Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

21 hours ago, danz026 said:

Absolute garbage. Not a band in the world would attract bigger crowds than AM at this point.

Metallica says hi. They just set record attendances at London 02 then broke their own record the following night. If Arctic Monkeys break that record on their tour I'll eat my own dick.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

I'm doing what I did last year. Staying in Gran Via. Mooching around in the city centre by the day and making my way to the festival in the evening via a few bars

3 hours ago, berger55 said:

Yeah that's good place to stay. North of Gran Via are the districts of Malasaña & Chueca, both full of bars and restaurants, recommended for some festival pre-drinks.

Sounds good, thanks!

We're actually planning on staying for a week, so we wanted something close to the centre since we'll have plenty of time to also visit the city. 

Is any of you staying there after the festival too? 

1 minute ago, moz4pm said:

Metallica says hi. They just set record attendances at London 02 then broke their own record the following night. If Arctic Monkeys break that record on their tour I'll eat my own dick.

Well I presume that's only because of the way their gig was set out (assuming the 360 setup allowed more seats to be used or more floor space). Plenty of acts have sold out the O2, presumably including Arctic Monkeys. If Arctic Monkeys tour this year and have a stage setup that allows more tickets to be sold than Metallica's did then they'll break the record probably.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Arabella said:

Sounds good, thanks!

We're actually planning on staying for a week, so we wanted something close to the centre since we'll have plenty of time to also visit the city. 

Is any of you staying there after the festival too? 

Yes :D We're stopping from the Wednesday to the Wednesday and have booked an apartment in Gran Via too. 

So excited for this :lol:

23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well I presume that's only because of the way their gig was set out (assuming the 360 setup allowed more seats to be used or more floor space). Plenty of acts have sold out the O2, presumably including Arctic Monkeys. If Arctic Monkeys tour this year and have a stage setup that allows more tickets to be sold than Metallica's did then they'll break the record probably.

it's irrelevant really, U2, Coldplay, Rolling Stones are all miles bigger than Arctic Monkeys, and that's before we get to pop acts.

Arctic Monkey's last tour wasn't in the top 10 of 2014, so the idea that they're suddenly now the biggest band in the world is utterly laughable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it's irrelevant really, U2, Coldplay, Rolling Stones are all miles bigger than Arctic Monkeys, and that's before we get to pop acts.

Arctic Monkey's last tour wasn't in the top 10 of 2014, so the idea that they're suddenly now the biggest band in the world is utterly laughable.

Yeah I disagreed with them being the biggest band in the world, but that Metallica thing meant nothing.

Do we think the fnac packs are gonna be "disponible en web" again? :D been refreshing the damn thing since another friend decided to go.

Our group will spend 3 days in Barcelona before the festival and then stay in Madrid until Monday to catch the finals.

Currently we have a flat reserved in Lavapies, but we'll have to change that anyway if the other friend comes too.

45 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Ok I accept those names. I don’t accept Pearl bloody Jam 

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Ok I accept those names. I don’t accept Pearl bloody Jam 

Because you don't watch from a global point of view mate... Take for exemple Global Citizen 2015 : Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé and Coldplay were openers for Pearl Jam. That means something... We should stop this debate which is a total non-sense x) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Looks like Grand Via is the place to be. I'm there too and it's good to hear that it's not far from bars etc...

If everything works out fine, the football semifinals and the final on sunday will be great - if goes this far. at NOS'16 the atmosphere at the games was as great as the festival. :D

Edited by with_tired_eyes
  • Upvote 1

Toundra sound right up my street. I've recently fallen back in love with FIDLAR so that's another two for what's already a stacked Thursday :o. Who are people hoping to catch? I haven't had a listen to even half of my unknowns and already I'm hoping to see:

Thursday:
FIDLAR, Fleet Foxes, Toundra, Tame Impala, Eels, Pearl Jam, MGMT, Japandroids, Kasabian, Justice.

Friday:
Marmozets, Franz Ferdinand, The Big Moon, Jack White, Snow Patrol, Arctic Monkeys, At The Drive-In, Massive Attack, Alice in Chains.

Saturday:
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Queens of the Stone Age, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Glass Animals. 

12 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Toundra sound right up my street. I've recently fallen back in love with FIDLAR so that's another two for what's already a stacked Thursday :o. Who are people hoping to catch? I haven't had a listen to even half of my unknowns and already I'm hoping to see:

Thursday:
FIDLAR, Fleet Foxes, Toundra, Tame Impala, Eels, Pearl Jam, MGMT, Japandroids, Kasabian, Justice.

Friday:
Marmozets, Franz Ferdinand, The Big Moon, Jack White, Snow Patrol, Arctic Monkeys, At The Drive-In, Massive Attack, Alice in Chains.

Saturday:
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Wolf Alice, Future Islands, Queens of the Stone Age, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Glass Animals. 

Haven't checked out any acts I didn't already know yet and I currently want to see...

Thu:

Pearl Jam, Tame Impala, Justice, MGMT, FIDLAR

Fri:

Arctic Monkeys, Jack White, Massive Attack, Franz Ferdinand, Alice in Chains, At the Drive-In, Perfume Genius, Sampha, Real Estate, Young Fathers, The Bloody Beetroots

Sat:

Depeche Mode, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Glass Animals, Wolf Alice, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Black Madonna, Daniel Avery

Thursday looking pretty thin on the ground for me compared to the other days, and I'll probably lose at least one of MGMT/Justice to Pearl Jam, but Pearl Jam, Justice and Tame Impala are three of my top priorities (praying that Justice don't clash with PJ). Never listened to Eels but everyone on here raves about them so they'll definitely be one of the first acts for me to check out.

Thu: Tame Impala, Justice, Pearl Jam, MGMT, Kasabian, Yo La Tengo, Washed Out, FIDLAR, Toundra, The last Internationale

Fri: Franz Ferdinand, Alice in Chains, Arctic Monkeys, Massive Attack, The Bloody Beetroots, Jack White

Sat: Rufus T. Firefly, Wolf Alice, QOTSA, Depeche Mode, BRMC, Kaleo, P.tM

Bolded are the "absolutely must must" sees, the rest fall in "must see/very interested" category, but would be certainly second choice if clashed with the bolded ones. I've (briefly) checked the whole lineup and found a number of interesting acts, and there's more to come... It's gonna be a busy weekend.

@Gucci Piggy Thursday for me is absolutely the most packed, whereas Saturday looks thin... Guess none of us would mind a little redistribution :D Fingers crossed for a gentle schedule.

Pearl Jam, Tame Impala, Kasabian, Justice, MGMT, Eels, Japandroids, Fidlar, Gold Panda 

Jack White, (Arctic Monkeys), Massive Attack, Perfume Genius, Marmozets, Jain, Young Fathers, The Big Moon 

Depeche Mode, QOTSA, NIN, Wolf Alice, BRMC, Frankie Cosmos, The Black Madonna, Hurray for the Riff Raff 

for me. 

This is the best lineup I have ever seen so it is really hard for me to decide this. Bolded are must sees.

Thursday: Tame Impala, Justice, Fleet Foxes, MGMT,Pearl Jam, Kasabian (if they don't conflict with Justice), Leon Bridges, Washed Out

Friday: Arctic Monkeys, Jack White, Franz Ferdinand, Odesza, Sofi Tukker, Real Estate, Ofenbach

Saturday: Jack Johnson, QOTSA, NIN, Depeche Mode, Glass Animals, Portugal The Man,  if they don't conflict: Kaleo, LP, Rag'N Bone Man, Richie Hawtin

Edited by birchtree29

I know that the lineup is already awesome, but do you think that Royal Blood could end up playing there? They didn't play last year, even though they played quite a few gigs in that area at that time. It'd be a great addition, and they haven't announced any tour dates at that time of the year yet.

Edited by polnico