2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

On 21/03/2018 at 5:51 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

One of my faves from his new album.

I haven't listened to the album yet but a lot of the songs I've heard so far have some really cool and potentially interesting bits and pieces going on in them but... just fall completely flat in the end. So i'm not feeling optimistic. 

Also I can't dig the vocals on this 

1 hour ago, JacquelineS said:

Just listening to the album now.  I will be seeing him in May at Shakey Knees festival. I think this album has the potential to burn up the stage. 

Just give it my first listen - really enjoyed it, and I think it’s safe to say that it flows much better as an album than the singles that were released. 

4 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

Just listening to the album now.  I will be seeing him in May at Shakey Knees festival. I think this album has the potential to burn up the stage. 

This is something that I have been thinking too. I wondered if it'll translate better live.

2 hours ago, st dan said:

Just give it my first listen - really enjoyed it, and I think it’s safe to say that it flows much better as an album than the singles that were released. 

Yey, glad you agree. It certainly is something different. I think it's still my least fave of his solo efforts though.

The Jack White album isn’t as bad as I’d feared, as mentioned above it flows really well, but I’m still not a big fan of it. It’s good that he’s tried something different though. 

I’m enjoying Preoccupations new album, listened to it 5 or 6 times now since it leaked and while I’m not sure it’s as good as their previous two albums, it’s certainly not far off it. 

Also this is a banger

34 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The Jack White album isn’t as bad as I’d feared, as mentioned above it flows really well, but I’m still not a big fan of it. It’s good that he’s tried something different though.

I was super worried about it but I'm glad to say it's a 7/10 for me. I keep saying it's his mid life crisis album :lol:

Really looking forward to seeing how the live shows work out.