Festival Food

Blueblazes9

Hi All

I visited Reading festival this year (Eminem was cracking!) and me and few other festival companions all agreed that the food we had over the 3 days was pretty awful. Stale bread, cold food etc. However, we may have just been unlucky with the eateries we choose. Did anyone else find the same this year? I am not expecting Michelin star food by any means just think the standard should have been slightly higher.

Just wondered how do you normally choose the places you eat at? Just by the length of the queues? just wanna prep for next year! :-)

Many thanks

Tom

7 hours ago, Blueblazes9 said:

Hi All

I visited Reading festival this year (Eminem was cracking!) and me and few other festival companions all agreed that the food we had over the 3 days was pretty awful. Stale bread, cold food etc. However, we may have just been unlucky with the eateries we choose. Did anyone else find the same this year? I am not expecting Michelin star food by any means just think the standard should have been slightly higher.

Just wondered how do you normally choose the places you eat at? Just by the length of the queues? just wanna prep for next year! :-)

Many thanks

Tom

pot noodles for me with the water heated up with a portable kettle and ill buy the odd burger from one of the vans haha then just the snacks that i bring! not luxurious at all but fills a hole

On 10/12/2017 at 4:20 PM, Blueblazes9 said:

Hi All

Many thanks

Tom

I have always got up at about 10am and walked to a place in town to eat every morning. It gives you a chance to go to decent-ish toilets which is always a perk. The walk is normally about 40mins.

In terms of food in camp, I just bring loads of sandwiches and cereal bars. They are pretty disgusting and warm by the time I eat them but they fill a hole. 

In general though, my tip would be to not buy any food from the stalls. Most aren't very nice and they are expensive.