Future Headliners

Steve1000

38 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I know a lot of people on here don't particularly love them, but surely Bastille to headline or co-head at the very least off the next album? It's coming next year according to Dan and I could definitely see them headlining off the back of it.

I feel like Bastille have stagnated massively, like I don't feel as though they got any bigger off that last album. IDK tho they seemed to have a decent crowd last year so

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Throwing ADTR into it. I think they will headline DL first and then R&L some time in the future. 

Don't see it myself. Think they will work their way up to sub at most before stalling and possibly dropping off. I'm aware they're pretty big already, but I just don't see them ever getting THAT big.

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:01 PM, Mattymooz said:

I feel like Bastille have stagnated massively, like I don't feel as though they got any bigger off that last album. IDK tho they seemed to have a decent crowd last year so

Yeah I completely get what you're saying, like I don't think there were many new fans purely because of Wild World but I do still feel that with one more album they'd atleast be a good headliner that would draw a crowd, even if the album itself doesn't pull in many new fans, although I think it will. From what I saw, Bastille had an equal sized crowd to Kasabian if not bigger. Could be wrong though.

Edited by Jayvk

13 hours ago, Chiefski said:

I haven't seen them mentioned really anywhere, but Gorillaz? Really enjoyed them in Glasgow the other day, probably can rope in a few guests to play over the day too

I think it's taken that long for Gorillaz to come back with a new album and tour it that it's probably next year or never. Given the lukewarm reception for Humanz and the lengthy tour following it, I don't see Damon rushing back to it.

1 hour ago, Jayvk said:

Yeah I completely get what you're saying, like I don't think there were many new fans purely because of Wild World but I do still feel that with one more album they'd atleast be a good headliner that would draw a crowd, even if the album itself doesn't pull in many new fans, although I think it will. From what I saw, Bastille had an equal sized crowd to Kasabian if not bigger. Could be wrong though.

I met some people at the barrier who were planning on standing there all day to see Bastille, was probably standing there for ten hours. So they definitely have a dedicated fan base. Doesn't seem like your usual R&L headliner though, more like V Festival.

2 hours ago, Aech said:

I met some people at the barrier who were planning on standing there all day to see Bastille, was probably standing there for ten hours. So they definitely have a dedicated fan base. Doesn't seem like your usual R&L headliner though, more like V Festival.

Could possibly see them in a co-headliner situation after another successful album.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think it's taken that long for Gorillaz to come back with a new album and tour it that it's probably next year or never. Given the lukewarm reception for Humanz and the lengthy tour following it, I don't see Damon rushing back to it.

I'm pretty sure that either him or Jamie Hewlett said not long ago that they feel a bit old for it and they never saw it lasting this long. Something along those lines. I reckon Humanz is probably the last Gorillaz album.

10 hours ago, Aech said:

Jesus Christ, imagine that being your life.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Odessa said:

I'm pretty sure that either him or Jamie Hewlett said not long ago that they feel a bit old for it and they never saw it lasting this long. Something along those lines. I reckon Humanz is probably the last Gorillaz album.

If that be the case, they may try and sell it as such to bookers next year for finale shows - but aye, the steam appears to have run out on Gorillaz for now.

If not a new album though, could see one final spate of shows in half a decade or so. They were rather feelgood at Manchester Arena the other night and the crowd seemed way up for it - but I don't think anyone would call them one of the shows of the year, if that makes sense.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yes, probably. Don’t underestimate the management and the marketing that has got them this far on so little.

Royal blood are extremely talented and very entertaining live so after one more album I reckon they will headline outright, and deservedly so imo

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

He's already headlined.

Don't think I'll ever get over seeing your face when you saw the queue for the toilets after Liam Gallagher's headline set at Leeds, and you ended up having a shit on that paper plate hahahahha. Good times.

• Upvote 2