NOS Primavera Porto

Justiceforcedave

8 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Each one of you did give fair points about Thom Yorke indeed headlining. Although barcelona is a bigger city than porto and sonar mainly targets the electronic music genre... Thom headlining there is to be expected. Nevertheless, I hope at least that no meh-ish Hip Hop gets a big slot. That'd be disappointing. All I'm asking for at this point is Gorillaz, Thom and Lorde (Nick Cave too but that's to be expected)

Meh-ish is my new favourite word. I’m going to borrow that in future if you don’t mind.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Each one of you did give fair points about Thom Yorke indeed headlining. Although barcelona is a bigger city than porto and sonar mainly targets the electronic music genre... Thom headlining there is to be expected. Nevertheless, I hope at least that no meh-ish Hip Hop gets a big slot. That'd be disappointing. All I'm asking for at this point is Gorillaz, Thom and Lorde (Nick Cave too but that's to be expected)

You can´t expect all those big names to come to Porto, I think it will only be Nick Cave, Thom Yorke and either Lorde, either Migos or either Gorillaz, the one that is cheapest will come to Porto, so maybe Migos? A nicer bet are The War on Drugs, they are NPS style headliner and I bet it costs less to bring them than Gorillaz or Lorde. 

I mean with 105 euros for a full festival ticket you can´t expect much.

Hope that small names will be good, Madlib, Arca, Tyler The Creator (sceptical about this one), Vince Staples, maybe St.Vincent but I think that if she comes to Portugal she´ll be at Nos Alive or SBSR. 

Thundercat, Grizzly Bear, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kelela, The Internet...

Edited by maksym26

8 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

from what i saw, this year, Best Kept Secret shares some days with NPS.

what are your thoughts regarding this? is it possible they share acts with us or it means who goes there doesn't come to Porto?

Yeah, rule those out.

5 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

You can´t expect all those big names to come to Porto, I think it will only be Nick Cave, Thom Yorke and either Lorde, either Migos or either Gorillaz, the one that is cheapest will come to Porto, so maybe Migos? A nicer bet are The War on Drugs, they are NPS style headliner and I bet it costs less to bring them than Gorillaz or Lorde. 

Hope that small names will be good, Madlib, Arca, Tyler The Creator (sceptical about this one), Vince Staples, maybe St.Vincent but I think that if she comes to Portugal she´ll be at Nos Alive or SBSR. 

Thundercat, Grizzly Bear, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kelela, The Internet...

Well. Lorde can't be that expensive... I'm sure she wants to come here. It wasn't its purpose but she even recognized us a while back with a tweet of a photo of the last time she played here in Portugal. I can't imagine Gorillaz being quite that expensive as of now either and surely they'd like to come here, if possible, as they're playing two times in Spain this year in two months. I sure hope as hell Migos ain't headlining, what a waste of a spot. I'd count on St. Vincent and Arca, Tyler not really. Imagine a day in which both Arca and Thom play. HEAVENLY 

17 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

why do you say Migos are the cheapest? they are in the first line on friday

2 minutes ago, antoniopinho said:

NO Ty Segall, Tyler The Creator, Vince Staples, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Four Tet, Father John Misty, Rex Orange County and Yellow Days?! they better get Gorillaz...idk how they can make a decent line-up without these names :(

it's true. some months ago i read that gabi from PS said that this year NPS would follow is "own direction" something like that.

it's really becoming that

My friends, the best option is not be very hopeful and recieve NPS lineup with open hands because a lot of people see Barcelona´s luneup and start to be very enthusismic, they think that they´ll ge thalf of headliners and half of small names. That´s not true. Arctic Monkeys aren´t coming, neither The National, neither Bjork, only headliners that can come to NPS are Nick, Migos and Lorde, and even from those I only see Nick Cave coming to Porto.

I mean what do you want for 105 euros????

NPS is all about small names, this year there are a lot of seconr/third line acts that can come easily to NPS.

And NPS is shifting away from PS this year, possible different names are: Gorillaz, Thom Yorke, St. Vincent, Princess Nokia.

1 minute ago, maksym26 said:

My friends, the best option is not be very hopeful and recieve NPS lineup with open hands because a lot of people see Barcelona´s luneup and start to be very enthusismic, they think that they´ll ge thalf of headliners and half of small names. That´s not true. Arctic Monkeys aren´t coming, neither The National, neither Bjork, only headliners that can come to NPS are Nick, Migos and Lorde, and even from those I only see Nick Cave coming to Porto.

I mean what do you want for 105 euros????

NPS is all about small names, this year there are a lot of seconr/third line acts that can come easily to NPS.

And NPS is shifting away from PS this year, possible different names are: Gorillaz, Thom Yorke, St. Vincent, Princess Nokia.

105 euros does not equal small names. Two years ago you'd almost pay the same thing for a 3 day ticket for NOS Alive. (if not the same thing when NOS PS' ticket's price goes up)

Lorde is coming. I'm sure of it. Nick Cave is basically confirmed, Migos idk nor do I care but there'll be someone else that is at least averagely big. It's not like the festival got a downgrade all of a sudden. Its budget surely hasn't decreased, if anything, it only has the tendency to get bigger and bigger. 

15 minutes ago, antoniopinho said:

I think you have a point Tigane, hoping for some BKS artists. Let´s just wait and see

Another example.  Every year, Paredes de Coura happens at the same time as Green Man Fest  Pukkelpop and another festival i am not remembering the name, and they usually share the card with the 3 festivals, and some bands even play 3-4 of these festivals.

So even with Father John Misty and Tyler the creator in both  Northside and BKS, and the others in only one of them,  i can´t rule them out just yet

6 hours ago, Tigane said:

Another example.  Every year, Paredes de Coura happens at the same time as Green Man Fest  Pukkelpop and another festival i am not remembering the name, and they usually share the card with the 3 festivals, and some bands even play 3-4 of these festivals.

So even with Father John Misty and Tyler the creator in both  Northside and BKS, and the others in only one of them,  i can´t rule them out just yet

Festival name you’re looking for is Lowlands (and it’s freaking brilliant). 

Moreover, Best Kept Secret runs from Friday-Sunday, where NPS is Thursday-Saturday right? And guess what day of BKS is the strongest one by miles, at the moment? (hint: it’s not Friday or Saturday).

So I guess both are perfectly fit to share quite a few acts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Festival name you’re looking for is Lowlands (and it’s freaking brilliant). 

Moreover, Best Kept Secret runs from Friday-Sunday, where NPS is Thursday-Saturday right? And guess what day of BKS is the strongest one by miles, at the moment? (hint: it’s not Friday or Saturday).

So I guess both are perfectly fit to share quite a few acts. 

Y'all have me convinced. I won't rule out BKS anymore then, at least not entirely. FJM would be a great add-on to the line-up but I doubt he can come:

image.png.3a06a93016daef7c3b585f9e08a2b409.png

2 minutes ago, antoniopinho said:

Due to schedule reasons, LCD Soundsystem, FJM and Ty Segall are really difficult to book. imo the best BKS day is friday by far. In terms of hip-hop i think the situation is Tyler and hopefully Migos out / ASAP Rocky and maybe Vince Staples in

LCD Soundsystem are not going, that's for sure

5 minutes ago, young_contra said:

LCD Soundsystem are not going, that's for sure

That´s correct. They had 2 shows sceduled in Lisbon, and with those 2 almost sold out, they added a third show, which  would make any sense if they were to come to NPS.

Well I want Vince Staples, because it could be a mean to convice Gorillaz to come (since he participates in their album).

About 2-3 weeks ago a friend of mine told me that someone told her that Tyler the Creator is in NPS, however i have no idea of the credibility of the original source. Hopefully next week we have the full line up