Neighbourhood Weekender 2018

frontsidecab

22 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

It's always black, red, green apart from Beth Ditto which is presumably just a mistake 

True, they’ve messed that pattern up as well low down on the Sunday, I personally think the colours mean something, why wouldn’t they just keep everything black if not?

Having a bit of a panic here, I’ve bought 4 tickets on GetMeIn, which I believe is the ticketmaster re-sale site, but in an email from them they said tickets usually arrive “3-4 days” before the event and someone may need to sign for the delivery.

Now this poses several problems. Firstly I’m assuming they mean that the tickets arrive to the original buyer at this time, how the hell is that person then meant to forward them on to me so quickly?

Also, I’m going up to Manchester on the Friday night so that shortens the window even more. 

Plus I may not be able to be in to actually sign for the tickets.

Basically worried I’ve fucked up and £600 out of pocket for 4 tickets (yes I know it’s not cool paying 1.5 times face value but I really fancied this and it sold out super quick)

Anyone else find the social media accounts for this festival really grating? I get that they don't need to push ticket sales but they could do a bit more than the odd Adobe Spark graphic with inane song lyrics or crowd-rallying quotes on. 

That said, i'm looking forward to going for the day on Sunday. The Manchester Camerata NS set interests me a lot. 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They’re also professionals. Loads of people work when they would rather be watching their team play.

Takes me back to Glastonbury 1998 and James said they wouldn’t play during the England match during that World Cup. 

Even though I’m a football fan, I was a bit miffed Foo Fighters and James sets were cut short due to the England match being shown on main stage. 

Could say the same about liverpool considering they're going through as a load of the crowd will be from there

I'm a big advocate of...if you want to watch a football match sell your festival ticket or go off site. Same as at glastonbury with England games.i don't think it has any place mixing with music.

Saying that, city united 5.30 saturday and courteeners at the arena straight after should be interesting...i hope people do leave it at the door but i'll be surprised!! 

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Could say the same about liverpool considering they're going through as a load of the crowd will be from there

I'm a big advocate of...if you want to watch a football match sell your festival ticket or go off site. Same as at glastonbury with England games.i don't think it has any place mixing with music.

Saying that, city united 5.30 saturday and courteeners at the arena straight after should be interesting...i hope people do leave it at the door but i'll be surprised!! 

It'll be interesting getting into a couple of pubs Saturday night in Manchester, Mojo for one are very dodgy for asking lads what they've been upto and if they've been to the football. Any hint they think you've had a drink the bouncers turn into jobsworths and say not tonight lads you've had too much but the woman will just walk in forgetting they do attend football too.

16 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It'll be interesting getting into a couple of pubs Saturday night in Manchester, Mojo for one are very dodgy for asking lads what they've been upto and if they've been to the football. Any hint they think you've had a drink the bouncers turn into jobsworths and say not tonight lads you've had too much but the woman will just walk in forgetting they do attend football too.

To be honest places like mojo are so lad heavy I'm surprised they have any custom left with that sort of policy...

Lads are more likely to cause violence/harrassment of women in groups so it makes sense to limit

Edited by efcfanwirral

19 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be honest places like mojo are so lad heavy I'm surprised they have any custom left with that sort of policy...

Lads are more likely to cause violence/harrassment of women in groups so it makes sense to limit

I've never seen anything bad in there bar the prices. I remember there being a dodgy back road entrance a while back.

I disagree with taring with the same brush when you just want a drink. 42 Street is lad heavy and they sung oooh Robin Van Persie every evening drunk leaving through the tunnel out but are still let in.

9 minutes ago, ModFFM said:

Regular reader but don't often log in to comment but felt this was worth sharing...

For anyone still after a ticket some still appear to be back on sale at face value on SeeTickets/GigsandTours

https://www.seetickets.com/event/neighbourhood-weekender-weekend/victoria-park/1175386/?clearoffer=true

Ah nice one! My friend is after a ticket and is now sorted!! 

I have a Sunday Day ticket with Car Parking available for this. The ticket is electronic so as soon as they email me it I can send it on.

It's a big celebration in the family that day which is half annoying as I wanted to go but face value naturally for anyone who wants it.

£68.95 is the total cost.

On 12/04/2018 at 5:20 PM, thewayiam said:

I have a Sunday Day ticket with Car Parking available for this. The ticket is electronic so as soon as they email me it I can send it on.

It's a big celebration in the family that day which is half annoying as I wanted to go but face value naturally for anyone who wants it.

£68.95 is the total cost.

I may sell this slightly under face value to get rid of someone wants it rather than going direct.

On 16/04/2018 at 11:16 AM, ModFFM said:

Quick one to say that I've noticed weekend tickets have now sold out but day tickets for both Saturday and Sunday are available and in terms of price, work out only a slight bit more than the cost of a full weekend.

https://www.gigsandtours.com/content/neighbourhood-weekender-2018-tickets/?

2 weekend tickets for sale (£107 each) plus hotel if needed.