stanh

YNOT Festival 2018

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, Required said:

The libertines, courteeners & pet shop boys 

Newbie - is this a wild guess, your favourite 3 bands or do you have insider info??????????

• Like 1

Personally, I could see that happening, however really don't feel Pet Shop Boys would go down well, or, that may just be my music taste - but maybe a larger band, not sure who, but slightly more mainstream, maybe like Bastille or even Craig David would go down a storm.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stanh said:

Personally, I could see that happening, however really don't feel Pet Shop Boys would go down well, or, that may just be my music taste - but maybe a larger band, not sure who, but slightly more mainstream, maybe like Bastille or even Craig David would go down a storm.

Craig David I can see going down really well but I think Bastille are probably a bit too big for Y Not now imho.

On 12/19/2017 at 4:27 PM, Dangerbreaks said:

Craig David I can see going down really well but I think Bastille are probably a bit too big for Y Not now imho.

Pretty sure Bastille are doing like 3 academy shows next year though? (Although they did do an arena tour)

• Upvote 1

Just now, stanh said:

Pretty sure Bastille are doing like 3 academy shows next year though? (Although they did do an arena tour)

They are playing concert halls, they are reworking songs with an orchestra and choir 

2 minutes ago, craigb said:

They are playing concert halls, they are reworking songs with an orchestra and choir 

ahhh okay, didn't realise that.. that makes more sense. 

I'm not really sure who to even consider predicting for headliners here because they've not really been consistent genre wise. So much variety so I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone of the right size show up.

On 12/22/2017 at 9:57 PM, Dangerbreaks said:

Gotta love Twitter: announce Arctic Monkeys / Kasabian / Foos posts. Some people :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't rule Kasabian out, as although they did headline R&L, they aren't as big as they were and YNOT does pull in decent sized (in popularity terms) bands...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 hours ago, stanh said:

Personally, I wouldn't rule Kasabian out, as although they did headline R&L, they aren't as big as they were and YNOT does pull in decent sized (in popularity terms) bands...

I think that they're too big for previous Y Nots. This time it depends on whether they go all out to make up for last years shitshow but I can't see it tbh.

• Downvote 1

I personally think the latest post either is a space theme for the festival this year, or hints Noel Gallagher headlining (Who Built The Moon)

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 20.38.37.png

• Upvote 1

Didn't they do the space theme thing last year? And have Noel two years ago? Neither of those would be particularly groundbreaking announcements for them.

16 hours ago, Jericode said:

Didn't they do the space theme thing last year? And have Noel two years ago? Neither of those would be particularly groundbreaking announcements for them.

Yeah, it was Space & Aliens last year... However, do you have any better suggestions for that 'hint' then?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, stanh said:

Yeah, it was Space & Aliens last year... However, do you have any better suggestions for that 'hint' then?

Can't wait to see Elton John in the Matlock rain!

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Like 1

Just now, alexlloyd said:

Can't wait to see Elton John in the Matlock rain!

Oh no, if it is him I'd be disappointed like sure he's very very talented and does have some brilliant songs. I don't feel he would be suited for YNOT, considering its mainly teenagers there. He's more like a Glastonbury Sunday afternoon slot imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, stanh said:

Oh no, if it is him I'd be disappointed like sure he's very very talented and does have some brilliant songs. I don't feel he would be suited for YNOT, considering its mainly teenagers there. He's more like a Glastonbury Sunday afternoon slot imo.

Yeah it was just a Rocket Man joke :D

Not sure who to expect considering last year, maybe they'll give The Vaccines another shot at headlining, or TDCC, that's if either agree to return... Regarding the picture, I wonder if The Prodigy (Out of Space) could be in with a shout, they're running out of 'mainstream' ones to be announced for and have a new album coming out early this year to tour.

I'm going to predict Courtneeers - The Prodigy - Two Door or Vaccines, I think Snow Patrol could be on the Y Not/Kendal/Truck etc. run as well, but I don't know what slot they'd be given.

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah it was just a Rocket Man joke :D

Not sure who to expect considering last year, maybe they'll give The Vaccines another shot at headlining, or TDCC, that's if either agree to return... Regarding the picture, I wonder if The Prodigy (Out of Space) could be in with a shout, they're running out of 'mainstream' ones to be announced for and have a new album coming out early this year to tour.

I'm going to predict Courtneeers - The Prodigy - Two Door or Vaccines, I think Snow Patrol could be on the Y Not/Kendal/Truck etc. run as well, but I don't know what slot they'd be given.

Alex, TDCC are Community exclusive apparently.

Actually wouldn't mind Elton John up on them fields in Matlock. Massive switch of direction for the festival haha!

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, chemica said:

Alex, TDCC are Community exclusive apparently.

Actually wouldn't mind Elton John up on them fields in Matlock. Massive switch of direction for the festival haha!

Ahh I hadn't checked to be honest, just would make sense to invite one back if available, maybe The Vaccines would be more likely with their new album coming out. Might not be right for them now anyway, they've said they want to make it the 'biggest yet' and a move to the new location would mean increased capacity, so booking arguably the weakest of the three 2017 headliners for 2018 wouldnt be the best of starts! 

Haha yeah I don't think many would appreciate him judging by the crowd when I've been, maybe a few there hoping he plays Ghetto Gospel and the rest trying to squeeze into the tent to see DJ Fresh :lol:

The Vaccines I could definitely see but I'm hoping they push the boat out a bit and get some bigger headliners that will surprise people.

People on twitter wanting Catfish (no surprise there) and for once I think there’s a chance of them going. They’re doing that new Newcastle fest so Y Not isn’t really a push. Thoughts?

11 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

People on twitter wanting Catfish (no surprise there) and for once I think there’s a chance of them going. They’re doing that new Newcastle fest so Y Not isn’t really a push. Thoughts?

I'd like to see them there, one of those bands that I don't really listen to in my spare time but are very good live (I think next time will be the tenth!). But they sub headlined in 2016 so may be a little early for a return, and haven't done R&L since 2015, so with a new album on the way I'd think a higher slot there may be more likely, they might even sub headline there nowadays.

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

I'd like to see them there, one of those bands that I don't really listen to in my spare time but are very good live (I think next time will be the tenth!). But they sub headlined in 2016 so may be a little early for a return, and haven't done R&L since 2015, so with a new album on the way I'd think a higher slot there may be more likely, they might even sub headline there nowadays.

Yeah they definitely could sub R&L. My thinking was that they’re popular with the Y Not demographic and people seem to want them so it’s whether they’ll decide to bring them back or not. Admittedly I thought it was earlier than 2016 they were there so it is probably a bit too soon but if they can push that 3rd album out quickly it’s a possibility. Still think out of any possibility headlines The Libertines are most likely especially with them posting about festivals on their site.