2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Cheers all, this has given me plenty to work through!  Ought, MGMT and Hookworms are getting a fair bit of play. CSH is OK but not pulling me back in for repeated listens.

I get the quality of Hailu Mergia, but it's just not doing much for me at the moment.  Might try listening to it under different conditions not really one to listen to at work .

The rest are in the queue!

The new Preoccupations album is out on Friday and is probably worth a listen based on the other stuff you're enjoying.

First listen to ‘I’ll be Your Girl’ by The Decemberists. Some beautiful songs and a relief after hearing a couple of negative Twitter comments ref the more electronic sound this time around. I’ve just put it straight back on.....think I’m gonna like this one and can’t wait to see them in November. 

Edited by SighMo
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You can't have heard the new Young Fathers album, then.

new Young Fathers is proper good, yeah. much less of a 'bangers' kind of thing but all very very good. wish I could go see them in Bristol next week but train prices aren't looking nice so I'm shut out. awful.

Edited by Mash011

Not new music, but this video is new and relates to music and it's made my fucking year.

DMC is my favourite person alive. Also first time I've seen anybody be completely unfazed by Nardwuar and just continue being themselves, which is because DMC can only be 100% DMC 100% of the time.

New Unknown Mortal Orchestra is ‘ite, although doesn’t really have all the ear worm choruses that Multi Love did, and the guys voice really grates on me this time around for some reason - seems really low in the mix and processed (moreso than usual). Not the car crash the two pre-release tracks suggested it might be and maybe it’ll get better with repeated listens but aye, not grabbing me too much. 

56 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

My vault package version of Jack White's new album has arrived a few days early. 

I know you lot are all crapping over it but I'm still excited!

I saw it had leaked yesterday but decided to just wait till it was on Spotify on Friday, interested to hear people's thoughts on it. The Quietus weren't very impressed but they do just decide to shit on albums sometimes (makes a decent read most the time, even if I disagree with it). I've actually enjoyed all the songs so far but I'm not expecting it to make it in to many AOTY lists.

45 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I saw it had leaked yesterday but decided to just wait till it was on Spotify on Friday, interested to hear people's thoughts on it. The Quietus weren't very impressed but they do just decide to shit on albums sometimes (makes a decent read most the time, even if I disagree with it). I've actually enjoyed all the songs so far but I'm not expecting it to make it in to many AOTY lists.

All my fellow White Stripes nerds on the Little Room Forum are saying the tracks flow better as an album. 

I'll be listening tonight, might drop some opinions on here after a third listen.

• Like 1