2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Sleep have semi-surprise released their first album in 20 years today called The Sciences and it’s pretty damn good. Looking forward to smoking a big ol’ doober to it, as intended. 

Yeah this has every right to be amazing. Pretty excited to get my ears around it.

On 18/04/2018 at 4:28 PM, Odessa said:

Someone on reddit found this review of the new Arctics album. 

I think it sounds interesting. Seems like there is going to be a single, Four Out Of Five, but it doesn't say if it'll come out before the album or not.

It's after the album (same reliable source I mentioned before - Blake who runs AM US). Apparently Four Out Of Five is the only riff-heavy track (the clip in the teaser is from it). Plenty of lyrics and quotes from @ArcticMonkeysUS on Twitter (I won't put them here in case they're seen as spoliers)

7 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

It's after the album (same reliable source I mentioned before - Blake who runs AM US). Apparently Four Out Of Five is the only riff-heavy track (the clip in the teaser is from it). Plenty of lyrics and quotes from @ArcticMonkeysUS on Twitter (I won't put them here in case they're seen as spoliers)

Really looking forward to hearing this. I wonder if it’s gonna be as polarising as Humbug or if they’ve gotten so big now that people will eat anything they release up. I anticipate a lot of initial bemoaning if it’s as piano based and riff-less as has been suggested.

So, a request for new music here. Feel like I've got stuck in a habit lately of just sticking to what I know so could do with a couple of recommendations. 

Something maybe synthy/electro. Loving the new Chvrches stuff and the punchiness of it so something along those lines would be cool.

Typically at the moment listen to Chvrches, Haim, Sigrid, Paramore, Lorde I think I have a thing for a female vocal but that's not a pre-requisite.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

So, a request for new music here. Feel like I've got stuck in a habit lately of just sticking to what I know so could do with a couple of recommendations. 

Something maybe synthy/electro. Loving the new Chvrches stuff and the punchiness of it so something along those lines would be cool.

Typically at the moment listen to Chvrches, Haim, Sigrid, Paramore, Lorde I think I have a thing for a female vocal but that's not a pre-requisite.

Give the new Confidence Man album a listen. Really good stuff. I'd also recommend Superorganism's record and Janelle Monáe's new tracks if you haven't heard them already.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Based on the above, you should give The Aces, Hinds and Camp Cope’s new albums all try.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Was gonna say The Aces. Also Let's Eat Grandma are on more of a synthpop bent nowadays, there's a link to their song up the page. Naaz, The Japanese House, Fickle Friends and Pale Waves (tho I'm sure you've heard of them) are probably up your alley as well.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Was gonna say The Aces. Also Let's Eat Grandma are on more of a synthpop bent nowadays, there's a link to their song up the page. Naaz, The Japanese House, Fickle Friends and Pale Waves (tho I'm sure you've heard of them) are probably up your alley as well.

Yeah Pale Waves are on my radar, quite like their stuff. I'll add your other recommendations to The List!

Just stumbled across the new Shaggy & Sting album (yes you did read that right!)

I really should detest everything about this .. but .. it’s actually very listenable and I’m really enjoying it! Probably just because of the nice weather and that makes everything better, but still!