Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

On 2/13/2018 at 6:29 PM, OddRon said:

Can we get Childish Gambino off that Lovebox lineup please, gutted I'm in spain the first time in 3 years he's in the UK

Childish Gambino just got announced for BBK Live that is on the same weekend in Spain. It is now confirmed that he will not be in Mad Cool.

bbklive.jpg

Edited by birchtree29

9 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Childish Gambino just got announced for BBK Live that is on the same weekend in Spain. It is now confirmed that he will not be in Mad Cool.

bbklive.jpg

Aye I saw, gutting as I've always wanted to see him and the one week of the year I'm not in the Uk he comes to play and he's now confirmed for the wrong part of Spain, can't be too greedy though, glad we've got Tame Impala, Qotsa,Arctic Monkeys, Depeche Mode,MGMT,Eels and NIN rather than Noel Gallagher

13 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Aye I saw, gutting as I've always wanted to see him and the one week of the year I'm not in the Uk he comes to play and he's now confirmed for the wrong part of Spain, can't be too greedy though, glad we've got Tame Impala, Qotsa,Arctic Monkeys, Depeche Mode,MGMT,Eels and NIN rather than Noel Gallagher

Reckon there's no way any of these jumping over to Madrid? I've seen it before & would definitely take any of these headliners

Was hoping to wait until the buses from the festival came out before booking hotels but seeing as that was mid June last year I better start looking...

Does anyone who's been to Madrid before have a specific area to recommend please? At the minute we're booked in one called Ganivet which is Calle de Toledo, 111 - 113, 28005 Madrid  and Maps says it's around 20 minutes walk to Plaza Santa Ana that I've had recommended and Gran Via that I think I've seen on here?

We're there Wednesday to Monday so ideally somewhere with a good selection of bars and restaurants as there'll be a couple of days without the festival. I'm sure I can research things to do in the days, the El Rastro Market on Sundays looks like the perfect "Well we've done something for you" before I take the girlfriend to watch the World Cup Final somewhere :lol: Just don't want to end up walking round aimlessly in search of a decent place to eat/drink!

24 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Was hoping to wait until the buses from the festival came out before booking hotels but seeing as that was mid June last year I better start looking...

Does anyone who's been to Madrid before have a specific area to recommend please? At the minute we're booked in one called Ganivet which is Calle de Toledo, 111 - 113, 28005 Madrid  and Maps says it's around 20 minutes walk to Plaza Santa Ana that I've had recommended and Gran Via that I think I've seen on here?

We're there Wednesday to Monday so ideally somewhere with a good selection of bars and restaurants as there'll be a couple of days without the festival. I'm sure I can research things to do in the days, the El Rastro Market on Sundays looks like the perfect "Well we've done something for you" before I take the girlfriend to watch the World Cup Final somewhere :lol: Just don't want to end up walking round aimlessly in search of a decent place to eat/drink!

On 25.1.2018 at 10:32 AM, berger55 said:

Malasaña & Chueca are good areas for some pre-festivals drinks. For the festival you can take the Train C1 to Valdebebas or a metro, back they should provide shuttle buses. AFAIK there isn't a metro at night (last maybe 01.00). Direct trains to Valdebebas running from Recoletos or a stop earlier is Atocha. If you stay somewhere between it shouldn't be a problem to get to the festival. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, berger55 said:

Malasaña & Chueca are good areas for some pre-festivals drinks. For the festival you can take the Train C1 to Valdebebas or a metro, back they should provide shuttle buses. AFAIK there isn't a metro at night (last maybe 01.00). Direct trains to Valdebebas running from Recoletos or a stop earlier is Atocha. If you stay somewhere between it shouldn't be a problem to get to the festival. 

Thanks. I knew there were some on the back pages but your post was pre-Arctic Monkeys so there were a few pages to get through:lol:    I did do a bit of research earlier and both of those came up, and they're pretty close together by the looks of things.

2 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Thanks. I knew there were some on the back pages but your post was pre-Arctic Monkeys so there were a few pages to get through:lol:    I did do a bit of research earlier and both of those came up, and they're pretty close together by the looks of things.

You're welcome. Yeah I always recommend the same areas, last time there was fun time:). But also Barrio de las letras is good for some bars and restaurants. There you also can reach the train station (Atocha) for the direct line to Valdebebas easily by feet.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, berger55 said:

You're welcome. Yeah I always recommend the same areas, last time there was fun time:). But also Barrio de las letras is good for some bars and restaurants. There you also can reach the train station (Atocha) for the direct line to Valdebebas easily by feet.  

Great, cheers! With the festival being 3 days I suppose I could even go different areas different days, it's more for the daytime and the day either side but both of those seem like they're fairly lively. Should Spain end up in the Semis Wednesday and final Sunday, even better! :D

8 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Great, cheers! With the festival being 3 days I suppose I could even go different areas different days, it's more for the daytime and the day either side but both of those seem like they're fairly lively. Should Spain end up in the Semis Wednesday and final Sunday, even better! :D

Absolutely, if Spain play in the final, it will be crowded everywhere in Madrid :)

10 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Actually, if you´re staying at Calle Toledo, you´re really close to Barrio La Latina, which has plenty of restaurants and places to have a drink and a great atmosphere too. Just get to Plaza de la Cebada and Calle Cava Alta and all the streets near those.

• Upvote 1

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, alexlloyd said:

Calle De Toledo is in a good area, La Latina. Ace street there for tapas called Calle Cava Baja. Mega on a Sunday. I'll be there, attempting a beer in every bar ! Check out La Perejilla, Casa Lucas, La Concha, upstairs in El Viajero, Txirimiri is good, and Delic is close to here as well, brilliant food and cocktails.

As long as you're reasonably central and near a metro, anywhere is good.

Edited by Isco
Name wrong.
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Kyle95 said:

Hi I’m staying at apartamentos duque de alba does anyone if there is good nightlife/things to do round here and easy access to mad cool? :) 

Meet me halfway mate ! :lol:

Where is Duque De Alba ? Fuck it, I've Googled. You're in the same area as the guy above so just go with those recs.

If anyone is after weed, get the metro to Lavapies. Would imagine you'll pick up here no bother.

• Like 1

On 18/2/2018 at 6:41 PM, Kyle95 said:

Hi I’m staying at apartamentos duque de alba does anyone if there is good nightlife/things to do round here and easy access to mad cool? :) 

Plenty of things to do as you're surrounded by La latina, Lavapiés and Barrio de las letras, even sunday you can go to the flea market ( el Rastro).Madcool is not near where you are as is Northeast, very close to the airport just next to real madrid´s training grounds.I can recommend you el viajero in La latina is pretty well known.

On 16/02/2018 at 8:07 AM, bardieru said:

Actually, if you´re staying at Calle Toledo, you´re really close to Barrio La Latina, which has plenty of restaurants and places to have a drink and a great atmosphere too. Just get to Plaza de la Cebada and Calle Cava Alta and all the streets near those.

8 hours ago, Isco said:

Calle De Toledo is in a good area, La Latina. Ace street there for tapas called Calle Cava Baja. Mega on a Sunday. I'll be there, attempting a beer in every bar ! Check out La Perejilla, Casa Lucas, La Concha, upstairs in El Viajero, Txirimiri is good, and Delic is close to here as well, brilliant food and cocktails.

As long as you're reasonably central and near a metro, anywhere is good.

Thanks for the replies! I've kept that reservation as well as making one near Plaza Santa Ana, but sounds like Calle De Toledo might be the one to go for :)

17 hours ago, kagey said:

what's the deal with the VIP access, going off the previous site, is the size of the VIP area detrimental to standard ticket holders ?

From what I understand there are about 2,000 VIP passes a day, so it shouldn't be a huge area. I'm a bit surprised VIP didn't sell out faster given this lineup and the amount of potential conflicts. 

Just now, TomViolence said:

Don't like the look of that sky.

NFR NFC

I had a look at the weather last year and the weekend of the festival was well below normal (mid 20s instead of early 30s) - I think someone said it was horrendously wet too.

BUT the weekend after (the date the festival is going to be on this year), the weather was around 40 Celsius, so I wouldn't worry too much about that photo :)

11 minutes ago, bluenova said:

I had a look at the weather last year and the weekend of the festival was well below normal (mid 20s instead of early 30s) - I think someone said it was horrendously wet too.

BUT the weekend after (the date the festival is going to be on this year), the weather was around 40 Celsius, so I wouldn't worry too much about that photo :)

I hope it doesn't reach 40! That would be awful too. I was at Eurockeennes one year when the temp averaged about 38 each day and you basically couldn't do anything until the sun went down.