Queens Of The Stone Age @ Finsbury Park

gregory

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah I''m surprised it's not getting more attention. Especially when you consider it would probably cost almost  just as much to see QOTSA or Iggy or RTJ on their own.   I think it's better than all the TRNSMT days tbh

Totally with you - plus as he's not going to go on forever this might be the last chance to see Iggy still in his pomp. 

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Never listened to him (or The Last Shadow Puppets). Where would you recommend starting?

Honestly surprised it hasn't sold out yet, its such a bargain for that price. Almost cost me just as much to see QOTSA at Wembley Arena last year

His debut (Colour of the Trap) is ace, most of the songs from it were co-written with Alex Turner. He only has two studio albums so there isn't too much for you to work through, but start with Colour of the Trap!

Yeah I'm really shocked, its a steal for the caliber of acts that are on. Going to be a big one for sure!

This is shaping up to be one of the best one-day event days taking place this year. 

I see today’s additions are being billed as the ‘final’ acts, taking us to 13. What do we fancy the stage splits will be?

Or is the structure of the poster, with a collection of acts at the bottom, a giveaway? Just seems very unbalanced.

FE4DA841-913F-4E17-A1FB-5CF70D5C5E4F.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

This is shaping up to be one of the best one-day event days taking place this year. 

I see today’s additions are being billed as the ‘final’ acts, taking us to 13. What do we fancy the stage splits will be?

Or is the structure of the poster, with a collection of acts at the bottom, a giveaway? Just seems very unbalanced.

Agreed. They seem to have really done a good job for QOTSA fans. I'd want to see most bands on there, annoyingly.

I think it is a giveaway. I'm expecting it to be the bands on balloons playing the main stage (vertical order) and the acts below on the smaller stage (ordered from left to right). They don't really have to balance the two stages because - assuming it's the same stages as Community - the main stage is massive and can host the entire capacity while the second stage is quite small and really just a low-key alternative full of up-and-comers.

35 minutes ago, thisisthesam said:

Going on a huge whim here but hear me out...

Alex Turner is 'friends' with QOTSA.

Miles is already there, so + Alex = an impromptu Shadow Puppets performance?

Matt Helders also plays drums for Iggy Pop = half of the Arctic Monkeys (also friends) (secret set?)

I think there's a decent chance Turner will walk on for a song in Kane's set.

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:34 PM, dentalplan said:

Agreed. They seem to have really done a good job for QOTSA fans. I'd want to see most bands on there, annoyingly.

I think it is a giveaway. I'm expecting it to be the bands on balloons playing the main stage (vertical order) and the acts below on the smaller stage (ordered from left to right). They don't really have to balance the two stages because - assuming it's the same stages as Community - the main stage is massive and can host the entire capacity while the second stage is quite small and really just a low-key alternative full of up-and-comers.

Why. do you like everyone except QOTSA?

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, thisisthesam said:

Going on a huge whim here but hear me out...

Alex Turner is 'friends' with QOTSA.

Miles is already there, so + Alex = an impromptu Shadow Puppets performance?

Matt Helders also plays drums for Iggy Pop = half of the Arctic Monkeys (also friends) (secret set?)

Would be great that. I have tickets but have some for TRNSMT day later. Unsure whether to sell one or do early Euston to Glasgow train. Would be best line up this year if AM/LSP do a song or few. 

Expecting it to be a great gig. Do you reckon its wristbands that will be handed out or just ticketed entry? Only because the souvenir is always great. Reckon they would sell them if not. 

Will not be looking forward to the train if I do QOTSA and AM at TRNSMT.

On 27/02/2018 at 8:34 PM, dentalplan said:

Yes of course Community being the next day means they’ll use the same stage setup. That settles that.

Black Honey the only act who really interest me (at the moment) from the second stage, so hope they clash with RTJ or else I’ll likely miss them.

• 3 weeks later...

Was just looking at grabbing a ticket with some ticket master vouchers I got for Christmas although it doesn't appear I can use them as this, lovebox and download are all done via front gate tickets now which sucks.

Anyway I noticed the option to input a passcode for "special" pricing in the ticket page, so I guess it isn't selling that well?

Edited by oxygentleman

14 minutes ago, oxygentleman said:

Was just looking at grabbing a ticket with some ticket master vouchers I got for Christmas although it doesn't appear I can use them as this, lovebox and download are all done via front gate tickets now which sucks.

Anyway I noticed the option to input a passcode for "special" pricing in the ticket page, so I guess it isn't selling that well?

Question is.. whats the special passcode as i'd love to buy for cheaper. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2017 at 11:30 PM, R Shah said:

Annoying thing about finsbury park is that there was a 10pm curfew when I went for community  festival in 2017 - I hope this isn't the case for QOTSA. I'm pretty sure this is their biggest headline show EVER. 49,000 people. They cant be finishing the gig while its still kind of light at 10pm. I pray they play like a a long 25 song set with all the hits and lesser unknown stuff as well as stuff from Villains.

its claimed to be 45,000 although there was a fair number when the Sex Pistols played in 1996 

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-open-spaces/z-parks-and-open-spaces/finsbury-park/events-finsbury-park

4 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Well the whole 'one more show' has turned out to be CALJAM 2018 held in October. 

Although I hope and pray it will be our day in Finsbury!!! Post Pop Depression

Well Miles Kane is there 

Therefore Alex Turner will probably be around (who happens to be friends w QOTSA)

Therefore Matt Helders will be around as AM have their Glasgow gig the next day.

And the other 3 members are already playing the bill. It is QOTSA 'and friends' after all so it is a genuine possibility