Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

28 minutes ago, bluenova said:

I had a look at the weather last year and the weekend of the festival was well below normal (mid 20s instead of early 30s) - I think someone said it was horrendously wet too.

BUT the weekend after (the date the festival is going to be on this year), the weather was around 40 Celsius, so I wouldn't worry too much about that photo :)

Aha one extreme to another. Good to know though, cheers!

I'm sure there will be lots of nice places to visit in the day (that aren't completely exposed to that heat) and then hopefully the temperature will be perfect once the festival gets going in the evening :)

27 minutes ago, evilduck said:

I hope it doesn't reach 40! That would be awful too. I was at Eurockeennes one year when the temp averaged about 38 each day and you basically couldn't do anything until the sun went down.

It's one of the good things about Spanish festivals starting early evening as it gets dark, but is still reasonably warm, and not so much direct sun.

40 is far too much though - I'd probably hide indoors till midnight ;)

Since the festival takes place from 5 till 5, I wouldn't worry a lot about the weather since the big heat (if there is) will be long gone by then. I reckon it'll still be around 20/25ish at night tho if it's that hot during the day which seems more than fine to me.

Edited by arcuse

2 hours ago, bluenova said:

It's one of the good things about Spanish festivals starting early evening as it gets dark, but is still reasonably warm, and not so much direct sun.

40 is far too much though - I'd probably hide indoors till midnight ;)

Eurocks is the same, first bands are on around 4-5pm. It was tough for the first few hours!

Will Mad Cool have saved loads by not having bands as exclusives? They seem to have reinvested it in the lineup and by announcing them first and getting your ticket sales in seems pretty smart.

PJ, AM, JW, Justice, David Byrne just off the top of my head playing multiple Spanish shows or fests in the time frame.

892BB4D1-C4D2-4360-8951-053504C09B27.jpeg

17 hours ago, bluenova said:

I think someone said it was horrendously wet too.

I only went for the Friday last year and it hammered down all day. I got to the festival around 6pm and finally the sun broke through in spells but it remained dry, thankfully. Listening to the locals say that this weather was very strange for this time of year didn't help much, the last thing you expect from a festival in Madrid in July is the need to take a poncho!

One saving grace is that the entire festival was decked out in fake grass (which you can see in the above picture) which I've never seen before, but it was inspired. Does anyone know if the new site will be the same?

20 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Don't like the look of that sky.

NFR NFC

It rained every day last year, but cleared up in the evenings. I thought we were going to get soaked a few times, but it was ok.

When the festival opened on the Thursday evening it smashed it down with rain for an hour or so. The artificial grass was flooded in many areas and the rain played havoc with the electrics - the video screens at the main stage didn't work all night. The Lumineers were the first band on and they had their set cutback due to the late start. Luckily it cleared up and all was dry for the rest of the night.
I think this type of weather was most unusual for Madrid in the summer, so I'm hoping for better this year - 40°C might be a bit much though!

3 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

One saving grace is that the entire festival was decked out in fake grass (which you can see in the above picture) which I've never seen before, but it was inspired. Does anyone know if the new site will be the same?

I'm hoping so Sptfre - the artificial grass was lovely.

I imagine this has been asked before but I can’t be bothered to trawl through 93 pages, anyway, I’ve bought 4 weekend tickets for me and 3 friends on viagogo simply because they were at face value and it worked out cheaper than buying 3 individual day tickets. I’ve just looked at the downloadable tickets and they have names on from the original seller, so basically how strict are mad cool at resale of tickets? Any help is very much appreciated, cheers.

Apologies if this has been asked already but what sites have people been using for accommodation? Been looking on Airbnb but struggling to find somewhere decent (by decent i basically mean with terrace / balcony) for 7 people. Has anybody get any other website suggestions for me? 

13 hours ago, Abell201 said:

I imagine this has been asked before but I can’t be bothered to trawl through 93 pages, anyway, I’ve bought 4 weekend tickets for me and 3 friends on viagogo simply because they were at face value and it worked out cheaper than buying 3 individual day tickets. I’ve just looked at the downloadable tickets and they have names on from the original seller, so basically how strict are mad cool at resale of tickets? Any help is very much appreciated, cheers.

I had a similar problem but I bought tickets from ticketmaster instead of festicket and the tickets on ticketmaster does not have names on it. When I asked them about it they sent me a reply "The entries are not nominal. If your friend can not attend, you can re-admit the ticket to someone else." You can send them an email to info@madcool.es about it. Festicket's policies might be different.

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Apologies if this has been asked already but what sites have people been using for accommodation? Been looking on Airbnb but struggling to find somewhere decent (by decent i basically mean with terrace / balcony) for 7 people. Has anybody get any other website suggestions for me? 

Besides airbnb, check booking.com they have apartments too. VRBO,homeaway can be your other alternatives. Also, most local housing companies put the same house on each website and the prices may differ to each websites fees. You can check it googleing the house's license number

I am very happy with how Mad Cool Festival are handling their ticket sales after checking O Son do Camino Festival today. Their first poster had a quite good lineup for 39 Euros 3-day pass that they were saying in the announcement. They said the price will be between 39-59 Euros and then they increased the price up to 89 Euros+fees without announcing it before and now it is sold out. TicketEA's system was quite hard to log in as well. They put everyone in a random queue whether they log in on 10:00 or 10:10. Now all of their social media is full of complaints. It's crazy how they sold out this easily when Mad Cool's single day have more international artists than this festival and is at the same price.

image.thumb.png.be6975f603bd1012d519d3ccdf56c9ee.pngimage.png.f9158d812a94a95f3dab5ae1103230bf.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 08/02/2018 at 2:07 PM, ThisIsHappening said:

Bar Tool had originally said they’d release around 2,000 more 3-day passes closer to April or May, but that is far from definite at this point. 

Do you reckon there is any chance of this still happening?

18 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Might have missed this, are these the stage splits? 

20180307_121713.png

20180307_121752.png

Ads by Kiosked

20180307_121827.png

Na, this is just the poster in a different format on the website isn't it? It wouldn't fit with the info from Bar Tool on number of acts on each stage, nor the info on electronic tent headliners (nor the placement of electronic artists in general). 

Can anyone tell me if your own drinks (alcohol and water) and food are allowed in the festival, and how much were the drinks and food last year too please? 

Trying to make a budget and being able to take our own stuff in will help tremendously. 

TIA :-) 

Edited by mells