not sure i agree with your comment. those five bands played in the last two years, on their way up in my opinion. catfish wouldn't be out of place headlining latitude now. 

Most of those are subs, and are on their way down (Vaccines, Wombats) or flatlining (Circa Waves). Catfish have notoriously played bundles of gigs, basically anything they can get. 

Wolf Alice would be the sort of act they'll be aiming for, definitely, but I just think Ellie and co would be a bit more careful/strategic with picking where they play. 

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Most of those are subs, and are on their way down (Vaccines, Wombats) or flatlining (Circa Waves). Catfish have notoriously played bundles of gigs, basically anything they can get. 

Wolf Alice would be the sort of act they'll be aiming for, definitely, but I just think Ellie and co would be a bit more careful/strategic with picking where they play. 

both vaccines and wombats are playing same sized gigs this year as wolf alice did. their gigs come before the albums have been released. wolf alice played it after the release.

i absolutely adore wolf alice, seen them 5 times. but i honestly think you're overrating them above where they are. 

you could be right, they might be aiming for a latitude sized headline and i don't doubt that they deserve it. but i think you're underrating truck as a festival. wolf alice are the perfect size for it.

On 01/02/2018 at 10:19 PM, BeddingatReading said:

Not sure if they’ve been mentioned yet but I’ve heard that Kaiser Chiefs have been booked to headline. 

They’re already headlining Penn Festival, can’t see them doing Truck too

3 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

You don’t think they could be in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire the same weekend? 

Yeah they could be, but seems odd to have them headlining festivals that are that close together? I could be wrong of course...

12 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

How likely would you say the following bands are for this year's line up?

-The Wombats 

-Kodaline

-Bastille

-First Aid Kit

-Fickle Friends

-The Hunna

-Chvrches

-Wilkinson/Sigma/Example+DJ wire/Andy c

-Sundara Karma

-Clean Bandit

-Jake Bugg

-Alt J

-Kaiser Chiefs

Cheers :)

Wombats, Kodaline, Bastille Hunna, Chvrches, Alt-J all a definite no IMO. 

3 minutes ago, retrokev said:

think with other fest news ,that catfish will be headlining along with kaisers and maybe manics

Manics and Catfish both headlined 2 years ago, neither will be back - Catfish probably most likely of the two because people will probably still buy tickets just for them but very very unlikely. I'm pretty sure Kaisers were offered a headline slot.

44 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Manics and Catfish both headlined 2 years ago, neither will be back - Catfish probably most likely of the two because people will probably still buy tickets just for them but very very unlikely. I'm pretty sure Kaisers were offered a headline slot.

thank god for that.heard kaisers were most likely one.who you think others may be.will take alot to top last years.first year there and but for rain really enjoyed.maybe someone like charlatans james courteeners royal blood the streets phonics

Edited by retrokev

T-Minus 2 hours til my favourite all-time festival gets its announcement. 

Although not a huge Noel Gallagher fan I saw him headline Y Not a couple of years ago and it was a great show.

Would absolutely love it if they managed to get The Streets, don't know if I can see it happening or not.

Always thought that it'd make sense for Foals to return one day, given they played there a few times before on their way up to stardom and given that they're from Oxford and all... I'm guessing they're too big though.

I reckon Peace are a shoe-in given they've played before, suit the demographic well and are already announced for Y Not. 

Personally praying we avoid Kaisers/Reverend + The Makers/SherLOLcks etc.