Pearl Jam

Are they still relevant to the R&L audience?

A year or so ago I'd have thought they'd never be booked for the festival again. Seem to be better suited UK fests for them nowadays (IOW, BST, Download... potentially TRNSMT unless it continues to announce shit headliners).

However, they've got a decent legendary status. Think they're still a possibility for R&L in the not so distant future, would be an interesting booking.

What do you think - still a possibility or no chance of them ever playing the festival again?

Discuss.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Are they still relevant to the R&L audience?

A year or so ago I'd have thought they'd never be booked for the festival again. Seem to be better suited UK fests for them nowadays (IOW, BST, Download... potentially TRNSMT unless it continues to announce shit headliners).

However, they've got a decent legendary status. Think they're still a possibility for R&L in the not so distant future, would be an interesting booking.

What do you think - still a possibility or no chance of them ever playing the festival again?

Discuss.

Wouldn't happen. Haven't aged brilliantly and don't have the hits - I honestly would be surprised if more than 20% of people in attendance had heard of them.

Should have a new album out early next year.. Still best live band in the world.. 

But I will admit that if you don't know them you'll not have the same experience BUT LIVE they can't be beaten.. imo ok

Edited by guypjfreak

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Should have a new album out early next year.. Still best live band in the world.. 

But I will admit that if you don't know them you'll not have the same experience BUT LIVE they can't be beaten.. imo ok

never seen them live personally but have only heard good things. definitely a festival band for me, wouldn't pay to see them but if they were at a festival I was going to then I'd make sure to catch them.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

never seen them live personally but have only heard good things. definitely a festival band for me, wouldn't pay to see them but if they were at a festival I was going to then I'd make sure to catch them.

Seen them every time they've been in the UK.. Saw Eddie a few months ago brilliant. If you get the chance DO pay they really kick ass live.. I'd love to see them at Glastonbury but I fear that will never happen lol 

• 2 weeks later...