Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Probably they distributed few 3days passes and preferred to have bigger availability of daily passes to have more funds - they will eventually sell out. Harder to end 50k of tickets than 20k of those, IMO

You are probably right. Also I just checked Nos Alive's daily tickets are 73 Euros while Mad Cool's daily tickets are 94 Euros.

3 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Probably they distributed few 3days passes and preferred to have bigger availability of daily passes to have more funds - they will eventually sell out. Harder to end 50k of tickets than 20k of those, IMO

They actually sold more 3-day tickets than planned initially due to one of the ticket platforms selling more (was it Festicket with their discount?) - and although I can't remember the exact number it was quite big. It surprises me too they haven't sold out the day tickets yet - even buying 3 separate day tickets sets you back 300€ which is still reasonable for that lineup.

33 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Potentially but there is no guarantee of it.

I hope they do not; I mean, I dropped 300 euros fearing a sold out of the daily pass - I'd be angry af if they release more 3days at 215-250 €, and I dont think to be the only one buying day tickets or VIP 3days because the 3days have expired...

Also, QUICK QUESTION: is there any reserved area in the first lanes of the Main Stage for VIP visitors?

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I hope they do not; I mean, I dropped 300 euros fearing a sold out of the daily pass - I'd be angry af if they release more 3days at 215-250 €, and I dont think to be the only one buying day tickets or VIP 3days because the 3days have expired...

Also, QUICK QUESTION: is there any reserved area in the first lanes of the Main Stage for VIP visitors?

Releasing another package of tickets which has been rumoured would decrease the chance of prices going insanely high on black market. And according to BarTool's comments that's exactly their point. 2000 more is not a lot anyway, so try to think of it as paying 50€ more just to be safe and not miss out... I mean if I was in your place I'd seriously consider buying separate day tickets even if it was confirmed that another package would go on sale.

The two main stages had half of the space fenced off and easier access for VIP ticket holders last year, I imagine this year will be similar.

1 minute ago, clasher said:

Releasing another package of tickets which has been rumoured would decrease the chance of prices going insanely high on black market. And according to BarTool's comments that's exactly their point. 2000 more is not a lot anyway, so try to think of it as paying 50€ more just to be safe and not miss out... I mean if I was in your place I'd seriously consider buying separate day tickets even if it was confirmed that another package would go on sale.

The two main stages had half of the space fenced off and easier access for VIP ticket holders last year, I imagine this year will be similar.

I dunno, it makes sense-ish but I think that 2000 tickets can hold at least for a day, so yeah, generally speaking it makes sense, in my case nope. On the other hand I'm more relaxed now I decided for Mad Cool in place of Werchter, so I decided that those money I spent was for it ahahah

Is that space big? Like, I mean, does it impact on your experience of the concert compared to another fest who doesn't have this VIP Area? I dont want to be in the front line to any single act, but I guess that being restricted to a space is pretty much of a downer (?)

@Yelo, the Parmiggiana Thing is - this year the festival is moving to a new and bigger site, so we can't really know anything. There were logistical problems last year, which is down to the festival being really young I suppose. So far we have reasons to believe they have learned from it, selling less tickets than max capacity and expanding the site. How big the VIP space will be - I guess - depends on the number of VIP tickets sold. I don't think they will pack GA ticket holders too much while leaving VIP half empty, but as said before - we know nothing for sure.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, clasher said:

@Yelo, the Parmiggiana Thing is - this year the festival is moving to a new and bigger site, so we can't really know anything. There were logistical problems last year, which is down to the festival being really young I suppose. So far we have reasons to believe they have learned from it, selling less tickets than max capacity and expanding the site. How big the VIP space will be - I guess - depends on the number of VIP tickets sold. I don't think they will pack GA ticket holders too much while leaving VIP half empty, but as said before - we know nothing for sure.

For some reason I've got it in my head that there were 500 VIP tickets last year and they have increased that this year (possibly to 1000). I don't know where I got this from and there's always the chance that I'm just going senile, but last year the VIP tickets sold out before the standard 3 day tickets. This year it's been the other way round, so maybe some evidence that this is true?
Of course, the new site means none of us has really got a clue what the setup will be.

23 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

Welcome!

Exact details for transport have not yet been confirmed but from the information we've gathered the Mad Cool promoters are working with the local authorities to provide shuttle services either by bus or metro. 

The exact location is here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Espacio+Mad+Cool/@40.477792,-3.6243046,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0xd422e8a98ade3af:0x10c3e76de5ba8b81!8m2!3d40.4777879!4d-3.6221159

Nearby there are a couple of metro stations and the main airport. A few people here have booked accommodation nearby to the venue and will be travelling into the centre and others have booked accommodation in the centre of the city and will be travelling to/from the festival using public transport.

The site is brand new as it has relocated for this year and will be laid out similar to that displayed below.

mad-cool-30-10-17.jpg

More news / info can be found here: https://madcoolfestival.es/archivo_noticias.php

Otherwise, there's a lot of helpful people in here too.

Thnx Andrew Smith, you've been a great help!

On 07/02/2018 at 5:56 PM, AndrewSmith said:

Welcome!

Exact details for transport have not yet been confirmed but from the information we've gathered the Mad Cool promoters are working with the local authorities to provide shuttle services either by bus or metro. 

The exact location is here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Espacio+Mad+Cool/@40.477792,-3.6243046,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0xd422e8a98ade3af:0x10c3e76de5ba8b81!8m2!3d40.4777879!4d-3.6221159

Nearby there are a couple of metro stations and the main airport. A few people here have booked accommodation nearby to the venue and will be travelling into the centre and others have booked accommodation in the centre of the city and will be travelling to/from the festival using public transport.

The site is brand new as it has relocated for this year and will be laid out similar to that displayed below.

mad-cool-30-10-17.jpg

More news / info can be found here: https://madcoolfestival.es/archivo_noticias.php

Otherwise, there's a lot of helpful people in here too.

I hope the actual site is bigger than that. It looks smaller than Nos site which holds 50000 and suffers from a lot of overcrowding 

8 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I hope the actual site is bigger than that. It looks smaller than Nos site which holds 50000 and suffers from a lot of overcrowding 

I thought that the mad cool site was bigger than Nos.. Isn't it? I don't have a precise idea of how big Nos is, because when I went there last summer, daily ticket, I stayed in the front crowd almost the whole time so I didn't have much time to explore the site..

Anyway, I think that Nos has sold out on the 14th already, 1st bc people buy a lot of tickets during xmas and Portuguese people overall went nuts when Pearl Jam joined the line up, and 2nd lots of tickets are bought by people who don't want to go to the festival, but only to sell them at a higher price.... It's really really common around here in Portuguese festivals... I think this happens around the world, but I can only speak for my country..

Can't wait for Mad Cool :)

Btw, MGMT's new album comes out tomorrow!! I'm really excited, so far the singles they have released are so cool, so 80s!!!!!

Dour adds: Soulwax, Beth Ditto, Slowdive, BRNS, Angèle, Baxter Dury, Moses Boyd, BADBADNOTGOOD, Big Boi, Yung Lean, Diplo, Dave Clarke, Robert Hood, Boys Noize, KOKOKO!, Wizkid, Tshegue, Lomepal, Biffty & DJ Weedim, Âme II Âme, Kollektiv Turmstrasse, Boris Brejcha live, Noisia dj set feat. 2Shy, Jon Hopkins live, Hungry 5 (feat. Worakls, N’to & Joachim Pastor), Ross From Friends, Macky Gee feat. IC3 and  Killbox (Ed Rush + Audio) feat. 2Shy

Oh man, would love to see Soulwax, Slowdive, Âme II Âme, Boris Brejcha and Robert Hood to get added from this list! 

There are 11 new names to join the bill of Rock Werchter 2018. Ben Howard, James Bay, Alice In Chains, At The Drive In, The Vaccines, Stone Sour, George Ezra, Anne-Marie, PVRIS, IAMDDB and JP Cooper have been added to the line-up.

I am very interested how Rock Werchter's complete lineup will differ from Mad Cool. Right now, they have the same headliners except they have Gorillaz instead of Depeche Mode. 

https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/line-up

2 hours ago, zbo said:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/

they have put a countdown ending thursday 17:00 pm UK time, probably announcing reunion, tour and album..could they be the final surprise?

Last year Manic Street Preachers and George Ezra were added on 28th of April as final additions. We might get a few late additions this year too.

55 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Last year Manic Street Preachers and George Ezra were added on 28th of April as final additions. We might get a few late additions this year too.

2017 line-up should have been completed on February 20th, but Jet cancelled their appearance last minute before the announcement. In the end Wolf Alice cancelled their show too, so organizers put time to find some replacements.
I think it was the only reason for the late announcement.

On 2/8/2018 at 10:04 PM, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I have bought two single day ticket and one VIP for the day of Arctic Monkeys and Jack White, I would be mad and not cool if they release more 3 days ticket.

I believe there is the reserved VIP area, I just afraid it is isolated from the huge crowd and be sparsely populated.