Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

Alright, updated the clashfinder y'all, let me know what you'd change. I placed Kaleo as last act because 3th stage got a bit full and I think there might be an act after NiN on the first mainstage, but let me know ofc :) 
The Last Internationale > Fleet Foxes > Pearl Jam > Kasabian
FIDLAR > Tame Impala > Eels
with MGMT, Yo La Tengo and Leon Bridges on the 3th stage

Marmozets > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Alice In Chains
Black Pistol Fire > Franz Ferdinand > Snow Patrol > At The Drive In
with The White Buffalo, James Bay, Kevin Morby and Perfume Genius on the 3th stage

Wolf Alice > Jack Johnson > Depeche Mode > Kaleo (?)
BRMCC > Portugal. The Man > QOTSA > Nine Inch Nails
with Future Islands, Kase.O, Rag 'N Bone Man and Glass Animals on the 3th stage

With everything MC has pulled out so far, I'm hoping they pull out another big electronic name though I think Richie Hawtin will be the big electronic name with his CLOSE show!

https:///s/mcf18

Thanks for updating :)

Just one I noticed missing was Toundra, not sure where they'd go but they got a good reaction to being announced in the Spanish forum.

Must've missed Toundra, been putting the Spanish acts so far at the 6th and 7th stage with the exception of Kase.O ofcourse, though I reckon it's probably more of a mix when the real schedule comes around. 

Yep, it's been pointed out a few times regarding MGMT that they could go right after PJ. I'll change it, so Eels can have a longer set (though clashing with Tame Impala is also not gonna happen I think..)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, arcuse said:

Alright, updated the clashfinder y'all, let me know what you'd change. I placed Kaleo as last act because 3th stage got a bit full and I think there might be an act after NiN on the first mainstage, but let me know ofc :) 

Thanks for making it. I don't think Odesza will clash with Arctic Monkeys though. Arctic Monkeys will attract second biggest crowd after Pearl Jam and I don't think Odesza will want that time-slot. They are before Eminem at Coachella and on first spot of second line in Firefly. They will probably have a slot before AM or after AM

48 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Another mate has decided to come to this now. Anyone know if tickets are definitely resellable, and if so where would be best to look for one?

They're still selling the packs for 195 Euro I think that'd be the best bet as you can be sure he'd get in 

2 hours ago, arcuse said:

The Last Internationale > Fleet Foxes > Pearl Jam > Kasabian
FIDLAR > Tame Impala > Eels
with MGMT, Yo La Tengo and Leon Bridges on the 3th stage

Marmozets > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Alice In Chains
Black Pistol Fire > Franz Ferdinand > Snow Patrol > At The Drive In
with The White Buffalo, James Bay, Kevin Morby and Perfume Genius on the 3th stage

Wolf Alice > Jack Johnson > Depeche Mode > Kaleo (?)
BRMCC > Portugal. The Man > QOTSA > Nine Inch Nails
with Future Islands, Kase.O, Rag 'N Bone Man and Glass Animals on the 3th stage

With everything MC has pulled out so far, I'm hoping they pull out another big electronic name though I think Richie Hawtin will be the big electronic name with his CLOSE show!

https:///s/mcf18

I'd be surprised if Rag n Bone man ends up on the fourth stage given he's on the second line of the poster- perhaps swap him with Portugal. The Man? 

49 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I'd be surprised if Rag n Bone man ends up on the fourth stage given he's on the second line of the poster- perhaps swap him with Portugal. The Man? 

Yeah, I know.. I put 'm there because he'd be a good counter for people who're not into DM and wanna see a big radio name and put PtM on the second mainstage because they're a huge buzz right now + they wouldn't that much as a counter program against DM (and I don't think Kase.O is gonna clash with DM so that only left Rag 'N Bone Man as option). 

Changed ODESZA to: Young Fathers > ODESZA > Bloody Beetroots (they still clash a bit with AM but yeah..)

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

Yeah, I know.. I put 'm there because he'd be a good counter for people who're not into DM and wanna see a big radio name and put PtM on the second mainstage because they're a huge buzz right now + they wouldn't that much as a counter program against DM (and I don't think Kase.O is gonna clash with DM so that only left Rag 'N Bone Man as option). 

Changed ODESZA to: Young Fathers > ODESZA > Bloody Beetroots (they still clash a bit with AM but yeah..)

I think one of Wolf Alice or BRMC will go against Depeche Mode. Wolf Alice work as a more contemporary act, and BRMC work for people who are into QOTSA/NIN but will want a heavier alternative to Depeche Mode. Think we're being a little too optimistic with the clashes on here. Defo see one of MGMT/Justice being against Pearl Jam on the Thursday, too.

For the Thursday I could see something like:

Main/2nd Stage: ??? > The Last Internationale > FIDLAR > Fleet Foxes > Tame Impala > Pearl Jam > Kasabian > Japandroids

Washed Out > MGMT on the 3rd/4th stages during Pearl Jam, Justice on the electronic stage opposite Kasabian (Massive Attack are on after the headliners on Friday so I'm hoping all the electronic stage headliners will be).

Could Eels be on the main stages? Dunno anything about em. If so I'd probs shove TLI forward to the first act and slot Eels in there.

Edit: I also think Jack White will be on the 2nd stage before AM same as QOTSA are on Saturday.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

2 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Why would co headliners be on different stages though? Both AM/Jack White and Depeche Mode/QOTSA have close audiences.

The two main stages don't overlap, they alternate, and there's a half hour gap before the headliner on the main stage because there's always some kind of performance. Bar Tool apparently confirmed that Saturday will go Jack Johnson > QOTSA > Depeche Mode > NIN on the two main stages, I assume the same will happen on Friday.

• Upvote 1

Friday I see something like:

Main/2nd: ??? > James Bay > Snow Patrol > Franz Ferdinand > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Alice in Chains > Marmozets

ATDI on 3rd stage and Odesza on electronic stage opposite AM, Massive Attack opposite Alice in Chains, Sampha and Perfume Genius on 3rd/4th stages at peak times, too.

Hopefully I'm wrong on ATDI and they play on one of the two main stages but they seem an obvious clash with AM.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The two main stages don't overlap, they alternate, and there's a half hour gap before the headliner on the main stage because there's always some kind of performance. Bar Tool apparently confirmed that Saturday will go Jack Johnson > QOTSA > Depeche Mode > NIN on the two main stages, I assume the same will happen on Friday.

Thanks for the info. That 30 min gap is great because Jack White ends his concerts by Seven Nation Army and I don't want to miss it to get a better spot for Arctic Monkeys on the other stage

Sunday I got:

Main/2nd: Rival Sons > Rag'n'Bone Man > Wolf Alice > Jack Johnson > QOTSA > Depeche Mode > NIN > Kaleo

BRMC on 3rd stage opposite Depeche Mode, with Kase.O, Future Islands, Glass Animals and Portugal. The Man also on 3rd/4th stages during peak times, Hawtin on electronic opposite NIN, with Daniel Avery on beforehand and The Black Madonna closing the stage.

That's quite a few decent sized acts I've listed for the 3rd/4th stages there. Maybe Kase.O could be on the electronic stage; I know you sometimes get hip-hop acts in dance tents at festivals.

Reckon you could swap Wolf Alice with p much any of those 3rd/4th stage acts, mind.

Realised that through all this MGMT are the only second line act who I've not put on the two main stages so maybe they will be, but idk.

3 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Thanks for making it. I don't think Odesza will clash with Arctic Monkeys though. Arctic Monkeys will attract second biggest crowd after Pearl Jam and I don't think Odesza will want that time-slot. They are before Eminem at Coachella and on first spot of second line in Firefly. They will probably have a slot before AM or after AM

Absolute garbage. Not a band in the world would attract bigger crowds than AM at this point.

• Downvote 5