Lunar Festival 2018

DDave

On FB they say: "We are planning to shake things up a little with some bigger artists of different genres, awesome new venues, inspiring exhibitions, thoughtful installations, uplifting processions, plus much more whilst keeping true to the Lunar spirit of years gone by! "  Looking to expand things by the sounds of it.  For selfish reasons (birthday weekend) I'd have preferred the early June dates of the past but that time of year it gets absolutely freezing at night so swings and roundabouts.

I have been to this festival. Only once, but very enjoyable. I doubt I'd go  again because it's quite expensive for what you get musically, etc. That said, I had a fab time. Me , my wife and a young lady called, get this, Portia, managed to drag some bloke back to his tent, which took about 45 minutes to do. Portia said she was a banker. Both me and my wife thought that she wasn't exactly a bank tallier that would accept cheques in / cheques out kind of thing. However, I would have it known that she was spot on. Both me and my wife thought so. She cared about the well being of an unknown. Enough respect.

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have been to this festival. Only once, but very enjoyable. I doubt I'd go  again because it's quite expensive for what you get musically, etc. That said, I had a fab time. Me , my wife and a young lady called, get this, Portia, managed to drag some bloke back to his tent, which took about 45 minutes to do. Portia said she was a banker. Both me and my wife thought that she wasn't exactly a bank tallier that would accept cheques in / cheques out kind of thing. However, I would have it known that she was spot on. Both me and my wife thought so. She cared about the well being of an unknown. Enough respect.

Wat

5 minutes ago, SemiSweet said:

Wat

No idea. Are you saying something to do with her name being Wat. I don't know if there's a connection or Wat ( gedddit?), but do know that my wife broke two ribs falling over trying ( and achieving) to get the 'most' drunken bloke back to his tent. A young lady called Portia helped, and stayed there until the end ie we got the bloke face down in his own tent in the position whereby he couldn't choke on his own vomit. As I say, enough respect to her for hanging on in there, and choosing humanity over ' it's not my problem, I can't be arsed'. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Early birds end at 10am and then line up is released later today.

Absolutely no idea how this one's going to go. I'm predicting Hookworms with confidence but aside from that it could be anyone. Sharing Future Islands or the Lips with Blue Dot makes sense. Probably bands the size of Django Django, Goldfrapp etc to headline. 

Could be one of the better line ups this year I reckon

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

1767902d-604b-4daf-b655-000e676cb3b4.jpg

Lucky guess for Goldfrapp.

Hmm. Definitely a lot more to do in the day than previous years and it seems a lot more filled  out. Stranglers are an odd choice for headliners and I thought the line up would be a bit more special than that tbh. Some decent stuff on it though.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Lunar are offering 100 NHS workers free tickets.   A lovely gesture.

Simply email info@lunarfestival.co.uk with the subject "NHS Ticket Offer" between now and Friday 16th March with proof of NHS employment and we will select 100 NHS workers at random to receive a free ticket to Lunar!