Talking Heads

ivan

I got my tickers this morning. But what bothers me is, all the secondary sites such as StubHub are full of tickets at huge prices before the common man (or woman) is allowed to purchase them. And on top of that they push Google analytics or whatever it is  to get top listing on your search so that you can easily mistake them for the original sales outlet. Tickets on these sites were going for over 700$. I bought very good tickets for 145$. The seat right next to mine is on sale on the secondary market for over 400$.

By the way David Byrne, man!

Edited by JacquelineS

5 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

I got my tickers this morning. But what bothers me is, all the secondary sites such as StubHub are full of tickets at huge prices before the common man (or woman) is allowed to purchase them. And on top of that they push Google analytics or whatever it is  to get top listing on your search so that you can easily mistake them for the original sales outlet. Tickets on these sites were going for over 700$. I bought very good tickets for 145$. The seat right next to mine is on sale on the secondary market for over 400$.

By the way David Byrne, man!

I tried o2 presale on wed useless didn' work properly complained to o2 who shoved me on to ticket master.  Through in fact that get me in had tons of tickets straight after presale . They said sorry about not getting through but try main sale didn'  mention my comments about their resale site .....anyway managed to get 2 on main . Resale sites r a disgrace 

Hey crodiles, Ticket Master is the main ticket seller here as well. There were lots of available tickets once I got on but you really have to be on it once they do go on sell to the general public. I kind of screwed up for the Foofighters and could not get decent tickets although I did get tickets. But there were tons of tickets available on the secondary market for huge mark ups. All these secondary sellers are legalized scalpers pretty much. 

I'm catching the Newport Folk Festival this summer and if EFests did a 'rumours' list for that festival (the only US festival with the history or longevity similar to Glastonbury, albeit on a much smaller scale) David Byrne would be a 'SR' with another festival date on the Friday nearby and then up the US coast on the day after, so I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing him there. 

But, keeping the Heads theme strong this year, I just came back tonight from a book reading/discussion at a famed NY bookstore where drummer Chris Frantz was interviewing fellow CBGB veteran frontman Richard Lloyd of Television, reading questions from a sheet of paper he had. Tina Weymouth was in the front row asking a few questions of her own as well (Chris says to her "oh, you brought a list too?") - Intro lines by  Chris "We used to do double bills together at CBGB's" and "By the way...neither of us are high at the moment!" - managed to get my Stop Making Sense autographed. He said his greatest post-Talking Heads accomplishment was he and Tina taking turns posting for years as Mike99 without the Neil ever knowing it was them. 

72245BAC-0F99-4CEC-9758-843051012FC4.jpeg

Edited by tevaburger

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

He said his greatest post-Talking Heads accomplishment was he and Tina taking turns posting for years as Mike99 without the Neil ever knowing it was them. 

:lol:

As you're doing photos of Chris, here's mine (from about 15 years ago, now) ... which outdoes yours, because the picture-taker was Jarvis Cocker (yes, really).

photosneilchrisjarvis.jpg