stanh

YNOT Festival 2018

One dimensional, packed full of repeat bookings and at the top of the bill (with the exception of CATB) - this line up has been plucked from NME's favourites in 2005.

It will hit a older demographic with this announcement - which is quite possibly what they were aiming for. The UK exclusive for Jamiroquai will do well at shifting numbers too, I think.

28 minutes ago, chemica said:

One dimensional, packed full of repeat bookings and at the top of the bill (with the exception of CATB) - this line up has been plucked from NME's favourites in 2005.

It will hit a older demographic with this announcement - which is quite possibly what they were aiming for. The UK exclusive for Jamiroquai will do well at shifting numbers too, I think.

Will the exclusive really do much? How popular are they cause nobody I've spoken to has heard of them. Probably a mid life crisis band :rofl:

21 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Will the exclusive really do much? How popular are they cause nobody I've spoken to has heard of them. Probably a mid life crisis band :rofl:

I think you're probably showing your age or naivety here. 3 number one albums, every album gone top 10. 

Which statiscally makes them more popular than every other band on that bill. 

Do some research or just open your eyes before writing people off for no reason. 

Edited by chemica
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, chemica said:

I think you're probably showing your age or naivety here. 3 number one albums, every album gone top 10. 

Which statiscally makes them more popular than every other band on that bill. 

Do some research or just open your eyes before writing people off for no reason. 

No need to get so defensive dude :lol:

Would they really appeal to today's crowd? Not really - very few of today's festival goers would be excited by Jamiroquai these days.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

No need to get so defensive dude :lol:

Would they really appeal to today's crowd? Not really - very few of today's festival goers would be excited by Jamiroquai these days.

I just feel its a rather narrow argument, that somebody can't be that popular cos a certain person and their circle of friends have never heard of them.

I think JK will play nicely into the hands of the slightly older demographic they're shifting to - as you can tell with this line up.

44 minutes ago, chemica said:

I just feel its a rather narrow argument, that somebody can't be that popular cos a certain person and their circle of friends have never heard of them.

I think JK will play nicely into the hands of the slightly older demographic they're shifting to - as you can tell with this line up.

All I'm saying is, these days they're not a massive booking. They didn't go down well at all last year at Boardmasters so I heard, although maybe that's not the right crowd for them.

To be fair, the original poster and his "group of friends" are the usual demographic that goes to music festivals, rather than people in their 40s/50s - the standard Jamiroquai fans alone wouldn't sell out a festival like Y Not alone, but Catfish fans probably would.

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

They didn't go down well at all last year at Boardmasters so I heard, although maybe that's not the right crowd for them.

I saw flaming lips just after they'd played boardmasters, and Wayne was making comments about Boardmasters not being their crowd - so can imagine it was much the same with Jamiroquai.

24 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

To be fair, the original poster and his "group of friends" are the usual demographic that goes to music festivals, rather than people in their 40s/50s .

:lol:

25 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Lots of comment around The Sherlocks promoting themselves on the lineup poster and then later removing the tweet

https://twitter.com/burgers_99/status/960940854536998912

https://twitter.com/search?q=the sherlocks

Followed by them posting this, essentially admitting it... they're really digging themselves a hole now :lol:

Not that it's taken much but out of Truck, Kendal Calling and Y Not, Y Nots the best line up for me.. Severe lack of imagination by the bookers of these 3 festivals.

1 hour ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Still 1 more sub and the Quarry headliners to come - who do we fancy?

How do you know about the quarry headliners? I assume at least one, maybe two are in the first announcement right? 

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

How do you know about the quarry headliners? I assume at least one, maybe two are in the first announcement right? 

They put it on their Twitter early as a reply to someone.

I like the sherlocks but this is a REALLY bad look for them tbh. It's as funny as a fire in an orphanage and just screams of a cry for attention.

• Like 1

What do people think about Lucy Spraggan? First saw her on X Factor with that one Beer Fear song. She's got good talent for song writing imo. Glad she went back after and worked hard gigging and playing festivals.

13 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Still 1 more sub and the Quarry headliners to come - who do we fancy?

I'd love to see Frank Carter and the rattlesnakes get another crack of the whip after we missed out on the Sunday last year.

Has anyone else heard anything about Arctics putting YNOT festval on their website then taking it down today?

8 minutes ago, Jimbobz said:

Has anyone else heard anything about Arctics putting YNOT festval on their website then taking it down today?

:lol:

not today, but someone claimed that had happened a few days ago.

It's someone messing.

hiya!!! so i bought ynot tix a few weeks ago, pre-announcement and i'm not enamoured with the line up! Anyone got any predictions for the second wave announcement that could perk me up? also have we got any idea for when the date of it will be? hoping for slaves, frank turner, girli :D

I’ve just bought my tickets, looks fairly decent price for what they are but what annoys me is they sell the tickets through their own website, not having to use any agents and still charging £8 booking fee and £7 delivery PER TICKET, hidden excessive charges. 

1 hour ago, tomsuff said:

hiya!!! so i bought ynot tix a few weeks ago, pre-announcement and i'm not enamoured with the line up! Anyone got any predictions for the second wave announcement that could perk me up? also have we got any idea for when the date of it will be? hoping for slaves, frank turner, girli :D

Well we've still got 1 sub and the 3 Quarry headliners to be announced (Frank Turner, Twin Atlantic and Example and DJ Wire last year) so there will still be some relatively big acts announced soon. They should definitely offer an alternative to the headliners if you don't like them but there's lots of undercard acts that will probably appeal to you in any case. :)

25 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Well we've still got 1 sub and the 3 Quarry headliners to be announced (Frank Turner, Twin Atlantic and Example and DJ Wire last year) so there will still be some relatively big acts announced soon. They should definitely offer an alternative to the headliners if you don't like them but there's lots of undercard acts that will probably appeal to you in any case. :)

Cheers mate, yeah I'm holding out on the smaller bands! Is there any ideas/rumours about any of the bigger artists to be announced?

25 minutes ago, tomsuff said:

Cheers mate, yeah I'm holding out on the smaller bands! Is there any ideas/rumours about any of the bigger artists to be announced?

To be completely honest, apart from Catfish and The Libertines we couldn't predict much beforehand because it's a bit of an odd selection of acts. There are so many possible bands that I can't even begin to predict who could be there, sorry. :)