Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

4 hours ago, evilduck said:

There is a train line that goes by the festival site, and a night bus route. No official transportation has been announced yet. Most people seem to be staying in central Madrid.

4 hours ago, berger55 said:

From the centre of Madrid you can take the train C1 to Valdebebas or the Metro to IFEMA both close to the Mad Cool festival site.

Excellent thank you both.

9 hours ago, Festguy said:

Hi guys, don't know if any of u could help me out with this...

recieved my mad cool pack today and it's asking for my wristband number and box number which I have but also a ticket number to validate it. Anyone know where I would find it?

send an e-mail to info@madcool.es They reply in 24 hours

14 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

He's subbing `Pearl Jam at both Werchter and NOS. Perhaps that's a possibility and we've been presuming the co-headliner on Friday wrong? 

I thought Bar Tool hinted at the Friday having a co-headliner? I may have remembered that incorrectly though :lol:

Strange that NOS have taken down the JW confirmation. Jumped the gun?

1 minute ago, TomViolence said:

I thought Bar Tool hinted at the Friday having a co-headliner? I may have remembered that incorrectly though :lol:

Strange that NOS have taken down the JW confirmation. Jumped the gun?

Yeah but we've been assuming that will be Arctics + Jack. It could be that he's subbing (or co-headlining with) PJ and the Friday co-headliner is someone else 

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah but we've been assuming that will be Arctics + Jack. It could be that he's subbing (or co-headlining with) PJ and the Friday co-headliner is someone else 

Think you're dreaming a bit there, though you may be right. I doubt he asked to be paired with PJ, it's just ended up that way

Just now, CleetusVanDam said:

Are we expecting an announcement today?? Surely Arctic Monkeys after the video yesterday! 

I think they crossed a few red lines with that 'announcement', aka just like PJ they teased the hell out of us whilst that honestly not up to a festival to do, but the band (from that caliber) itself. There's no reason why they couldn't wait just a little longer to announce or tease like that when we know they're gonna announce them next week. From what I've heard they already lost a few bands because of these actions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

22 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I think they crossed a few red lines with that 'announcement', aka just like PJ they teased the hell out of us whilst that honestly not up to a festival to do, but the band (from that caliber) itself. There's no reason why they couldn't wait just a little longer to announce or tease like that when we know they're gonna announce them next week. From what I've heard they already lost a few bands because of these actions.

Lmao seriously, who's downvoting me for that? 

Anyways, saw a video of ODESZA last night and thought they'd be an amazing act to have on the electronica stage (even though their schedule says that they're technically only available anymore on the 14th  <_<)

18 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Lmao seriously, who's downvoting me for that? 

I wouldn't worry about it, especially considering the state of this thread this week!

What do you mean they've lost a few bands? I don't understand why a band would care about not being announced during a teaser Tweet.

16 minutes ago, big__phil said:

What do you mean they've lost a few bands? I don't understand why a band would care about not being announced during a teaser Tweet.

Well, when you book a band there could be some rules in the contract when you sign them, for example "Don't announce anything that has to do with us before a certain date" or "we get to be announced first of our day" etc etc.. If you break those rules, even if they're not in the contract but let's say a band is about to announce a big tour (like PJ) and you as little 3 year old festival spill the beans for that band and tease them.. Well, that's not good and they're gonna get angry. Even more when they didn't even ask the band to tease something (and I reckon this happened already a few times where they announced or teased something that shouldn't be/have (idk what the grammar is) done)

I imagine smaller bands don't make a big fuss about it but if you mess with an agent that has a lot of good bands on his sleeve and you disrepect him, you might lose him as a contact and that's no good for a festival who wants to grow and attract 80k people from all over the world.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Well, when you book a band there could be some rules in the contract when you sign them, for example "Don't announce anything that has to do with us before a certain date" or "we get to be announced first of our day" etc etc.. If you break those rules, even if they're not in the contract but let's say a band is about to announce a big tour (like PJ) and you as little 3 year old festival spill the beans for that band and tease them.. Well, that's not good and they're gonna get angry. Even more when they didn't even ask the band to tease something (and I reckon this happened already a few times where they announced or teased something that shouldn't be/have (idk what the grammar is) done)

I imagine smaller bands don't make a big fuss about it but if you mess with an agent that has a lot of good bands on his sleeve and you disrepect him, you might lose him as a contact and that's no good for a festival who wants to grow and attract 80k people from all over the world.

Can you give us some examples of bands that Mad Cool have lost for breaking that rules?

I always thought that contrats were confidential, but you have nice informations about contract between bands and festivals.

This is so interesting! Give us examples, please (if you are allowed to)

13 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Do you have any substantial proof or is this rumours and guesswork 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

If I remember correctly Bar said PJ are the sole headliner that day, and the second row is surely too packed already to fit Jack White in there... Right? 

khm don't put any more good names on Thursday because it's gonna hurt anyway khm

13 minutes ago, clasher said:

If I remember correctly Bar said PJ are the sole headliner that day, and the second row is surely too packed already to fit Jack White in there... Right? 

khm don't put any more good names on Thursday because it's gonna hurt anyway khm

Both Thursday and Sunday have too much good stuff whilst Friday feels lacking in comparison even with the co headliners