Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

On Saturday, Mad Cool posted some rules in Spanish regarding access to stages:

(Google translate) 16. The different areas of the different stages of the Festival have a limited legal capacity established, so that once this limit is reached, access to these areas will be cut off. Consequently, the Organization will not be responsible in any case for the inability of certain attendees to attend certain concerts or events that integrate the Festival. 

https://madcoolfestival.es/condiciones-de-venta-de-entradas.php

Do you think there will be a problem to access Stage 1 (Mad Cool Stage) and Stage 2 (Koko Stage) or will there be limited access for only electronic or smaller tents/stages? 

26 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

(Google translate) 16. The different areas of the different stages of the Festival have a limited legal capacity established, so that once this limit is reached, access to these areas will be cut off. Consequently, the Organization will not be responsible in any case for the inability of certain attendees to attend certain concerts or events that integrate the Festival. 

Do you think there will be a problem to access Stage 1 (Mad Cool Stage) and Stage 2 (Koko Stage) or will there be limited access for only electronic or smaller tents/stages? 

my guess is that open air stages won’t have limited capacity, how would they control it? 

it makes sense for the tents, but that also happens at every major festival so no need to worry imo

57 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

We have these things at major german festivals in front of the main stages to avoid crowd accidents. It usually works that you have an entrance at one side and the exit on the other. If it's full, it's full and you have to stand behind them. So it's possible that you can't enter the front rows if you are not there early enough. That leads to the effect that you have many people waiting for their favourite band hours before they play.

ps. english site for that: https://madcoolfestival.es/en/tickets-conditions.php

Edited by with_tired_eyes

15 hours ago, zbo said:

my guess is that open air stages won’t have limited capacity, how would they control it? 

it makes sense for the tents, but that also happens at every major festival so no need to worry imo

Same thing was there at Rock Werchter last year when they closed the so-to-say Fan1 area close to the stage in order to avoid overcrowding. Still, there was plenty of room for the most dedicated fans. 

18 hours ago, with_tired_eyes said:

We have these things at major german festivals in front of the main stages to avoid crowd accidents. It usually works that you have an entrance at one side and the exit on the other. If it's full, it's full and you have to stand behind them. So it's possible that you can't enter the front rows if you are not there early enough. That leads to the effect that you have many people waiting for their favourite band hours before they play.

ps. english site for that: https://madcoolfestival.es/en/tickets-conditions.php

Thank you for the english version. They posted a tweet in spanish on saturday about it.

19 hours ago, zbo said:

A lot of festivals have relatively narrow pathways between the larger open areas of the site, so they can deal with rare situations where open air stages are getting crowded.

I've usually seen them in action when there's a lot of movement just before/after a big band, so one way systems can be introduced, but on a couple of occasions I've seen whole sections closed off.

I can't imagine this will be an issue here, as there's so many big acts that the crowd is bound to be shared around :)

1 hour ago, clasher said:

Oh yes - what's the payment system - based on this coupons? :(

And why is "mini" version of a drink two or three times more expensive than the regular one?

1mads=1€? 1BTC? :D

Really interested in this as well. I really don't like having to buy small bits of plastic to pay for drinks.

6 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Really interested in this as well. I really don't like having to buy small bits of plastic to pay for drinks.

"Mini" is a big plastic glass containing aprox. 750 ml. It´s the usual name in Madrid, in other parts of Spain is also known as "Cachi".

Edited by bardieru
  • Upvote 1

In the first year you paid with tokens or on your wristband, but it seems last year it was just cash and card. Not sure what they will be doing this year. I don't usually like token systems, but I would be ok with a wristband one if it worked well. Less stuff to carry at a hot festival!

6 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

The price of flight tickets from the U.K. to Madrid will increase a lot after this announcement. Mad Cool looks like Glastonbury compared to this

yeah especially for money value..r&L costs more than 250 £, add traveling and cost of food and drinks there and you get to pay a shitload of money for a poor lineup

Got to be the worst R&L line up I can remember, especially when people were expecting Foos and/or Arctics. 

Even if you took 4 acts from Mad Cools Thursday and had Pearl Jam, Kasabian and Tame Impala/Post Malone I think it would be better received :lol:not to mention the other two days.

• Upvote 1