Gorillaz

shuttlep

A massive coup for them ,  a big headliner 

but I can;t help but think of how terrible they were at Glastonbury in 2010. has anyone seen the new tour? what do they think?

I wonder also how much they will have cost? how much budget would this have used?

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

but I can;t help but think of how terrible they were at Glastonbury in 2010. has anyone seen the new tour? what do they think?

I wonder also how much they will have cost? how much budget would this have used?

They were better live almost immediately after that (late notice) gig and were very good on this tour. They were still working it out in June 2010 but now the transitions between songs/guests are quicker, they have the band knowing more of the old songs (they didn't have 19-2000 at Glastonbury) and there's loads more crowd interaction. Whilst I enjoyed Glastonbury I can see in hindsight why it didn't work for a broader Glastonbury audience  

The new sets are very upbeat and the album suits festivals much more than Plastic Beach. I think it's a cracking booking. 

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

In terms of budget, i would imagine this explains the ticket price hike. I would still expect the rest of the line up to be of a similar standard as last year.

Saw them at The O2 on Monday and it was a basically a ginormous party. They played ALOT from Plastic Beach & Demon Days but it worked really well. 

Not really fussed about who else plays after that massive announcement. Anything else is a bonus, I'll just spend most of my time walking about trying to find sweaty raves behind doors. 

17 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Saw them at The O2 on Monday and it was a basically a ginormous party. They played ALOT from Plastic Beach & Demon Days but it worked really well. 

Not really fussed about who else plays after that massive announcement. Anything else is a bonus, I'll just spend most of my time walking about trying to find sweaty raves behind doors. 

I'm liking the sweaty raves idea, must find these

Saw them last Friday, as everyone else has said they were brilliant.

I notice that Boomtown is billed as a UK exclusive, but then Parklife's poster looks like this.DQfOQGoW0AYKSfH.jpg.97c02337be9a8cd4016fb435cb89cedb.jpg

Last year the poster was of 2 Nike sneakers (signifying Frank Ocean). Who else could that be but Gorillaz?

Edited by ConorC

34 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I notice that Boomtown is billed as a UK exclusive

I've been wary of the wording used for that and not mentioned it in what efestivals had reported, because from the various versions of wordings I read it more-implied that aspects of the show were exclusive than that the band's performance was.

No actual idea if I was right to be wary, tho that Parklife poster looks like I might have been.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never seen them so might be interested, especially if people rate them live. Was definitely interested in the first 2 albums back when, but they have dropped off my radar since then. If they play a lot of older stuff it's worth a look for a bit of last decade nostalgia. 

But too crowded... and I'd likely head elsewhere. I'm getting that vibe. 

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Doesn't do much for me.. They were shite at Glastonbury.. Imo 

I'd encourage you not to right them off on that performance. If they're not your thing then fair enough but wouldn't want you potentially missing out for the wrong reason. 

I've seen them since and it's been so much better. I think that night was far from their norm and they will be a lot more practiced this time around.

6 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I'd encourage you not to right them off on that performance. If they're not your thing then fair enough but wouldn't want you potentially missing out for the wrong reason. 

I've seen them since and it's been so much better. I think that night was far from their norm and they will be a lot more practiced this time around.

Yea I suppose they were stepping in.. I'll see what is about.. But you might have a point. Lol