Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

I'm a bit late to this thread, but looks like I'll doing my first Mad Cool this year.  Hoping for a good headliner in that final slot, otherwise it might be a couple of day passes for me. Any suggestion when it might be revealed?

Have you already got your weekend ticket because it's sold out. Anyway, Arctic Monkeys / Jack White / Chumbawumba triple headline (- Chumbawumba) expected for the 2nd day, possibly to be announced this Thursday (as mentioned on the past few pages of this thread)

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, gregory said:

Have you already got your weekend ticket because it's sold out. Anyway, Arctic Monkeys / Jack White / Chumbawumba triple headline (- Chumbawumba) expected for the 2nd day, possibly to be announced this Thursday (as mentioned on the past few pages of this thread)

What?! I thought Chumbawumba were nailed on for this?!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

According to user Piledriver Waltz in other forum, these are things that comes with if you order 3-day pass from fnac. It is quite interesting that you get the wristband 7 months early.

http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t58574p1000-mad-cool-2018-abonos-agotados-entradas-de-dia-todavia-no

Ticketmaster.es send out the wristband too. Apparently it will be from about Feb.

35 minutes ago, gregory said:

Have you already got your weekend ticket because it's sold out.

Day tickets it is then! That day is pretty weak on the lineup for me anyway, so it's not the end of the world. If anybody does spot a 3 day ticket anywhere though please let me know!

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, big__phil said:

Day tickets it is then! That day is pretty weak on the lineup for me anyway, so it's not the end of the world. If anybody does spot a 3 day ticket anywhere though please let me know!

SMH at the idea that anything about this lineup is weak. This is more than likely the best lineup in the *world* in 2018, with the coming headliners.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, SonicSleuth said:

SMH at the idea that anything about this lineup is weak. This is more than likely the best lineup in the *world* in 2018, with the coming headliners.

Totally agree, only Rock Werchter could top that level now with the coming announcements. If there was a campsite we could have chosen it instead of NOS Alive. I really wish that there will be a campsite in 2019.

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

If there was a campsite we could have chosen it instead of NOS Alive. I really wish that there will be a campsite in 2019.

Letting people camp in the temperatures Madrid is known for in the summer? I don't think that's ever gonna work, in Lisbon you luckily have some fresh air from the sea to cool everything a little bit down.. But in Madrid? :P 

We know google translate is poor so maybe getting the wrong idea /incorrect measge but it seems like bartool will be commenting a lot less or not at all due to outrage about download madrid and people blaming Him even though he doesn't run dl.

hoping this isn't true as he always seems lovely and is super resourceful

IMG_4415.PNG

IMG_4416.PNG

IMG_4417.PNG

16 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

what's the problem with download madrid? line up is not that bad.

Think it's something to do with them promising another headliner and then taking them away (?) Can anyone shed any light? 

Funny 'cos that sounds a lot like the AM/JW discussion on here from last week haha

8 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

He should join up here tbh

I’ve always thought it weird that Gabi (Primavera Sound) and Bar Tool both field questions in the Azkena Rock Festival forum. A much smaller festival, quite far remove from either fest, just seems bizarre - can’t imagine the UK equivalent of that.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

just noticed that Mad Cool is listing on the Live Nation website like it's a Live Nation festival - which is a bit odd from what's said above.

For me as a 'civilian' it is always a bit shady who owns and organizes what - as long as I am able to see great music against fair prizes I am happy. I guess it could be a subtle difference here: Download organized by LN, Mad Cool supported by LN/a subcompany of LN?

Of course it is not hard to dislike Live Nation as they seem to run half the world. 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I’ve always thought it weird that Gabi (Primavera Sound) and Bar Tool both field questions in the Azkena Rock Festival forum. A much smaller festival, quite far remove from either fest, just seems bizarre - can’t imagine the UK equivalent of that.

Scenes when it turns out Eavis has been leaking the Glasto headliners in the Wychwood section of eFests for the last 5 years and no one's realised.

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, OddRon said:

We know google translate is poor so maybe getting the wrong idea /incorrect measge but it seems like bartool will be commenting a lot less or not at all due to outrage about download madrid and people blaming Him even though he doesn't run dl.

hoping this isn't true as he always seems lovely and is super resourceful

IMG_4415.PNG

IMG_4416.PNG

IMG_4417.PNG

Could you please link the original replies? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1