2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

New Mount Eerie album Now Only out March 16th. Pretty stoked for this after how crushingly brilliant A Crow Looked at Me was.

Also new tUnE-yArDs album is out there so excited to give that a listen. Pretty tempted to get a ticket to see her in Manchester so hoping this'll be good enough to sway me.

Loving The Academic's and Shame's albums, both pretty class and hoping to get tickets to see them both when they tour next.

However, just listened to Fall Out Boy's new album, I am normally a big fan, having really liked their last two albums even with their new sound. This one was pretty terrible though, their sound seems all over the place and not appealing to me anyhow. Saying that, there are probably two or three songs that seemed decent, but the rest...

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Listened to the new Go! Team and Tune-Yards' albums on the way into work and definitly have that Friday Feeling now, the Tune-Yards one in particular is phenomenal. Both gonna sound even better in the summer.

Listened to it this morning and I've never really got Tune Yards but this record might be the one that leads to them making sense to me. Really surprised how much I enjoyed it.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That's only two words. Was expecting more. Feeling a bit cheated.

Apologies. I should have said, up to 3 words. Or just offered a 3 word review. 

Let me try again.....

First Aid Kit - Potential grower fam. 

Edited by nikkic
  • Upvote 1

This FAK album is sounding really great on first listen. Live shows are always the main event with them tho.

Got Shopping's debut lined up for later today, they were a discovery from LC!'s Us Vs Them line-up I've kept my eye on since. V good live band, and EP from last year was promising. Edwyn Collins produced the album, hope it's good.