Sign in to follow this  
SomeoneListeningIn

Parklife 2018

Had a good time at Parklife this year. Not too sure if I'll be going next year, but if the lineup is as good as last years I'll definitely consider it.

Looking like Gorillaz are a solid shout right now.

Other options from the top of my head:

• The Prodigy
  • alt-J
  • Catfish & the Bottlemen
  • Liam Gallagher

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Had a good time at Parklife this year. Not too sure if I'll be going next year, but if the lineup is as good as last years I'll definitely consider it.

Looking like Gorillaz are a solid shout right now.

Other options from the top of my head:

• The Prodigy
  • alt-J
  • Catfish & the Bottlemen
  • Liam Gallagher

Thoughts?

Gorillaz are exclusive to Boomtown and Liam won't be doing it with his Old Trafford show. I think The Prodigy are probably too heavy. 

Friendly Fires are my shout. Might be a sub though. 

Can't ever see myself going but if it was The Streets and The Prodigy I'd be interested

Edited by Steve1000

6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Gorillaz are exclusive to Boomtown and Liam won't be doing it with his Old Trafford show. I think The Prodigy are probably too heavy. 

Friendly Fires are my shout. Might be a sub though. 

Neil said 'from the various versions of wordings I read it more-implied that aspects of the show were exclusive than that the band's performance was' in the Boomtown thread, so looks like they could play here too.

Also not sure if you've seen this image Parklife shared but it seems to hint at Gorillaz.

DQfOQGoW0AYKSfH.jpg.97c02337be9a8cd4016fb435cb89cedb.jpg.31c62a50fc4db12827fffbf64c5a1027.jpg

Forgot about Liam's Old Trafford show though, he's definitely ruled out.

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Neil said 'from the various versions of wordings I read it more-implied that aspects of the show were exclusive than that the band's performance was' in the Boomtown thread, so looks like they could play here too.

Also not sure if you've seen this image Parklife shared but it seems to hint at Gorillaz.

DQfOQGoW0AYKSfH.jpg.97c02337be9a8cd4016fb435cb89cedb.jpg.31c62a50fc4db12827fffbf64c5a1027.jpg

Forgot about Liam's Old Trafford show though, he's definitely ruled out.

Fair nuff. I saw that and assumed it was a continuation of the movie/cinema theme that had going on last year. Suppose they did quite heavily hint at Frank Ocean around this time, though. 

Yep that is pretty convincing seeing as they went so blatant with last year's clue. Irish show on Saturday too.

Would The xx on Saturday work with Gorillaz on Sunday, or would that be a bit too alternative a pairing?

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep that is pretty convincing seeing as they went so blatant with last year's clue. Irish show on Saturday too.

Would The xx on Saturday work with Gorillaz on Sunday, or would that be a bit too alternative a pairing?

Aye The xx are a decent shout. I reckon alt-J are pretty likely, as far as I'm aware they're not heavily rumoured/announced for any UK fests next year yet?

7 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye The xx are a decent shout. I reckon alt-J are pretty likely, as far as I'm aware they're not heavily rumoured/announced for any UK fests next year yet?

I'd be stunned if Alt-J played Parklife.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I'd be stunned if Alt-J played Parklife.

How come? Normally have an indie headliner along those lines, don't they? Seem the right size for it, too. They're clearly not gonna reach major festival headline level now.

So a gorilla from a film eh?

King Kong
King Kon
King Ko
King K
King Kunta
King Kendrick

Guys, it's fucking Kendrick Lamar! Hundred percent. Look at the evidence.

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm, it looks kinda like the MGM film logo, so maybe thats a hint for MGMT too?

I dunno though, last year the Nikes pointed to a Fank Ocean song, though I cant think of any big monkey/gorilla based song names so idk.

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

So a gorilla from a film eh?

King Kong
King Kon
King Ko
King K
King Kunta
King Kendrick

Guys, it's fucking Kendrick Lamar! Hundred percent. Look at the evidence.

king krule confirmed

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

He's playing down the road like two months later 

He’s playing 2 weeks before across the road in Warrington! Same promoter ! 

As you were !

Edited by LOCHLAND5

On 22 December 2017 at 12:45 PM, 19liam75 said:

Confirmed where?

It's not. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are playing Warrington Weekender alongside Courteeners and other "lad-bands" but not Liam.

Liam won't be doing Parklife of course, he's got a few huge shows near it. 

Following that, I think they're hinting for something. Gorillaz and MGMT are great shouts, I think Gorillaz may be too big still, aim higher. Although, it'd be worth the booking to finally reach Blur.

Edited by SoundsFromJack

On 12/29/2017 at 4:43 PM, SoundsFromJack said:

It's not. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are playing Warrington Weekender alongside Courteeners and other "lad-bands" but not Liam.

Liam won't be doing Parklife of course, he's got a few huge shows near it. 

Following that, I think they're hinting for something. Gorillaz and MGMT are great shouts, I think Gorillaz may be too big still, aim higher. Although, it'd be worth the booking to finally reach Blur.

MGMT would be a great booking; the only caveat being that I'm unsure how fondly they're still remembered for that demographic.

Doesn’t look like MGMT are about that early, and I would say it’d be a wasted booking. I think the fact that the artwork is based on the MGM logo is the wrong thing to focus on - there’s an ape in the middle of it.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Or (this is a stretch I know), could be referencing alt-J - 'This is all yours'.

Or it's not a hint at all and I'm looking into it too much.

Yeah it's a scene off Scarface, which ties into the movie theme. Wouldn't look into it at all.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's a scene off Scarface, which ties into the movie theme. Wouldn't look into it at all.

Ahh fair. Wonder if King Kong is just a continuation of that theme or a genuine hint towards Gorillaz. Would make sense if they were both some sort of hints considering they're so prominent at the top of the poster, yet throwing people off who think it's just part of the movie theme.