Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Got to be the worst R&L line up I can remember, especially when people were expecting Foos and/or Arctics. 

Even if you took 4 acts from Mad Cools Thursday and had Pearl Jam, Kasabian and Tame Impala/Post Malone I think it would be better received :lol:not to mention the other two days.

Even Mad Cool's first announcement poster was much better than this :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EamerRed said:

Yeah that Reading fiasco has tempted me towards this.

If you were to Airbnb it, do you know how accessible this site is from towards the centre of Madrid? Not sure if you'd be missing out by being out of the mix of the festival in terms of accommodation?

Mad Cool is in a new location called Espacio Mad Cool near Barajas airport. https://goo.gl/maps/Qp3tVEkr4PE2 There will be shuttles during each day as well but it is not announced yet. Last year they made the announcement in june. https://www.instagram.com/p/BVSS_PejJuM/?taken-by=madcoolfestival There is a metro station near the festival. It will be open during the festival but not when festival ends at 4 am. Metro closes at midnight. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Mad Cool is in a new location called Espacio Mad Cool near Barajas airport. https://goo.gl/maps/Qp3tVEkr4PE2 There will be shuttles during each day as well but it is not announced yet. Last year they made the announcement in june. https://www.instagram.com/p/BVSS_PejJuM/?taken-by=madcoolfestival There is a metro station near the festival. It will be open during the festival but not when festival ends at 4 am. Metro closes at midnight. 

Do you just have this ready to copy & paste? I can't remember the amount of times this question has come up in the last few weeks!

Beat me to it, but I was just going to copy and paste one of the previous responses too. R&L is laughable this year. No way they can justify the price of £220 with FOB being outright headliners and P!ATD being a co-headliner. Something has gone massively wrong for them this year and I will be astonished if they sell out (even after selling out for the past 5/6 years).

55 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Do you just have this ready to copy & paste? I can't remember the amount of times this question has come up in the last few weeks!

35 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Beat me to it, but I was just going to copy and paste one of the previous responses too. R&L is laughable this year. No way they can justify the price of £220 with FOB being outright headliners and P!ATD being a co-headliner. Something has gone massively wrong for them this year and I will be astonished if they sell out (even after selling out for the past 5/6 years).

Apologies :unsure:

On 6.2.2018 at 10:53 PM, birchtree29 said:

Bar Tool (community manager of mad cool) have said a month ago that the number of artists in each stage  will be 4 4 6 7 7 8 8 which adds up to 44

Right now Thursday has 34, Friday has 37, Saturday has 36 artists which leaves 10 for Thursday, 7 for Friday and 8 for Sunday. Those add up to 25 new additions.

Bar Tool also have said 4 bands/artists from the band contest will be on the lineup each day so 25-12=13 artists left

2 more bands/artists from the band contest at Nos alive will also be added which bring it down to 11.

If they have brought it down to 40 bands per day, than there will not be any more additions besides the bands/artists from the contest but if it is 44 artists per day, then we might get another announcement for the last group of additions. Last year Manic Street Preachers and George Ezra were added 28 April.

Just want to quote this as an answer.

1 hour ago, Joshua Homme said:

Guys, the lineup is 'complete'.

The only bands missing will come out from a talent contest that will allow its winners to play at both MC and NOS Alive. So don't expect any known name to join the lineup.

Says who? There are around 15 ish bands tba excluding the local talent contest winners etc, which was pointed out already by someone on here a few pages back.

Edited by arcuse

28 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Says who? There are around 15 ish bands tba excluding the local talent contest winners etc, which was pointed out already by someone on here a few pages back.

I do.

Well, while there's no official confirmation, Bar Tool mentioned multiple times that they wanted to have their lineup announced (excluding talents) by the end of January.  As they posponed one announcement for a week they ended up doing the final announcements within the first week of Februrary, matching what he initally said.

Though it's true that he mentioned months ago that they would be having a total of 130 and 106(actual number)+12(local talents)+2(NOS) makes it 120, they could have decreased their prediction. Bear in mind that when he said such figure they hadn't yet locked up a few % of the bands, plus the initial prediction was 140, but was cut down in order to match time demands from bands.

Also, some user from foroazkena that has a connection with Bar mentioned that this is just what's left, quoting "a source, you might guess". Not to mention there's pretty much no spots left for a 10,5h/day music festival and it wouldn't make much sense to add even more bands to this.

Anyone else feel really smug after seeing the Reading and Leeds Lineup? I went every year from 2004-12 and for a tenth time in 2015 but it's definitely not targeted at me anymore, but then I am 32 now. Thank god for awesome European festivals like Mad Cool and Nos.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Rock Werchter just added The Killers as a headliner. They will probably be the biggest competitor of Mad Cool this year. I prefer Mad Cool's lineup though because of Tame Impala, Justice and Depeche Mode especially.

https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/line-up

I saw Depeche Mode three times in 2017. At London Stadium, Nos and Manchester Arena. They will be band of the weekend for me.

3 hours ago, OddRon said:

It's just fun to wish, We know the lineup is probably full but there's so many festivals that week it's fun to speculate and wish, we realise there's no room for the acts we're asking for

Ok, sorry for not being fun and answering to those that don't actually know the info. Totally reasonable to downvote posts with information due to disliking its content :huh: -just quoting the message to use it as background, not necessarily refering to you

Edited by Joshua Homme
  • Upvote 1