Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

7 minutes ago, polnico said:

I know that the lineup is already awesome, but do you think that Royal Blood could end up playing there? They didn't play last year, even though they played quite a few gigs in that area at that time. It'd be a great addition, and they haven't announced any tour dates at that time of the year yet.

Looking at the clashfinder that was made by arcuse (few pages back in this thread), I would say there's little room for an act of that size. Otherwise some acts might end up on smaller stages than they deserve. 

15 minutes ago, polnico said:

I know that the lineup is already awesome, but do you think that Royal Blood could end up playing there? They didn't play last year, even though they played quite a few gigs in that area at that time. It'd be a great addition, and they haven't announced any tour dates at that time of the year yet.

Ruled out by Bar Tool.

There were talks of it coming tomorrow. I guess AM will be announcing a bunch of dates at once, so I'm sure, whatever day it's announced, we'll hear of their Wertcher / Primavera dates before being confirmed by the usual Mad Cool announcements later in the day. 

Edited by JSmurphy

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

There were talks of it coming tomorrow. I guess AM will be announcing a bunch of dates at once, so I'm sure, whatever day it's announced, we'll hear of their Wertcher / Primavera dates before being confirmed by the usual Mad Cool announcements later in the day. 

Primavera is announcing the lineup on January 29, so I honestly don't expect AM to be announced for Mad Cool (or any other festival) before this date

On 1/19/2018 at 6:30 PM, Arabella said:

Sounds good, thanks!

We're actually planning on staying for a week, so we wanted something close to the centre since we'll have plenty of time to also visit the city. 

Is any of you staying there after the festival too? 

Sadly I'm flying back on Sunday evening. I was pleasantly surprised by Madrid during my first visit last year. Really loved the city and would love to have a bit more time to sightsee again but it's back to work on the Monday. Which will be "interesting".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arabella said:

Primavera is announcing the lineup on January 29, so I honestly don't expect AM to be announced for Mad Cool (or any other festival) before this date

I think the logic goes the other way - Arctics are announcing next week so it seems unlikely they'll be at Primavera 

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think the logic goes the other way - Arctics are announcing next week so it seems unlikely they'll be at Primavera 

That's reasonable too. But I see people are pretty confident about their presence at Primavera, even though I didn't understand if this confidence is based on first-hand info or just guessing

2 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

Sadly I'm flying back on Sunday evening. I was pleasantly surprised by Madrid during my first visit last year. Really loved the city and would love to have a bit more time to sightsee again but it's back to work on the Monday. Which will be "interesting".

I did that after nos last year. Not making that mistake again. Booked off the monday and Tuesday today 

• Like 1

Does anyone remember - I think I read somewhere that another (small) package of tickets will become available again at some point in the future. The festival wants to limit black market and reselling at much higher prices or something along those lines it was if I remember correctly... Does anyone have any info on that? Thanks.

3 hours ago, clasher said:

Does anyone remember - I think I read somewhere that another (small) package of tickets will become available again at some point in the future. The festival wants to limit black market and reselling at much higher prices or something along those lines it was if I remember correctly... Does anyone have any info on that? Thanks.

I believe the community manager for Mad Cool had mentioned around 2,000 passes becoming available around April/May. With the quality of the lineup though and the number of potential conflicts, the $500 for VIP is pretty reasonable. 

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Hmm looks like no announcement today then.

I don't expect any new announcement until Arctic Monkeys makes their own announcement for a single or a tour like Jack White did. After Jack White's own announcement for his single, album and U.S. tour, all european festivals made the announcement on the same day. Jack White also made a facebook post about it:

New European festival dates announced:
Rock Werchter (Belgium) // July 7
Mad Cool Festival (Spain) // July 13
Nos Alive (Portugal) // July 14
Ilosaarirock Festival (Finland) // July 15

Mad Cool and other festivals like Rock Werchter are either waiting for Arctic Monkeys to make their own announcement first or are waiting a confirmation from AM's management. According to AM US fan page, Arctic Monkeys didn't have any control over U.S. festivals announcement schedule so they let Firefly to announce early.

The only thing that is certain is that (according to Bar Tool) we will have the last announcement in 9 days and we will see the full lineup at the end of January.

11 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

I don't expect any new announcement until Arctic Monkeys makes their own announcement for a single or a tour like Jack White did. After Jack White's own announcement for his single, album and U.S. tour, all european festivals made the announcement on the same day. Jack White also made a facebook post about it:

New European festival dates announced:
Rock Werchter (Belgium) // July 7
Mad Cool Festival (Spain) // July 13
Nos Alive (Portugal) // July 14
Ilosaarirock Festival (Finland) // July 15

Mad Cool and other festivals like Rock Werchter are either waiting for Arctic Monkeys to make their own announcement first or are waiting a confirmation from AM's management. According to AM US fan page, Arctic Monkeys didn't have any control over U.S. festivals announcement schedule so they let Firefly to announce early.

The only thing that is certain is that (according to Bar Tool) we will have the last announcement in 9 days and we will see the full lineup at the end of January.

There was a rumour that AM are dropping their European dates today. I don't think it's out of the question that they won't even have the album out before early-mid Summer fests, so I wouldn't be surprised by the tour announcement coming before an announcement of new music (like with Firefly).

Hey guys!

First timer here. I was just wondering, is there 100% going to be an mgmt and Justice clash like the clashfinder says or is that just tentative? and also will the electronic stage that justice are rumored to play on have a front row VIP section like on the two main stages?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ishatvum said:

Hey guys!

First timer here. I was just wondering, is there 100% going to be an mgmt and Justice clash like the clashfinder says or is that just tentative? and also will the electronic stage that justice are rumored to play on have a front row VIP section like on the two main stages?

Thanks!

Welcome. Not at all 100%. Some info has been confirmed (I think including Justice playing the electronic tent) but the rest is educated guesswork so I wouldn't worry about that clash just yet. I don't think the VIP section for that stage has been discussed but feels unlikely. 

On that point, do we know how this VIP section is expected to look? Will it perhaps be a joint section for the 2 stages in the far corner from the image? Or a separate area for each?

elias was very helpful and sent me some pictures of the VIP secion of stage 1 (old venue). The FOS area is split in the middle and the left part is only VIP and it seems to be easy to go in and out all the time. Great for people who often change between stage 1 & 2.

Edited by Bury420