Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

11 hours ago, clasher said:

I was watching the game on the main square big screen, absolute madness. About a hundred locals hugged me. I was probably one of 10 people without a c. ronaldo kit on me. Getting stuck in a traffic jam while the team bus drove the other way less than two lanes away was a bit of whipped cream on top of that cherry. Realizing Iron Maiden have a gig in Lisbon while at Oceanario the next day and attending it was the chocolate that covered the cream :D Fond memories of Lisbon, I have.

Thank you. Useful info for the clashfinder(s). And the 7 is for electronica tent.

Ugh, we flew back from Lisbon during the second half of the final. So stupid to have missed that. Also: I could have won a couple hundred euros in betting if France would have won the final (which wasn't unrealistic after seeing that first half at the airport), so to hear in-flight that Portugal won the match was double frustrating.

NOS Alive 2016 was ace though... :-)

Bar, in 2017 you took out the schedules 6 weeks before the festival (May 24). 

Having been sold out of fertilizers so soon, and if you are going to join at the end of January / beginning of February to square things, could we have this year's schedules even earlier? 

To discover groups and not take a host is essential.

Bar Tool:
Possibly yes. The idea is to do it as soon as possible, although with such advance there may be some variation at the last minute.

3 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:
Bar, can you tell what time Fleet Foxes is going? 

Roll up and put them on the same stage as Pearl Jam.

Bar Tool:
Before Pearl Jam.

Which means Fleet Foxes is either subbing Pearl Jam or playing on the second stage right before Pearl Jam. Guessing the clashfinder for Thursday is correct by now for the 2 mainstages..

- Kasabian is playing 4th
- Fleet Foxes before Pearl Jam
- Tame Impala in the dark

M1: opener (FIDLAR / spanish act / The Last Internationale / Japandroids ) > MGMT > Pearl Jam > Kasabian
M2: opener (FIDLAR / spanish act / The Last Internationale / Japandroids ) > Fleet Foxes > Tame Impala > closing act (dance?)

38 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Bar Tool if you read this mate can you please make sure that none of Tame Impala/Kasabian/Pearl Jam/Justice clash please.

Nice one.

Justice will be in the tent, so that would work perfectly fine if Justice closed the electronic stage, however people expect them to be on earlier, which most likely means clashing with whoever is on one of the main stages after pearl jam (kasabian?).

I'd sign your version any day, especially if mgmt played on third stage for the first part of pearl jam (so I can then catch the last hour/hour thirty or so of PJ)

//edit: or better, just clash with fleet foxes.

Edited by clasher

Tame Impala confirmed to be before Pearl Jam. Assume the two acts before them on the main stages will be Tame Impala and Fleet Foxes, then. Probably Kasabian on afterwards and I reckon MGMT clashing with Pearl Jam on the 3rd stage (the 3rd normal stage, not the electronic one).

Justice on later, clashing with Kasabian, would be perfect. I just wanna be able to see Tame Impala, Pearl Jam and Justice that day.

Edit: Tame Impala "before PJ but at night". He'd mentioned earlier how they play well in the dark. I reckon Fleet Foxes (main) > Tame Impala (2nd) > PJ (main).

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Got 'em, did Bar Tool confirm that? Though 8pm is not really night time already, is it? It's sunset I think around that time. Anyways, based on that I put Sampha, MGMT, Yo La Tengo and Washed Out on the thirth stage and moved Gold Panda on the electronic stage since he's a DJ or something :P (though I could see Washed Out getting the slot I gave to Japandroids..)

Are we then still missing one big name for the second mainstage, damn..! 

3 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Got 'em, did Bar Tool confirm that? Though 8pm is not really night time already, is it? It's sunset I think around that time. Anyways, based on that I put Sampha, MGMT, Yo La Tengo and Washed Out on the thirth stage and moved Gold Panda on the electronic stage since he's a DJ or something :P (though I could see Washed Out getting the slot I gave to Japandroids..)

Are we then still missing one big name for the second mainstage, damn..! 

Yeah. They seem to be thinking Tame Impala at like 9:30 and Pearl Jam at 11/11:30.

20 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

2018 Fifa World Cup Final and Third Place game are at the same weekend of Mad Cool.

Third Place Game- 14 July Saturday-15:00

Final-15 July Sunday-16:00

F*******

How did I forget about World Cup final day. Just had to rebook a flight for the next day... Can't be missing England bringing it back home. 

• Like 1

Bar Tool:

-Fleet Foxes is on the same stage and before Pearl Jam

-Tame Impala is before Pearl Jam as well but at night

-He said you have understood well for someone that wrote:

Fleet Foxes in stage 1 
Tame Impala in stage 2 
Pearl Jam in stage 1 

-QOTSA have not requested more than 90 min.

-For IDLES: They did not fit us for this year.

-Washed Out/Sampha will be at stage 3 or 4

Edited by birchtree29
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

Bar Tool:

-Fleet Foxes is on the same stage and before Pearl Jam

-Tame Impala is before Pearl Jam as well but at night

-He said you have understood well for someone that wrote:

Fleet Foxes in stage 1 
Tame Impala in stage 2 
Pearl Jam in stage 1 

-QOTSA have not requested more than 90 min.

-Washed Out/Sampha will be at stage 3 or 4

I think if I got to see Pearl Jam, Kasabian, Tame Impala, Fleet Foxes and MGMT it would the strongest day at a festival I've ever done! Hopefully will be able catch Justice/Sampha too but that's probably a little greedy, and that's without the 20+ acts that yet to be announced that day. 

Hoping next weeks announcement fills the Friday out a bit, obviously got two headliners to come but there's only 2-3 I'd like to see at the moment. 

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

How is Japandroids, Washed Out or FIDLAR more fitting than IDLES? Those dudes are about to break through, it'd be a good booking but okay ://

Question is if MGMT ends up right after PJ on M2 or if we could expect another big name. Ryan Adam last year was billed 3th and played on the 4th stage, Belle & Sebastian were also billed 3th and played on the 3th stage. So it's not that onlogical having MGMT playing 3th stage and expecting another 'big' name for right after PJ.

In an ideal world id like 

yo la tengo 2nd stage

fleet foxes 1st stage 

Tame impala 1st stage 

Mgmt 2nd/3rd stage 

then a tough decision of kasabian which I've seen before but they're enjoyable festival music or justice, I enjoy their first album but I never get into live dance/dj music shows like I do with live bands with proper singing sadly 

3 hours ago, arcuse said:

How is Japandroids, Washed Out or FIDLAR more fitting than IDLES? Those dudes are about to break through, it'd be a good booking but okay ://

Question is if MGMT ends up right after PJ on M2 or if we could expect another big name. Ryan Adam last year was billed 3th and played on the 4th stage, Belle & Sebastian were also billed 3th and played on the 3th stage. So it's not that onlogical having MGMT playing 3th stage and expecting another 'big' name for right after PJ.

Could easily see MGMT being last I'm the main stage or headlining 3rd opposite Pearl Jam. Reckon Kasabian will be on 2nd after Pearl Jam.

Don't think there'd have to be another big name. People were even suggesting FIDLAR and Japandroids to close the main stage after Pearl Jam to offer a guitar alternative to the electronic stage.