2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't believe this. They play songs off it in like every show they've ever done. What the hell were you doing instead?

Did they play any during that 30 min Park slot? If no I've never heard owt off it before. Only ever listened Teens Of Denial. I'm almost finished with Twin Fantasy now tho and I must say this is marvellous stuff my man.

53 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Did they play any during that 30 min Park slot? If no I've never heard owt off it before. Only ever listened Teens Of Denial. I'm almost finished with Twin Fantasy now tho and I must say this is marvellous stuff my man.

Oh, I don't believe they did. But at shows they usually do Sober to Death and Famous Prophets, and that's like 15 mins of quality setlist real estate. Suppose they only played thirty odd mins that morning on the Park so it would have, quite clearly, confused the gathered masses.

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Parquet Courts looks to be on the way. Last few few albums have all been some of my favourites of recent years so very excited for this

http://www.nme.com/news/music/parquet-courts-new-album-produced-danger-mouse-2241910

Danger Mouse? Fucking hell. Imagine Parquet Courts riding onto the singles charts.

Edited by dentalplan

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Beach House. Can’t say I went back to their last two albums much after the initial few listens, but this is sounding nice and, well... like Beach House.

You wanna go back to Thank Your Lucky Stars, its a beauty. 

This is nice enough. 

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

New Parquet Courts looks to be on the way. Last few few albums have all been some of my favourites of recent years so very excited for this

http://www.nme.com/news/music/parquet-courts-new-album-produced-danger-mouse-2241910

What did you think of Milano? I know it's not a full on PC album but it still hasn't properly clicked yet for me. Its good like, but I think I've ended up listening to A.Savage's more.

On 05/02/2018 at 5:14 AM, Mash011 said:

Titus Andronicus dropping a stone cold banger here to make me feel like my weird sleep patterns are justified. Much more upbeat for those who were worried the whole thing would be ballads, kind of bouncy Springsteeny pop track with some gospely backing vocals and shoop shoop shalalas, lots of nice instrumentation and great lyrics. God I love them.

Can't say I'm a fan of the new stuff so far, but we'll see when the album drops. Though it feels more like a Patrick solo act these days, with the constant line up changes. 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

New Beach House. Can’t say I went back to their last two albums much after the initial few listens, but this is sounding nice and, well... like Beach House.

You know how loads of people complain when a band changes their style and doesn't basically recreate their previous albums? Yeah, Beach House is why.

OK, so, I've now listened to the new Ezra Furman album a few times and +1 to the 'this is a great album' column

also, if you like it loud, Machine Head Catharsis is probably their best ever - fantastic roaring bounce of an album

it looks like it hasn't gone down too well in the US with its anti Trump and NRA sentiments...makes it even better !

7 minutes ago, not worthy said:

also, if you like it loud, Machine Head Catharsis is probably their best ever - fantastic roaring bounce of an album

it looks like it hasn't gone down too well in the US with its anti Trump and NRA sentiments...makes it even better !

Think you might be the first person I’ve seen to speak of the album highly. It has its moments but overall I thought it was pretty medicore and some of it is just hilariously embarrassing.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think you might be the first person I’ve seen to speak of the album highly. It has its moments but overall I thought it was pretty medicore and some of it is just hilariously embarrassing.

yep, I'd probably drop 4 tracks - he just got too angry with stuff in the US to leave anything out

they've even had to increase security on tour in the US after the backlash to his views

Ezra album suffers (maybe that's the wrong word) the first-song-significantly-better-than-the-rest-of-the-album syndrome. I love the whole album but I end up repeating the first song too many times and sometimes don't get to the end as a consequence. That's probably a me thing though.

Not feeling that Courtney Bazza tune (autocorrected to Courtney Gazza lmao).

Agreed on the the rest of Ezra Furman's album not being as good as Suck the Blood From My Wound but it's still great, that tune is just ridiculous. Hopefully the gap lessens when I become more familiar with the rest, seeing as I've been listening to Suck the Blood... non-stop all year.