Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

23 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

We never got a hint and announcement on the same day. I think we will get the announcement tomorrow. 

120 min x 11= 1320 min = 22 hours from that tweet which is 12:30 tomorrow Madrid time. 

Maybe it's because they want to announce today und didn't work on sundays. AM was announced on a monday too, without any announcement of the announcement.

41 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Maybe it's because they want to announce today und didn't work on sundays. AM was announced on a monday too, without any announcement of the announcement.

The reason AM was announced on Monday was Arctic Monkeys wanted to announce their own tour first on their own website since they were ending a 4 year hiatus. Mad Cool made the announcement after AM did and they could’ve post a hint on sunday since Best Kept Secret and Opener posted a hint for AM on sunday. I guess they counted “0114” tweet that they have deleted before as a hint for AM. 

This is different since it is an announcement only for Mad Cool. They might share a big artist with other european festivals which they will all announce tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

The reason AM was announced on Monday was Arctic Monkeys wanted to announce their own tour first on their own website since they were ending a 4 year hiatus. Mad Cool made the announcement after AM did and they could’ve post a hint on sunday since Best Kept Secret and Opener posted a hint for AM on sunday. I guess they counted “0114” tweet that they have deleted before as a hint for AM. 

This is different since it is an announcement only for Mad Cool. They might share a big artist with other european festivals which they will all announce tomorrow. 

Unfortunately you were right. Since Lolla Paris announces tomorrow, we might get some acts from there, too. But I thought there were only small names to comes...

Now that would be too easy ;)

I've no idea, but lets face it, in amongst the comments for the tweets/fb posts there is probably someone dismissing just about every possible band. Maybe it's one of them.

Or maybe the 120x11 wasn't tomorrow at 11.30.

Or maybe it's referring to people thinking that it meant 11 names in 2 hours.

Or maybe they're just messing with our heads.

Some people suggesting more electronic acts, which would be nice. Anybody got anyone they'd particularly like to see? Considering they've had the likes of Moderat, Trentmoller, SBTRKT, Flume, Caribou and Digitalism over the past couple of years, hopefully we'll get some decent names added today. I'm hoping for a bit of Floating Points myself, seems to be doing a few festivals this summer. Bonobo would also go down well with a cold drink in the late afternoon sun.

I'd love to see Bonobo but he's already doing Sonar so I'd imagine it to be unlikely (like with Floating Points at Primavera). 

Paul Kalkbrenner could be added based on touring dates. I'd love Modeselektor but I'm sure they're already on Sonar bill too.