Talking Heads

ivan

Got the fire roaring at home last night , turned down the lights

Laid on one sofa whilst the cat laid on another

And we just chilled for a few  hours listening to  the early Talking Heads albums

Beautiful !

28 minutes ago, ivan said:

Got the fire roaring at home last night , turned down the lights

Laid on one sofa whilst the cat laid on another

And we just chilled for a few  hours listening to  the early Talking Heads albums

Beautiful !

Hope you didn’t get too chilled. If you fell asleep you’d risk...

BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, James96 said:

I thought they were reuniting or something you fucking tease.

That ship has long since sailed as Neil would confirm.

I guess the only thing that would get them back together is if David discovered  his management had embezzled him as per  Alanis Morrisette and there was no food left in the fridge so to speak.

DB was excellent at End of The Road a few years back with St Vincent !!!

12 minutes ago, ivan said:

That ship has long since sailed as Neil would confirm.

most recent thing I was directed to by someone who is good friends with Chris & Tina suggested they'd be interested in one. I saw something that implied the same for Jerry, too.

So it's probably down to Byrne. How likely that is I don't really have a clue, cos he does stuff you wouldn't expect him to. I guess some will depend on how many other projects he has on the go. 

12 minutes ago, ivan said:

I guess the only thing that would get them back together is if David discovered  his management had embezzled him as per  

Dunno. His attitudes towards playing TH stuff at his own shows has softened over the years so i don't think it's impossible, tho I do think it's unlikely.

I saw David Byrne with St Vincent at end of the road. He finished on Road to Nowhere with a full brass band. They were marching around the stage in single file in circles.

At the end they did an instrumental reprise and marched off stage. They weren't miced up so you could gradually hear them fading as they went further back stage.

I've also seen Brandon Flowers live.

Edited by Homer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Homer said:

I saw David Byrne with St Vincent at end of the road. He finished on Road to Nowhere with a full brass band. They were marching around the stage in single file in circles.

At the end they did an instrumental reprise and marched off stage. They weren't miced up so you could gradually hear them fading as they went further back stage.

I've also seen Brandon Flowers live.

Coincidentally just had Love This Giant on about 10 mins ago while I was decorating my tree. So fucking envious you got to see that show, sounds incredible.

51 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Coincidentally just had Love This Giant on about 10 mins ago while I was decorating my tree. So fucking envious you got to see that show, sounds incredible.

Not really a big fan TBH, but was a great gig. Other headliners were Belle and Seb and Sigur Ros. Definitely went the right year!

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Not really a big fan TBH, but was a great gig. Other headliners were Belle and Seb and Sigur Ros. Definitely went the right year!

I remember that year being unusually massive on the line-up side for them, I think that's the first year it got really on my radar, been intending to go every year since. I'm a huge St Vincent fan, and that album way my introduction to David Byrne. I think they were an EotR exclusive, or they just did EotR and London (possibly also Edinburgh International Fest?), either way I didn't get to see the show and I was gutted, that's my big white whale.... Well that, and Sufjan's Age Of Adz tour, and Taylor's Red tour, and Beyonce at Glastonbury.

20 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I remember that year being unusually massive on the line-up side for them, I think that's the first year it got really on my radar, been intending to go every year since. I'm a huge St Vincent fan, and that album way my introduction to David Byrne. I think they were an EotR exclusive, or they just did EotR and London (possibly also Edinburgh International Fest?), either way I didn't get to see the show and I was gutted, that's my big white whale.... Well that, and Sufjan's Age Of Adz tour, and Taylor's Red tour, and Beyonce at Glastonbury.

My teenage self sat in front of the Pyramid and ignored Johnny Cash mate. We have all done these things!

34 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Reckon Davey B will show up at any UK fests in 2018? I'll definitely be at EotR so if he were to be there again I'd be very up for that.

I worry that Latitude will nail him on an exclusive, to spite us. Or Shamabala; not my kind of game that Shambala.