stanh

YNOT Festival 2018

With the 2018 festival season coming around the corner very quickly and Early Bird and Tier 1 tickets sold out, thought it would be the time to set up the 2018 page for the festival. Following last years MASSIVE cock-up who do you think we could see upon the line-up and what other features do you think it'll have this year? 

I'm obviously not clued up on what their budget is but having been there last year I'd hope they'd put some significant money towards not having it happen again, I don't know whether the line-up would suffer as a result.

I can see The Vaccines going back since they didn't get to headline this year, Vaccines would arguably be a stronger booking too with the new album out. Don't know whether they'll do it since they're playing Community Festival though. Would have said the same about Two Door but they're already at Community on an exclusive.

Would Neck Deep headline it? They've played it before and are doing festivals since they're playing Download.

You couldn't pay me to go back to this after last year's fuck up. Wonder how many "early bird" tickets actually went on sale

Having been to this festival from 2013-2016, I think it is a very good small festival and there will be definite lessons learned from last year. However I don't expect them to over compensate with the line up - they will just hope for 'business as usual' I'm sure. However, i do expect that the amount of tickets sold will take a hit - for obvious reasons. 

52 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Think they will have to give out a strong line up. 

I reckon they've got Enter Shikari. [Personal opinion not knowledge].

A strong line up in spite of Enter Shikari? :P

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

A strong line up in spite of Enter Shikari? :P

Ha im not a fan either, but seems like Ynot crowd would be? 

Just looks like they're not at Download, they said probably not Reading, but said they're doing fests, theres not a lot else suitable, I think they might have done a deal with Global, they could also headline Victorious second stage possibly, which is 28k capacity [for the second stage] same weekend as Reading which is why they said probs not Reading, but around same size as YNot. 

Just me thinking aloud. 

What other UK fests could they do? 

I haven't look at tour dates or whatever, but I do think we'll see The Wombats, J. Hus & possibly Bastille or The Script. Headlining however I'd like Royal Blood to, but they are pretty big - so I guess I can dream, but however they did pull some fairly large acts wheater they performed or not. 

13 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Ha im not a fan either, but seems like Ynot crowd would be? 

Just looks like they're not at Download, they said probably not Reading, but said they're doing fests, theres not a lot else suitable, I think they might have done a deal with Global, they could also headline Victorious second stage possibly, which is 28k capacity [for the second stage] same weekend as Reading which is why they said probs not Reading, but around same size as YNot. 

Just me thinking aloud. 

What other UK fests could they do? 

Ha I’m just mucking about, it’s a good shout but they would maybe be a tricky one considering the usual headliners.

Elbow in with a shout? Y Not and Victorious seem to have a few similar headliners and Elbow did Victorious last year.

Snow Patrol might not be a bad shout if they're doing UK Festivals. Don't know how big they'd be considered still, maybe as a Thursday headliner like Feeder did last year? I still think Vaccines will go back to do the headline slot they didn't get to do.

33 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Elbow in with a shout? Y Not and Victorious seem to have a few similar headliners and Elbow did Victorious last year.

Snow Patrol might not be a bad shout if they're doing UK Festivals. Don't know how big they'd be considered still, maybe as a Thursday headliner like Feeder did last year? I still think Vaccines will go back to do the headline slot they didn't get to do.

Similar because same parent company. Thats why I think Libertines are in with a shout.

Snow Patrol will headline a main day if they played I reckon, considering headlined TITP and sub-headlined the likes of V. 

Courteeners could be in with a shout as well. 

Edited by craigb

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Snow Patrol are too big for this. 

They'd probably get away with headlining Victorious. 

Victorious doesn't really have a bigger draw than Y Not or Kendal for acts. You only have to look at recent line ups to see that. 

Not sure where Snow Patrol fit in at the moment. Not big enough to headline a major festival but maybe a bit too big for the mid festivals. Maybe Global might drop on for a few of their festivals or a strong sub for TRNSMT or New V. 

18 minutes ago, craigb said:

Victorious doesn't really have a bigger draw than Y Not or Kendal for acts. You only have to look at recent line ups to see that. 

Not sure where Snow Patrol fit in at the moment. Not big enough to headline a major festival but maybe a bit too big for the mid festivals. Maybe Global might drop on for a few of their festivals or a strong sub for TRNSMT or New V. 

To be honest I think they might be too big for Victorious, but they do seem to be pushing on more than YNot et al- getting the Libs as their smaller Friday headliner is pretty decent when they'd be a main headliner at the rest of these fests. 

Snow Patrol could headline TRNSMT, especially as they've been away for a while. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

To be honest I think they might be too big for Victorious, but they do seem to be pushing on more than YNot et al- getting the Libs as their smaller Friday headliner is pretty decent when they'd be a main headliner at the rest of these fests. 

I think you're over selling The Libertines. They headlined Tramlines this year on the Friday. That's the half day of the festival a bit like how Victorious do it. 

Global seem to be pushing Y Not as their jewel going forward. Well until they buy Tramlines :lol:

Edited by craigb

15 hours ago, stanh said:

Do you think Liam Gallagher is too big for YNOT, or one of the bigger dj's like David Guetta etc etc? 

I don't think Liam is too big (as the talented Gallagher as already played YN :lol:) but Live Nation and SJM seem to have him locked down. 

David Guetta yeah probs too big. Not sure how a dj set would go down on the main stage at YN. 

Edited by craigb

38 minutes ago, craigb said:

I think your over selling The Libertines. They headlined Tramlines this year on the Friday. That's the half day of the festival a bit like how Victorious do it. 

Global seem to be pushing Y Not as their jewel going forward. Well until they buy Tramlines :lol:

The libertines did Truck this year another Global festival! I think they would of done y not and Kendal this year but the failed festival on the wall chucked a spanner in the works by offering silly money apparently!

libertines nailed on for both and I wouldn’t rule out snow patrol either it’s a good 10 years since snow patrol were big but they got the hits for a perfect festival set ! 

Is standon Calling not also under global ? That’s 3 festivals all same weekend and from my understanding of why these festivals have partnered with global is they can get good prices on acts so many shows in so many weeks or weekends.

wouldnt rule out vaccines either 

51 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

The libertines did Truck this year another Global festival! I think they would of done y not and Kendal this year but the failed festival on the wall chucked a spanner in the works by offering silly money apparently!

libertines nailed on for both and I wouldn’t rule out snow patrol either it’s a good 10 years since snow patrol were big but they got the hits for a perfect festival set ! 

Is standon Calling not also under global ? That’s 3 festivals all same weekend and from my understanding of why these festivals have partnered with global is they can get good prices on acts so many shows in so many weeks or weekends.

wouldnt rule out vaccines either 

Id put money on Libertines being at another Global festival. Victorious will have announced first because of the amount of tickets they have to shift. 

Standon Calling is a global/broadwick event but I think it's a bit different to the likes of Y Not, Truck, FN6 etc. I think Standon is still majority owned by some lords/landowners. Whereas the other festivals got bought out by Global or already belonged to Broadwick. So they may see some benefit of being with Broadwick not sure they get the same raw deal

8 hours ago, craigb said:

I think Standon is still majority owned by some lords/landowners. Whereas the other festivals got bought out by Global or already belonged to Broadwick.

not sure about Standon Calling, but i know that Kendal Calling is only part-owned by Broadwick - so I guess the ownership split of their festies is a variety of different things.

21 hours ago, craigb said:

I don't think Liam is too big (as the talented Gallagher as already played YN :lol:) but Live Nation and SJM seem to have him locked down. 

David Guetta yeah probs too big. Not sure how a dj set would go down on the main stage at YN. 

I do feel YNOT is in need of a larger DJ act at this years event, as Example and Dj Wire went down this year, and quite a large percentage (I'd imagine) of the attendees are after more or less after more DJ and rap/grime artists as well , but also including a generous dose of other bands such as catfish, bastille ...

Y Not organisers, Broadwick have applied for a licence at a new site.

Aston Hill Farm. Also increasing capacity. 

2018: 30,000 + staff, artist and guests
2019: 35,000 + s, a + g
2020: 39,999 + s, a + g

Edited by craigb