stanh

YNOT Festival 2018

28 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Yeah they definitely could sub R&L. My thinking was that they’re popular with the Y Not demographic and people seem to want them so it’s whether they’ll decide to bring them back or not. Admittedly I thought it was earlier than 2016 they were there so it is probably a bit too soon but if they can push that 3rd album out quickly it’s a possibility. Still think out of any possibility headlines The Libertines are most likely especially with them posting about festivals on their site.

Yeah I can see R&L getting them again, other than Arctic Monkeys it seems to be the band people are hounding them for the most on Twitter. I don't know if there's anything to go by from this space theme on the recent images but either way The Prodigy might be a potential contender, I think they'd definitely go down well and I'm not sure they're any bigger now than Noel, Stereophonics etc. who they've had recently. Depends if they go big on the guitar band, I'm guessing The Libertines still aren't cheap, even doing the smaller fests.

I'm not convinced I'll be going yet, but if they've moved to a new location that they're looking to increase each year upto 2020 and potentially be looking to make up for last year it could be quite a strong 3. Chemical Brothers could be another option for the dance headliner (if they have one), they're doing Boardmasters, or maybe even Alt-J.

Edited by alexlloyd

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I can see R&L getting them again, other than Arctic Monkeys it seems to be the band people are hounding them for the most on Twitter. I don't know if there's anything to go by from this space theme on the recent images but either way The Prodigy might be a potential contender, I think they'd definitely go down well and I'm not sure they're any bigger now than Noel, Stereophonics etc. who they've had recently. Depends if they go big on the guitar band, I'm guessing The Libertines still aren't cheap, even doing the smaller fests.

I'm not convinced I'll be going yet, but if they've moved to a new location that they're looking to increase each year upto 2020 and potentially be looking to make up for last year it could be quite a strong 3. Chemical Brother could be another option for the dance headliner, they're doing Boardmasters, or maybe even Alt-J.

I think the space theme is just a continuation from last year where it was space until the new themes announced. Shouldn’t be too long until we get some sort of announcement and then we can really see what we think will happen.

With the new location I hope that they’ll start to bring in bigger bands so they can try and grow it for 2020. 

Rob Rolfe from Enter Shikari has tweeted that 1 UK date this year will be announced soon. We know that the Y Not lineup should be just around the corner and I could definitely see them playing there more than a lot of other fests - thoughts?

13 minutes ago, SileneVulgaris said:

Do you know when is the announcement?

no, however YNOT have been advertising it to be 'soon', I'm expecting early February but potentially earlier due to last years fuck up

a new site ... cos it was the site the fucked-up, and nothing to do with incompetent staff and owners lining their pockets rather than spending on what needed buying.

Of course. :lol:

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

a new site ... cos it was the site the fucked-up, and nothing to do with incompetent staff and owners lining their pockets rather than spending on what needed buying.

Careful now :lol:

5 minutes ago, craigb said:

Its details the "new" site

Ah ok. Seems like they're building up to an announcement soon with the release of more info. I could just be clutching at straws though :lol:

12 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Ah ok. Seems like they're building up to an announcement soon with the release of more info. I could just be clutching at straws though :lol:

Global festivals start announcing their lineups over the next two weeks. In the past other festivals such as Truck have announced their line up before Y Not. Not sure if this trend will continue. 

3 minutes ago, craigb said:

Global festivals start announcing their lineups over the next two weeks. In the past other festivals such as Truck have announced their line up before Y Not. Not sure if this trend will continue. 

Tbh it doesn't really matter as long as they've got a decent line-up.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I hope 'joe public' does not fall for this hogwash.

I fear they might do......

3 hours ago, retromoz said:

I hope 'joe public' does not fall for this hogwash.

I fear they might do......

I think people know why it went wrong last time but they're willing to give it another go. If they get it right this time then the incidents of last year will be mostly forgotten by the GP.

2 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

I think people know why it went wrong last time but they're willing to give it another go. If they get it right this time then the incidents of last year will be mostly forgotten by the GP.

all it takes to get it right this time, tho, is better weather. It's tough conditions that put the organisation to the test.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

all it takes to get it right this time, tho, is better weather. It's tough conditions that put the organisation to the test.

Yeah to an extent but there was also massive issues with thefts which they should be looking to crack down on this time around.