2017 on Spotify

stuartbert two hats

i was looking at the results that thingy gave about my listening this year.  my top artist/album is something i've only listened to a small handful of times.  non of my top one hundred tunes are on it.  it's seemingly been all about the playlists for me this year:  the endless one i make for myself by Shazam-ing songs i hear that i like and which then drops them into a Spotify playlist, and many, many others i've followed by people with more time and better taste than me.

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

How?  I like the idea of paying less money!

Family plan. You get five separate accounts for £14.99 (I've just seen its gone up from the £9.99 when we signed up, I should be paying 3 quid a month really) so we just got a group of mates together and said we all lived at the same address. 

• Like 1

For some reason this came up as one of my top 5 songs. As far as i remember i have played it once (or possibly twice) when i was putting together a massive 'Tracks of my Life' playlist. It was one of my earliest musical memories along with Needles and Pins and Chubby Checker's Lets Twist Again.

Not ashamed, just suprised

I don't use Spotify that much but I always thought Alt Rock was my genre. Apparently not. But I listen with and amongst an younger demographic. I dunno, I feel like if you get stuck too much in the past you miss the present. Anyway. Yep. 

Screenshot.png

Edited by JacquelineS

On 07/12/2017 at 10:41 AM, fatyeti24 said:

i was looking at the results that thingy gave about my listening this year.  my top artist/album is something i've only listened to a small handful of times.  non of my top one hundred tunes are on it.  it's seemingly been all about the playlists for me this year:  the endless one i make for myself by Shazam-ing songs i hear that i like and which then drops them into a Spotify playlist, and many, many others i've followed by people with more time and better taste than me.

How do you get Shazam to do this please?? It would be very useful!

On 12/5/2017 at 12:15 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 12.14.19.png

Good top artist there, fam! I don't use Spotify, but they're probably my most played of the year as well, all the tracks off Sick Scenes have 40+ plays on my iTunes, and then I have the LP as well, and I reckon I'll give a full album listen to another pre-Sick Scenes album at least twice a week on average on top of that. Then if my daily commute album of choice ends before I reach work or home, then LC! are one of my go-to artists for individual tracks to carry me through (if not them it's 'Yonce, Kendrick, Taylor, Kanye, LCD, Carly Rae Jepsen, or Sufjan).

After that I reckon Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam are having a spot, didn't really get into their album late last year, but I played it nearly non-stop this year, especially around Glastonbury.  iTunes telling me that Boxer by The National has around 60 plays for each track now, that can't have been more than 10 earlier this year, because I wasn't really into it before. But I can recall the exact moment in March, when I was sat on a train to London, that I stuck it on and it just started to click with me. Listened to it loads after that. And I bought the LP in August, so add somewhere between 5 and 10 to the iTunes plays.

Not sure who'd be in the rest of the top 5. Probably Kendrick because all the DAMN. tracks have 30 - 40 plays on my iTunes, and I'm always banging GKMC, 2PAB, and untitled unmastered, and The Heart and Cartoons And Cereal are pretty much my go-to tracks to listen to in work, because the only thing I can use to listen to music there is YouTube, so I just end up listening to the same handful of things over and over because they're there in my recommendations.

Other YouTube albums I listen to a lot in work is Acid Rap by Chance The Rapper, Baduizm by Erykah Badu, Enter The 36 Chambers by The WuTang Clan, and MM FOOD by MF DOOM. Don't know how much I've listened to them, but it'll be a lot, so they'll be my other most playeds.