Jump to content

Recommended Posts

who are people thinking? last year was definitely a scale increase.

 

As a side note on the festival alone would people recommend 2000 trees or truck? I haven't been to either but going to one next year with the best lineup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jack w said:

who are people thinking? last year was definitely a scale increase.

Was my third year last year and I can say with certainty it has gone from a local festival to an arena festival. Was impressed.

Maybe it was the mud, but the whole festival felt utterly different to past years, however they still retained what made it good. the local congregation are the main suppliers of food, the various stalls of vintage gear was run excellently.

They definitely did struggle a little with the increase, especially on the arrival day. queued for up to 2 n half hours. I have no doubt they will be better prepared this year however. 

It had a very good, strong line-up that catered towards their clientele and you'd hope they would come back this year even stronger. Saying that I really have absolutely no idea who is going to headline. Someone like Blossoms could definitely play. i think the booking team enjoy promoting bands who haven't headlined many festivals before but are on the up (e.g. CATB in 2016)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2017 at 8:50 PM, Jack w said:

who are people thinking? last year was definitely a scale increase.

 

As a side note on the festival alone would people recommend 2000 trees or truck? I haven't been to either but going to one next year with the best lineup. 

A few names that spring to mind headliner wise are; The Coral, Stereophonics, Bastille. As for lower down the bill; Reverend &The Makers, Peace, The Sherlocks, Glass Animals, Magic Gang. 

I'd recommend Truck and plan to go again... but not this year sadly as it falls the same weekend as Benicassim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SCG95 said:

A few names that spring to mind headliner wise are; The Coral, Stereophonics, Bastille. As for lower down the bill; Reverend &The Makers, Peace, The Sherlocks, Glass Animals, Magic Gang. 

I'd recommend Truck and plan to go again... but not this year sadly as it falls the same weekend as Benicassim.

yeah I'm really trying to choose between truck and trees right now.

tbh i think I'll probably go to 2000 Trees because it all round looks quality but i'll just see when the lineups are out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack w said:

yeah I'm really trying to choose between truck and trees right now.

tbh i think I'll probably go to 2000 Trees because it all round looks quality but i'll just see when the lineups are out.

I’ve never been to truck but after 2000 trees last year I cannot recomend it enough. I honestly couldn’t find an issue with it anywhere it’s great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LiamEP said:

I’ve never been to truck but after 2000 trees last year I cannot recomend it enough. I honestly couldn’t find an issue with it anywhere it’s great.

Only downside if you had to pick one would be the toilets. It's a bit weird everyone just peeing on hay.....and tbf it soon becomes clear that it's soaked through to the ground and not everyone hit the hay. It's nice and small though and decent to get a great headliner spot on main stage at anytime really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only a week or so until lineup announcement ...

i’m thinking:

blossoms, Editors, Wolf Alice, Glass Animals, Black Honey, Reverend & The Makers, Frank Turner, Frank Carter, Django Django, 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Thursday opening is verrry necessary and good to hear. Was a nice enough fest but I'd be surprised if the line up was strong enough to get me back to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could defo see Wolf Alice stepping up to the plate and headlining the thursday night. Noel Gallagher on the saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

could defo see Wolf Alice stepping up to the plate and headlining the thursday night. Noel Gallagher on the saturday. 

I think that would be a step in the wrong direction for Wolf Alice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

...why?

I think they should be aiming for bigger festivals. Also Truck, as good as it is, tends to be somewhere bands headline on their way down rather than on their way up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours are it’s a very strong line up. I’m hoping to see This Feeling host a stage.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, McCor said:

I’m hoping to see This Feeling host a stage.

That would be a game changer for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think they should be aiming for bigger festivals. Also Truck, as good as it is, tends to be somewhere bands headline on their way down rather than on their way up 

the vaccines, catfish, circa waves (sub), the wombats (sub), blossoms (sub)

i'm not sure i agree with your comment. those five bands played in the last two years, on their way up in my opinion. catfish wouldn't be out of place headlining latitude now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, McCor said:

Rumours are it’s a very strong line up. I’m hoping to see This Feeling host a stage.

what kind of rumours you heard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedBalloon said:

the vaccines, catfish, circa waves (sub), the wombats (sub), blossoms (sub)

i'm not sure i agree with your comment. those five bands played in the last two years, on their way up in my opinion. catfish wouldn't be out of place headlining latitude now. 

We’ve got 4 headliners to consider (inc Thursday night)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jack w said:

That would be a game changer for me...

Indeed!! Give a it few years they’ll have their own festival!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McCor said:

We’ve got 4 headliners to consider (inc Thursday night)

not sure you got the conversation we were having.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

what kind of rumours you heard?

Just that - it’s a strong lineup.

I’m going for

Blossoms, Shed 7, Circa Waves, Editors, Bluetones, Tom Grennan, Kate Tempest, Plan B, Frank Turner, The Magic Gang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McCor said:

Just that - it’s a strong lineup.

I’m going for

Blossoms, Shed 7, Circa Waves, Editors, Bluetones, Tom Grennan, Kate Tempest, Plan B, Frank Turner, The Magic Gang

nice.

i think i'm gonna go with your idea.

thursday -blossoms 

friday - the streets 

saturday - noel gallagher 

sunday - wolf alice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedBalloon said:

nice.

i think i'm gonna go with your idea.

thursday -blossoms 

friday - the streets 

saturday - noel gallagher 

sunday - wolf alice 

I’d be very impressed if they got Noel. Mind you, Global love him (if Radio X is anything to go by) The Streets is a great shout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McCor said:

The Streets is a great shout. 

be a p impressive catch for em i reckon. if not this then i wouldn't be surprised to see em headlining thursday night at some bigger festivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.