2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've had a go at listening to Migos and Rae Morris' new albums this week, neither of them were much good. If anybody's wondering whether to devote the time then I'd advise no.

I know you don't wanna look like an old square in front of the world but it's okay to let a Migos album pass by unlistened.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

New Courtney Barnett. Not grabbing me all that much but it’s nice enough. New album out in May.

Conversely, i think its an absolute belter of a single. Bodes really well for the album and summer UK dates

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell that new Muse song is shite. Wonder if they're still planning on doing the next album stripped down/back to basics and these standalone singles are them getting the stupid shit out of the way or if they've just decided to backtrack on that and this is what they're sounding like now.

Edited by FloorFiller

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fucking hell that new Muse song is shite. Wonder if they're still planning on doing the next album stripped down/back to basics and these standalone singles are them getting the stupid shit out of the way or if they've just decided to backtrack on that and this is what they're sounding like now.

Did they say that about this album? Isn't that what Drones was supposed to be?

:lol: That Muse hook is like Imagine Dragons singing Rebellion (Lies)

@the wonderwhy  I admit using Kate Nash as a punchline to compare Courtney Barnett to is a bit rough as she's got tunes for days, but if you like Kate Nash and you like the song then you've no need to be offended. :P

(yeah I just posted this in the other thread by accident)

9 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Did they say that about this album? Isn't that what Drones was supposed to be?

http://www.nme.com/news/music/muse-next-album-acoustic-1822662

Mentions it here about the next one, although this is Muse so I fully expect this idea to be thrown out of the window the moment they enter the studio. Seems like they just can’t help themselves but sound overblown and ridiculous these days.

3 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

New Car Seat Headrest shoots straight to the top of my aoty list.

Don't refer to your album of the year list before at least November, turd.

I'm not sure on how I feel about it as a '2018 release', but the most important thing is that it's still fucking great. Some songs haven't been touched, which is a good thing, and some have been improved, which is also a good thing. And now you can pop it on in front of people and it doesn't sound like some nerd crying into a Dictaphone.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Don't refer to your album of the year list before at least November, turd.

I'm not sure on how I feel about it as a '2018 release', but the most important thing is that it's still fucking great. Some songs haven't been touched, which is a good thing, and some have been improved, which is also a good thing. And now you can pop it on in front of people and it doesn't sound like some nerd crying into a Dictaphone.

Haha I'm keeping an updated list as I go along. Reckon I've listened to more new albums already this year than I had done by December in the last few years.

Ah I'd never heard any of the songs before now so can't comment on whether it's an improvement or not.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Haha I'm keeping an updated list as I go along. Reckon I've listened to more new albums already this year than I had done by December in the last few years.

Ah I'd never heard any of the songs before now so can't comment on whether it's an improvement or not.

Me too. I keep a running tab on my phone. 

Sad. But I love it. 

CSH album is great, I need more listens but deffo one of my favourites. 

22 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Courtney Barnett has about 3 songs that are just outside of the category of banger, other than that she's a complete also-ran.

I thought there were a few good songs on her debut but was overall a bit disappointed after the early EPs. I really like the new single though, seems closer in vibe to History Eraser/Avant Gardener.