Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 hour ago, MattyFTM said:

Can anyone recommend any other areas to try for a hotel in as opposed to Valdebebas that aren't too far away and have easy transport links? 

Cheers.

There are none at Valdebebas, some airport hotels are the closest possibility. But I recommend to stay in the centre of Madrid ant go there by train/metro.

Malasaña & Chueca are good areas for some pre-festivals drinks. For the festival you can take the Train C1 to Valdebebas or a metro, back they should provide shuttle buses. AFAIK there isn't a metro at night (last maybe 01.00). Direct trains to Valdebebas running from Recoletos or a stop earlier is Atocha. If you stay somewhere between it shouldn't be a problem to get to the festival. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone staying in Madrid on Sunday night, I have a challenge for you. A drink in every tapas bar on Calle Cava Baja (near La Latina metro, less than 10 mins walk from Sol. Start about 1pm. Casa Lucas, La Concha & La Perejilla are my favourites. Txirimiri and Delic are in that area too and they are both mega.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bluenova said:

So, are we expecting a final announcement Monday, or will end of the month be a painful Wednesday wait?

Still another 55 names potentially too.

Seems a lot, but do we reckon there'll be plenty of Spanish bands and DJs to fill that number out, or more festival filler?

Nothing is certain but community manager of Mad Cool said that the complete lineup will be available until the end of the month. We will probably get Arctic Monkeys announcement on Monday but I am not sure if we will wait until Wednesday to get the full lineup.

When they said they will announce 14 artists+1 headliner last week, they were quite great artists, so I expect some similar artists especially for the Electronica stage.