2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

That Kali Uchis album is great.

As is Daniel Avery's new'un.

As is Hinds'.

Agreed on two of those, will have to check Daniel Avery's out.

The last few weeks have been too good. I think, Confidence Man aside, the rest of the month is fairly quiet up until Janelle Monae releases the kraken so hopefully there'll be time to properly enjoy some of these top releases.

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Where's the Unknown Mortal Orchestra hype tho? Absolutely stunning album.

I hope it's a grower, cos it ain't a shower.

Edited by dentalplan

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

I assume Blondie's lawyer has contacted The Vaccines about their 'new' single.

Whether deliberately or not, One Way or Another they've totally ripped this guitar riff!

Put It On A T-Shirt is built from the bones of My Sharona too. And I don't know much about The Cars but one of their songs will have been ripped off too.

But it works. :smoke:

New Monae on a Grimes beat.

Not feeling it massively (that might be due to the mindblowing tracks that set the ball rolling on the album) but it sits between those two on the tracklist so might be a chance to catch yr breath. Apparently features an Aerosmith sample according to Wikipedia, can't pick it out though.

edit - MILDLY NSFW. I hope nobody got sacked in the last 15 minutes.

Edited by dentalplan

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

New Monae on a Grimes beat.

Not feeling it massively (that might be due to the mindblowing tracks that set the ball rolling on the album) but it sits between those two on the tracklist so might be a chance to catch yr breath. Apparently features an Aerosmith sample according to Wikipedia, can't pick it out though.

edit - MILDLY NSFW. I hope nobody got sacked in the last 15 minutes.

I was reading on twitter apparently Grimes just did backing vocals on the track and didnt produce it, tho thats twitter so who knows how legit that is

59 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I was reading on twitter apparently Grimes just did backing vocals on the track and didnt produce it, tho thats twitter so who knows how legit that is

I see, my bad. Kinda just heard a Grimes-esque beat and not a Grimes-esque voice and put two and two together. :P

Gruff Rhys has turned into Lee Hazelwood for his new single (although it's none the worst for that)

Also plenty of love from me for the new Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, although maybe not as good as the French Press e.p

38 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Also plenty of love from me for the new Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, although maybe not as good as the French Press e.p

Yeah it hasn’t quite clicked with me yet. Their first single off the upcoming debut album (out June 15th) is a ripper though so I don’t think they’ll have lost a step.

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

When did Chvrches turn into Imagine Dragons?

I like the other 3 tracks but this is really uninspired. I hate that Imagine Dragons woah-oh thing that many bands seem to lazily build a chorus around these days.

They apparently did this track with a different producer to the rest, so hopefully just a one-off.

On 4/3/2018 at 9:58 PM, priest17 said:

They're not new but on Sunday the label Ty Segall is on came to an agreement with Spotify so all of his and Wand's albums are there now, all of them worth checking out if any of you haven't before.

Yes! I've only just discovered this wonderful news. The much quieter but equally superb Bill Callahan's now on there too.

Still no Will Oldham though.