2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

On 27/03/2018 at 11:44 AM, fantomas said:

The latest Kacey Musgraves song has a hint of early Taylor to it, more pop and less country (though the country-ness is still evident).

I like this direction for her.  Acoustic stage last time she was at Glastonbury, but could well be on one of the main stages when she comes back.

Her new album Golden Hour came out today and it's really really great. Highly recommend to everybody who thought Reputation was shite.

That new Weeknd record bangs hard! Sounds like the old deep cuts. Reminiscent of Trilogy, hopefully more to come. Most emotionally connected stuff he's put out in years. Clear shout outs to Selena and Bella. Wasted Time and Privilege are my highlights.

Voidz album is an odd one - very hit and miss I suppose because of how experimental it is, you've got some total trash on there like that dumb ass nu-metal riff on 'Pyramid of Bones' but also some fantastic tracks like 'Lazy Boy'. Think it's the kind of album I'll probably pick a few favourites off rather than going back to it much as an album.

Virtue hasn’t really hit my expectations (yet). I love Tyranny so I’ve been excited for this album for a while but it doesn’t seem to execute as many of its ideas, and it’s a bit of a hodgepodge compared. I remember Tyranny taking its time to properly click though so I’ll keep going with it.

Vaccines have upped their game by the way. The album I hoped English Graffiti would be. You given it a spin @Mardy?

I don't know if they've been mentioned in this thread but WhenYoung are producing absolute bangers and their latest single Pretty Pure has just come out on vinyl through Yala! Records which is ran by Felix from The Maccabees and its one of my favourite songs of the year! They've got some big tour supports coming up as well, supporting Vaccines at Ally Pally and they're Peace's main support for their tour in May. 

12 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Vaccines album isn't anything special to be honest. It's energetic and danceable but I don't think it really has the level of hooks to earn the hype it's getting here.

I think the hype is purely it being a decent enough album coz usually everyone hates them on here.