Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Blimey - the last two pages are almost as pointless as the 5 pages that got sabotaged a few days back.

If someone thinks AM are the biggest band in the world, let them think it. Maybe to that person they ARE the biggest and best in the world. Personally I like AM but feel there are larger bands but would not slate anyone who disagrees. 

In the same breath I don't enjoy Pearl Jam as much but can equally see why people do and also understand how people could call them the biggest or best band in the world.

Everyone is different and who cares who draws the largest crowd? Mad Cool has 7 stages, everyone of these stages will have people watching the acts, it's not or never is all about 1 band.

Saturday is looking like my best day potentially with whats on offer but i know that I'll find something to watch at any given time on any given day. 

Whatever happens, whoever else is announced, I'm happy already! See you in Madrid Amigos 

19 hours ago, arcuse said:

Alright, updated the clashfinder y'all, let me know what you'd change. I placed Kaleo as last act because 3th stage got a bit full and I think there might be an act after NiN on the first mainstage, but let me know ofc :) 
The Last Internationale > Fleet Foxes > Pearl Jam > Kasabian
FIDLAR > Tame Impala > Eels
with MGMT, Yo La Tengo and Leon Bridges on the 3th stage

Marmozets > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Alice In Chains
Black Pistol Fire > Franz Ferdinand > Snow Patrol > At The Drive In
with The White Buffalo, James Bay, Kevin Morby and Perfume Genius on the 3th stage

Wolf Alice > Jack Johnson > Depeche Mode > Kaleo (?)
BRMCC > Portugal. The Man > QOTSA > Nine Inch Nails
with Future Islands, Kase.O, Rag 'N Bone Man and Glass Animals on the 3th stage

With everything MC has pulled out so far, I'm hoping they pull out another big electronic name though I think Richie Hawtin will be the big electronic name with his CLOSE show!

https:///s/mcf18

In terms of times/stages I'm assuming the clashfinder is guesswork?

20 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Do we know when we might expect MC to release more general information (times, travel etc) about the fest? There's precious little on their website, which for a first-timer like myself isn't great!

I think they said full poster would be out End of January/start of February, then would start to look at getting timetables out 

bar tool said it yonks ago, no idea what page or thread 

25 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Do we know when we might expect MC to release more general information (times, travel etc) about the fest? There's precious little on their website, which for a first-timer like myself isn't great!

Last year, the website was a nightmare! Ended up getting most practical info from people in the forums!

Are Spanish festivals/fesitval-goers generally quite partisan? I know we had a bit of trouble with those lads writing nonsense but in general?

I popped over to the Primavera thread as I was sent a - presumably - fake line up poster for Primavera (which would blow Mad Cool out of the water for me). I wanted to see if there was any truth to it but those guys seem really hung-up about Mad Cool.

Finances aside - if you liked both festivals wouldn't you go to both rather than sticking to your guns? 

12 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

Are Spanish festivals/fesitval-goers generally quite partisan? I know we had a bit of trouble with those lads writing nonsense but in general?

I popped over to the Primavera thread as I was sent a - presumably - fake line up poster for Primavera (which would blow Mad Cool out of the water for me). I wanted to see if there was any truth to it but those guys seem really hung-up about Mad Cool.

Finances aside - if you liked both festivals wouldn't you go to both rather than sticking to your guns? 

I think that the problem is not with Primavera fans, but with BBK Live fans (BBKlivers) due to both festivals (BBK and Mad Cool) runs the same weekend, so the stronger the Mad Cool line-up is, the weaker BBK line (and reciprocally). 

Lot of people attend Primavera + BBK or Mad Cool. 

This year BBKlivers are really nervous in social media because Mad Cool booked all Nos Alive big names and Mad Cool line-up is huge (due to his gigantic budget).  But I think that at the end both undercards will be balanced. 

1 hour ago, 40 Days said:

In terms of times/stages I'm assuming the clashfinder is guesswork?

Yep, with the exception of the order Fleet Foxes > Tame Impala > PJ > ... > Kasabian and Jack Johnson > QOTSA > DM > NiN.

Didn't they say they were gonna provide more info about transport and everything alongside the new announcements??

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Arnold said:

I think that the problem is not with Primavera fans, but with BBK Live fans (BBKlivers) due to both festivals (BBK and Mad Cool) runs the same weekend, so the stronger the Mad Cool line-up is, the weaker BBK line (and reciprocally). 

Lot of people attend Primavera + BBK or Mad Cool. 

This year BBKlivers are really nervous in social media because Mad Cool booked all Nos Alive big names and Mad Cool line-up is huge (due to his gigantic budget).  But I think that at the end both undercards will be balanced. 

This may well be true. I didn't read through that many pages but I got the impression they were complaining about acts that they would praise were they at PS. Some people were even calling them out for it. It certainly wasn't everyone being negative. 

I guess by raising this point here I'm as guilty as they are. Both lineups are likely to be pretty solid though. 

18 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

can you change language settings to english somewhere on fnac (pack mad cooltickets website) ? A bit hard to understand what you're agreeing to :P

I used Chrome, which has a built-in translate tool (Right click>translate to English)

8 minutes ago, The life of Pablo said:

How did you selected england or united kingdom as the country?

Sorry, can't remember. If either are on there they should work though.

1 minute ago, Christmas@TheZoo said:

I had the same issue - it should be - Reino Unido. United Kingdom in Spanish.

I ordered the same thing earlier this week, and I had an email saying it had been dispatched already.

Somewhere in this thread (before all the shenanigans) somebody posted pics from a pack which has already been received, so loads of people have theirs already.

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

The stage and time splits were not known until quite late last year. About a month before I think? Can't be exactly sure with this.
Hopefully it will be earlier this year.

51 minutes ago, Arabella said:

Guys is Plaza España/GranVia/Royal Palace a good area to stay in your opinion?

It's in the heart of the city, if I'm not mistaken

I'm doing what I did last year. Staying in Gran Via. Mooching around in the city centre by the day and making my way to the festival in the evening via a few bars

1 hour ago, Arabella said:

Guys is Plaza España/GranVia/Royal Palace a good area to stay in your opinion?

It's in the heart of the city, if I'm not mistaken

Yeah that's good place to stay. North of Gran Via are the districts of Malasaña & Chueca, both full of bars and restaurants, recommended for some festival pre-drinks.

3 hours ago, arcuse said:

Yep, with the exception of the order Fleet Foxes > Tame Impala > PJ > ... > Kasabian and Jack Johnson > QOTSA > DM > NiN.

Didn't they say they were gonna provide more info about transport and everything alongside the new announcements??

Is that Kasabian placement confirmed? Haven't seen that anywhere.