Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

3 minutes ago, Orest said:

Maybe there will be co-headliner in the first day?

Mad Cool CM said after last announcement (before today's one) that there's a co-headline structure on Friday and that Tame Impala will be the second biggest name on Thursday.

Edited by e2p2

Just now, James96 said:

Nah I think AM are still co-headlining with Jack White. Think PJ want a longer set like they normally do.

The formatting of the poster makes it look like Jack White is the solo headliner but I can't imagine they would head the entire day with him when he's subbing for Pearl Jam at Rock Wercher

16 minutes ago, McCallion said:

The formatting of the poster makes it look like Jack White is the solo headliner but I can't imagine they would head the entire day with him when he's subbing for Pearl Jam at Rock Wercher

Bar Tool said a couple of weeks before that there will be two headliners at friday.

Came back from my exam with the exciting names, only to see I got minused because of some inside info I gave, guess Ill just shut the heck up and just lurk from now on.. 

Also cant remember who it was who asked, but no its not guess work. I got a contact with someone with inside info. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Came back from my exam with the exciting names, only to see I got minused because of some inside info I gave, guess Ill just shut the heck up and just lurk from now on.. 

Also cant remember who it was who asked, but no its not guess work. I got a contact with someone with inside info. 

It was me who enquired as to why a band would pull out because of the way the festival was doing their announcements. I don't doubt you have some inside info (I have no reason not to believe you), I was just curious as to why.

Anyway it's not worth worrying about the downvotes, life's too short for that sort of thing. Most people here are pretty friendly (as long as you stick away from the Spanish politics).

3 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

A better line-up for me than Glastonbury's last year and any festival I've been to since the mid-00s.

What day are people expecting Arctic Monkeys to play?

Hopefully there won't be the clashes like there were at Glastonbury! Bound to happen though.

Sounds like Friday, co-headlining with JW.

Good stuff. The days look fairly balanced to me so far, hopefully they will use a bit of common sense when selecting who plays where when, it really should be straightforward for festival organisers...

A few questions for anyone who has been before:

- What is travel back from the festival site like? Understand there is a Metro station nearby and that their tube system runs until 1.30am. What time does the site close and is getting the Metro feasible?

- Is there a night bus service back to the city centre anywhere near the site?

- How manic is the taxi situation? Presumably there are Uber-style apps?

Edited by 40 Days

Alright, updated the clashfinder y'all, let me know what you'd change. I placed Kaleo as last act because 3th stage got a bit full and I think there might be an act after NiN on the first mainstage, but let me know ofc :) 
The Last Internationale > Fleet Foxes > Pearl Jam > Kasabian
FIDLAR > Tame Impala > Eels
with MGMT, Yo La Tengo and Leon Bridges on the 3th stage

Marmozets > Jack White > Arctic Monkeys > Alice In Chains
Black Pistol Fire > Franz Ferdinand > Snow Patrol > At The Drive In
with The White Buffalo, James Bay, Kevin Morby and Perfume Genius on the 3th stage

Wolf Alice > Jack Johnson > Depeche Mode > Kaleo (?)
BRMCC > Portugal. The Man > QOTSA > Nine Inch Nails
with Future Islands, Kase.O, Rag 'N Bone Man and Glass Animals on the 3th stage

With everything MC has pulled out so far, I'm hoping they pull out another big electronic name though I think Richie Hawtin will be the big electronic name with his CLOSE show!

https:///s/mcf18

Edited by arcuse

19 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Good stuff. The days look fairly balanced to me so far, hopefully they will use a bit of common sense when selecting who plays where when, it really should be straightforward for festival organisers...

A few questions for anyone who has been before:

- What is travel back from the festival site like? Understand there is a Metro station nearby and that their tube system runs until 1.30am. What time does the site close and is getting the Metro feasible?

- Is there a night bus service back to the city centre anywhere near the site?

- How manic is the taxi situation? Presumably there are Uber-style apps?

Last year transport was an absolute nightmare but the festival was in a different location. Took us around an hour every night to get an uber to accept and crazy surge pricing. Hopefully the new location makes it easier

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

There seems to be a mistake with Odesza. They're playing mad cool and melt in germany. Both on Friday.

it's not that rare for dj acts to have 2 gigs on the same day.  it could be an error but not necessarily.

Edited by neacaisa